Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 777104 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #360 on: November 08, 2012, 10:50:27 pm »

I decided to look at the exhibits...

Bogeyman Left Hand... hahaha

Man... It was quite boring killing bandits all over to not get directed to a leader... must be because I killed their king...

Edit: I finished most of my story on the previous page

I got lucky with the Titan. Kaslun Wadsomber will become a legend... Ebe will be forgotten due to my wanting of recognition(I would like to imagine but you can't lie about who killed the titan to the legends screen)

I recommend that if you want to get directed to megabeasts for something other than eggs which are flooding the museum you don't go to dinnerwandered you should start far away.

Journal Entry 8: Sometime later
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I unretired Kaslun to see if he was still oozing pus... and he still is... constantly. I then got into events above
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:15:03 am by Kromgar »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 09, 2012, 02:48:14 am »

Your adventurer is certainly a master of survival, having survived two adventures where most are killed by kobolds after a few steps into the wilderness. I fear his social life must have deteriorated a bit this time despite all his heroic deeds, because of all the puss covering his body at all times.
Did you try to contract vampirism from this vampire? I know you tried unsuccessfully in the past, but immortality would be a nice trait to have at your age, if you want to play again with this character.

Journal Entry 8: One year later

So you build a small fortress? or does the calendar always add a year upon retiring and restarting?
Anyhow, I guess Tomirony can start once the save is uploaded.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:05:08 am by Bralbaard »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 09, 2012, 10:40:28 am »

Your adventurer is certainly a master of survival, having survived two adventures where most are killed by kobolds after a few steps into the wilderness. I fear his social life must have deteriorated a bit this time despite all his heroic deeds, because of all the puss covering his body at all times.
Did you try to contract vampirism from this vampire? I know you tried unsuccessfully in the past, but immortality would be a nice trait to have at your age, if you want to play again with this character.

Journal Entry 8: One year later

So you build a small fortress? or does the calendar always add a year upon retiring and restarting?
Anyhow, I guess Tomirony can start once the save is uploaded.

I was wrong it went from beginning of winter to midwinter. Haven't made a fort at all yet

I actually forgot to try it as it was so sudden and unexpected... Since I believe vampirism is only contracted through biting in this world... I killed so many vampires and licked their blood...

I have to say having a  lasher really helped me survive. I was sure the dingo men would kill us both but Ebe had gotten a ton of good hits and dodge. The only challenge was the mountain titan... and ebe proceeded to one shot it... Whips are op as hell... but I suppose a hoof is better than a whip in some cases

So did the rules change to include heroes now as well?

Final Edit: From what I can tell to find all of the vampires in the sewers you would need to be a vampire yourself as they seem to be hiding in the sewer pipes leading to the river... so the sewer villains are all unreachable unless your undead.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:25:19 pm by Kromgar »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 09, 2012, 04:07:19 pm »

Uploaded save: never made a fortress

http://www.mediafire.com/?1g6lpl9ypq665nt

City Watch Logs

Also... the reason kobolds keep slaughtering everyone is because they have  hordes of undead... when you get ambushed you also get hordes of goblins/kobolds/things

So you need to stick to 1 or 2 companions... Also wrestle... wrestle until your beyond legendary. Fight something weak so you can dodge and block its attacks. Wear good armor... and always steal weapons... or just cleave off the arm which.

If you have an infinite army of undead minions prepared to get destroyed by an ambush... still doesn't mean you won't get ambushed by 8 dingomen with 1 companion
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:11:31 pm by Kromgar »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 09, 2012, 06:20:37 pm »

Damn kobold archers are the thing. There's not a whole lot of defense against them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 09, 2012, 06:39:03 pm »

I just had an idea... maybe if we get Logic's blood in a waterskin perhaps we can create new vampires...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:35:45 pm by Kromgar »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 10, 2012, 02:43:02 pm »

Also... the reason kobolds keep slaughtering everyone is because they have  hordes of undead... when you get ambushed you also get hordes of goblins/kobolds/things

So you need to stick to 1 or 2 companions... Also wrestle... wrestle until your beyond legendary. Fight something weak so you can dodge and block its attacks. Wear good armor... and always steal weapons... or just cleave off the arm which.

If you have an infinite army of undead minions prepared to get destroyed by an ambush... still doesn't mean you won't get ambushed by 8 dingomen with 1 companion

Running away seems to be my winning tactic so far. It helped my first adventurer get all the way to Silverywind, but then I got overconfident in the last battle and chose to actually confront my enemies. Big mistake.

I've send Tomirony a PM, He was already aware that his turn was likely to start today, so we'll likely get a response soon.

Edit: I updated the contents of the museum.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:55:39 pm by Bralbaard »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 10, 2012, 07:41:03 pm »

I just had an idea... maybe if we get Logic's blood in a waterskin perhaps we can create new vampires...

I did that last night in my adventures; I'd used dfhack to contaminate my companion, and she then managed to take some injury that produced a lot of blood, which I used to fill my waterskins. Later, I used her blood to infect someone else, which appeared to work just fine. While she watched, which must have been fairly awkward for her.

I also collected some evil syndrome rain in a waterskin, which I intend to use for ‼SCIENCE‼ despite not apparently having any immediate effects.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:09:06 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 10, 2012, 07:50:46 pm »

You know, when you guys get done with this place, you absolutely have to start a succession fortress in this world as near to the museum as possible, that is, if enough of the adventurers were dwarves for there to be a reasonable chance of them migrating.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 12, 2012, 09:07:53 am »

Alright! Downloading.

Gonna start this thing today.
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 12, 2012, 11:52:38 pm »

15th Obsidian, 1091

Alright, time to face the music. Either I get out of this going-nowhere town or die of boredom. Luckily, I have my grandfather's silver shortsword and a healthy dose of pluck and courage! Time to ask the villagers to point me to something interesting!

Over two-thousand kills, you say? Yyyyyyeah, maybe not. How about something more tame?

I hate you.

"Hunt them for sport.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 13, 2012, 12:34:21 am »

Vampires are easy. Go for it!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 13, 2012, 10:32:14 pm »

16th Obsidian, 1091

So I decided to head in the direction of Rirdest Circlecaught, the vampire that killed at least a billion people, with only a vague inkling of what I might do should I actually run into him. I found the city of his last known whereabouts and started asking around, as nonchalantly as a person can when seeking the undead.

I must have gone through half the city before I was ready to give up when I spotted him, loitering in a doorway. "You're that vampire!" I blurted out. Tact was never my forte.

What followed was pandemonium. Apparently, I'm a very convincing person as everyone within earshot pretty much dogpiled Rirdest before he could even get two words out.

I barely got any licks in. Regardless, after they beat him to a pulp, they congratulated me on spotting the villain.

I stayed the night and spoke with some of the villagers, and they told me about a museum up north. Now that sounds much more intriguing than just randomly killing creatures of the night!

I left the city right before dawn and before anyone had time to bury Rirdest. An ancient creature such as him had a few interesting things the museum might like...

17th Obsidian, 1091

Traveling the wilds, I didn't realize my greatest opponents would be starvation and thirst. I took a traveling companion with me to better my odds of survival, but the wilds out here are weird...

... And then, as I traveled up a hill, I was ambushed and a camel killed me.

It is unlikely I will have time to make a fortress, so I will upload the save tomorrow (it seems to be giving me problems right now).
"Hunt them for sport.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 15, 2012, 05:06:20 pm »

Damn camels... those things are monsters. I prefer small animals

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 16, 2012, 09:39:42 am »

Another camel that has gained a title. Have you had any luck uploading the savegame, or are you building a fortress after all?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 162