Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 777103 times)

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 08:48:26 am »

Alright, put me on the fifth or sixth position.
By the way, 3 units of vampire blood in a waterskin isn't that much, I'd suggest someone placing at least barrel there.  ;)
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 09:44:24 am »

I have a question about Sunkengem. was it made by you or was it created during world gen?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 01:20:33 pm »

I have a question about Sunkengem. was it made by you or was it created during world gen?

I created it. It is kind of a sad story. I figured that if we were to build a museum we would need tables to display our artifacts on, so I founded sunkengem, and manufactured a large amount of marble tables. I then abandoned and, in adventure mode, dragged all the tables to the museum (I think I might have some ocd problems) it took ages but I was quite pleased with myself. Sadly I couldn't construct the tables, I just dragged and dropped them over the room untill I was satisfied. I then wanted to put some objects on display for testing purposes and found out that my adventurer insisted on placing all the nice items under the tables, instead of on top of it. I facepalmed.
I guess we can always throw the tables out and have a picknick in the courtyard.

Quote from: Logic
I am going with the eggs as my entry to the museum because they tell the story of the first person to take up the quest to fill the museum. They are also a rare scientific find, because reptile people are likely very protective of their eggs. I am also going to leave the vampire blood there, because it is a very rare thing to have and is probably of very high value because you must first find and kill a vampire to obtain it.

Nice! I assume you're building a fortress now?

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 02:32:19 pm »

Yes I am building a fortress, and, in regards to the items-under-tables problem, that isn't happening to me. The fortress is near the place where the kobolds attacked me.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 07:51:22 pm »

I'll go after Di.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 02:38:43 am »

OK, I've reordered the turn list.

Logic, it's been a week since you started your turn, is your fortress ready for upload?

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 02:59:25 pm »

Blargh, the fortress isn't done, but I guess I have to upload. Will place the link here in a bit.

EDIT: Er, probably stupid question. Because the DFFD won't let me upload folders, how do I upload this?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:23:11 pm by Logic »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 03:30:56 pm »

You should compress the folder into an archive (.zip  or .rar) using a program like winrar. This has the added bonus of making the upload/download somewhat more manageable in size.

Also if the fortress just needs a few finishing touches, you're free to upload it a day later.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 04:23:07 pm »

Probably wouldn't be able to do much.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5953

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 05:21:23 pm »

Ah, very good. I've send Antlion12 a PM, and I've updated the large map (added the new Fortress)

I noticed that the uploaded save still has the new fortress loaded, it needs to be abandoned before adventure mode can be started.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 07:35:23 pm »

Blargh, forgot to do that. ;-;

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 12:31:29 am »

The journal of Freeman Uragathre
Spoiler: Entry 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Entry 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Entry 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Entry 4 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:03:57 am by antlion12 »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 09:21:33 am »

I would like to sign up for this. Looks like no one has turn 3 can I get it?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:27:09 am by Kromgar »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 01:38:43 pm »

Yes, the third spot was still free. I've added you to the list.

I suspect that the law giver may be a vampire so i will accuse him i hope i don't die.OH GOD GOD GOD the law giver was a vampire!

I put up a good fight i killed the vampires cultists but i will die i put a few dents in him i think. Too bad i was not strong enough to kill him.

You mean the cave fish man law-giver Teshil Despairdaub who lives in the museum or some other random lawgiver elsewhere?

In other words, are there dead visitors strewn all over the museum hall or did this take place elsewhere?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:41:32 pm by Bralbaard »

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 02:05:10 pm »

Yes, the third spot was still free. I've added you to the list.

I suspect that the law giver may be a vampire so i will accuse him i hope i don't die.OH GOD GOD GOD the law giver was a vampire!

I put up a good fight i killed the vampires cultists but i will die i put a few dents in him i think. Too bad i was not strong enough to kill him.

You mean the cave fish man law-giver Teshil Despairdaub who lives in the museum or some other random lawgiver elsewhere?

In other words, are there dead visitors strewn all over the museum hall or did this take place elsewhere?

Yes that cave fish man and no there is no body's in the main floor only on the level of the law giver. I might have done something stupid by doing that but rest assured that none on the display level of the museum were harmed in the combat only those on the law givers level of the keep. I am also certain that the only cultists there were to be found was with the law giver on his level or else i would be swarmed by the others. To recap body count 2 cultists, Me and a random crossbowman. Blood was also to my knowledge never spilled on the museum level
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:13:18 pm by antlion12 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 162