Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 777042 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2012, 08:13:01 am »

Out of curiosity, I downloaded the last save and gave it a try on my own (hope no one minds). I ran into a potential problem.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In any case, I was right, my computer really can't handle this just yet. So my turn will have to wait until I get my new computer in May. In the mean time, maybe I'll start up my own adventure succession in a smaller, simpler world that I might be able to load and use without making everything freeze up every few minutes... We'll see how it goes.

Well then I will just have to train to kill the serphentine lord

Page 4: The fall of Dakost Thimshurthikut

Page 5: The flight to the Museum

Related: Me dropping bricks

Page 6: Night at the Museum

Me fighting him

I threw  a bronze arrow from the dead bowman at him a couple tiems and it resulted in this.
My finger hurts pressing enter and anytine my game freezes I know he just dropped 3,000 items

He bled to death... I had to do it solo my spearman wouldn't help

Part 7: Choking Cultists
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:03:21 pm by Kromgar »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2012, 01:19:35 pm »

So we've started this with the idea to fill the museum with wonderfull artifacts, items and happy visitors. A place where young and old can marvel at the wonders of the world. An educational experience for the kids, a place you can visit with the entire family.

We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

At least were doing this in the true spirit of Dwarf Fortress. Armok will be proud of us.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:25:55 pm by Bralbaard »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2012, 02:30:23 pm »

So we've started this with the idea to fill the museum with wonderfull artifacts, items and happy visitors. A place where young and old can marvel at the wonders of the world. An educational experience for the kids, a place you can visit with the entire family.

We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

At least were doing this in the true spirit of Dwarf Fortress. Armok will be proud of us.

Actually... He had 3,000 on every body part it appears... I had him drop it once more and then he died... so yeah.... Anyone who wants to clean that up good luck ahahaha

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2012, 03:05:56 pm »

I just checked him in legends mode. If he was indeed wearing one item for each of his kills, then we have a pile of 31494 (!!) items lying there.

You were not kidding when you said your finger hurt from pressing enter when he dropped his loot.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:12:55 pm by Bralbaard »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2012, 03:38:42 pm »

I just checked him in legends mode. If he was indeed wearing one item for each of his kills, then we have a pile of 31494 (!!) items lying there.

You were not kidding when you said your finger hurt from pressing enter when he dropped his loot.
But yeah after the choking and the cultist thing I took a break and watched a movie i'm starting up again

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2012, 04:09:29 pm »

Part 8: Tricking necromancers

I can only assume that the entire civilization was wiped out by the vampire lord and other vampires hiding in the sewers.

Dirlu Tiretwinkles is my target now... seriously what am I killing Edward Cullen?

Oh and my full name is Kaslun Wadsomber the Whirling Anguish

I want to get a Dragon... I went back to the dragon lair I had seen previously but the dragon was gone

Twinklemansions is a short walk to the north... a vampire lives there. I wandered the sewers and I couldn't find anything just a ton of corpses everywhere
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:42:50 pm by Kromgar »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2012, 06:40:51 pm »

Sign me up!  :o

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2012, 01:34:19 pm »

I've added you to the list,
welcome!

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2012, 08:32:13 am »

Excitement! Adventure! Where do I sign up?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2012, 10:41:09 am »

I've added you to the end of the list.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2012, 06:40:22 pm »

Totally spaced and forgot about it... but anyway I killed a ton of vampires and dran their blood and nothing happened... I found another vampire and I am going to drink their blood while they live then I am going to infiltrate the necromancers tower and steal their awesome books

Tehsapper

• Bay Watcher
  • Why, MrMayor? Whatever do you mean by "slade bed"?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2012, 12:52:08 pm »

Oh, hi.
Could you add me to the list?

Thank you anyway.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2012, 03:28:17 pm »

Bralbaard... I have a question is it ok for me to use dfhack to melt away all of the bone stuff? Some of it landed on a table and I suppose it could count as an exhibit haha but yeah it just looks litterered very very littered. with the bone charms in places.

Also... I killed the second floor of a necromancer tower and stole all their books. I also took the body parts... I left my bag on a table full of books... I forget to give myself reading skills

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2012, 04:03:09 pm »

Bralbaard... I have a question is it ok for me to use dfhack to melt away all of the bone stuff? Some of it landed on a table and I suppose it could count as an exhibit haha but yeah it just looks litterered very very littered. with the bone charms in places.

Also... I killed the second floor of a necromancer tower and stole all their books. I also took the body parts... I left my bag on a table full of books... I forget to give myself reading skills

Good to know you made it, how did your assault on the tower go, It's nice to hear a bit more about the history behind our museums exhibits.  Also, are you going to create a fortress in your remaining time?

About the massive pile of bone trinkets, and human remains: I'd say we leave it for now. It's the same as in a succession fortress, we just have to deal with the mess we create. If it turns out that it destroys the fps in unacceptable ways we could see if we can do something about it, conventional ways of dealing with it would be more fun though, I have something in mind that my adventurer might attempt... (and no, I'm not going to drag all 30.000+ items away one by one)

I've added Tehsapper to the turn-list.
The museum currently contains the following items:

1: A collection of dragon and reptile woman eggs collected by Logic Enpumik.
The famous oologist Logic specialized in eggs of large reptiles, risking his own life he entered a dragon's lair and brought back not only several dragon eggs, but also for comparison, some eggs of reptile men, distant cousings of the mighty dragons.

2: A collection of over 31494 items made of human body parts Leftovers from an awkward incident that led to the death of the entire staff of the museum. Not a particularly valuable collection, it is however too much trouble to remove.  It is whispered that both Antlion12 and Kromgar are responsible for this mess.

3: A mysterious book collection . Nobody has a clue what they are about since nobody at the museum happens to know how to read. Submitted by Kromgar.

And various corpses, body parts and  bloodspatters that have not yet been properly categorized..
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:31:59 am by Bralbaard »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2012, 04:45:14 pm »

Part 8: The end of a Journey

Bonus: If you go to the only major market you will find the corpses of the necromacers I took as companions who I slaughtered in the market square.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 162