Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 782907 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #435 on: January 05, 2013, 06:07:11 pm »

Two, currently. That update wasn't quite up-to-date. Maybe I'll pull my head together to catch up before continuing

Alright, here's part two.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blasted giant desert scorpions got us the first time I tried to sleep through the night, and Lam was stung, and envenomed. Her brain would have rotted eventually, but then the game crashed. :(

Here's part three. It's a long one.

[edit]

Oh noes! I forgot the pretty picture!

[double-triple-mega-edit]

Well, my adventures have been concluded, for now, and Bora has retired to a life of politics and duping people into thinking he's totally not a vampire/necromancer overlord of death.

Here's the last three parts of his journey;

Spoiler: Part four; Northevil. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Part Five: Lakelancers (click to show/hide)

So, as a summary;

- I lost my goddamn backpack and all the cool stuff I'd collected!
- Explored Northevil. The rumors of it's founding by goblins are completely true, but somehow it was taken over by dwarves. Or something like that? Lucky enough not to meet any murderous goblin ghosts.
- Explored Lakelancers. It's pretty cool, and there's some neat trinkets to be found there, and plenty of living dwarves willing to march to their deaths at your side.
- Explored Crystaltombs (only because I needed a backpack) and found out that I'm a blathering idiot and should have though of a better way to drain my waterfall. There's at least half a dozen beasties there, all of which I avoided fighting. Have fun. :P
- Became a necromancer, neglected to raise an army of evil undead. Politics first, villainy later.
- Retired in Dinnerwandered with a single pitiful contribution to the museum. But I vow my revenge on the Systemic Desert and it's treacherous sands!

I will now run off to construct a fortress worthy of the glory of Bora Ragedance the Allied Flesh of Nourishing!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:03:10 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 07, 2013, 01:12:11 am »

Dishonorable display. I am curious... how could one possible lose their backpack? Either way I have grand plans as my next turn slowly approaches...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 07, 2013, 01:17:21 am »

Well, the plan was to remove my backpack during the fight, because it would free up speed (I had a lot of assorted crap in there) and then put it back on afterwards. But I forgot about the putting it back on part and wandered off, completely forgot where I was that night, and never found it again.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 07, 2013, 10:25:32 am »

That is the second reason I don't remove my backpack.

The first would be due to the fact that more often than not I end up emptying it instead, and it takes way too long to organize shit again. T_T
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 08, 2013, 01:27:58 am »

One interesting thing is that you managed to acquire vampirism, where everybody else failed. It seems vampires aren't (completely) broken in this world after all.
You could put a barrel with your own blood on display, it would truly be a wondrous item.

I've updated the first posts in the topic with information on the new treasures and explored sites.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 08, 2013, 08:10:34 pm »

Flasks of your own blood for the vampire throne. Eventually all the adventures shall be necromancer, vampire, werebeast, thralls. Eventually the world is filled with undead adventurers vying for power and control

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 09, 2013, 07:23:54 pm »

Unfortunately I've run into a huge setback:
1) My computer broke down, I dunno what's up yet and it could be anything from a loose wire to the OS breaking down and requiring re-installation to total hardware failure.
2) The save was on a backup harddrive with no known problems, luckily, so it is more than likely intact.
3) The only computer I have available at the moment has only 2GB RAM, and is older than your mother. No DF for me, which means I cannot complete my turn.
4) The computer I have available now has a rather troublesome, though apparently not fatal, virus, so it isn't necessarily at all safe to install that backup harddrive on this machine and upload the current save. I don't want to spread around any nasty bugs.

Tonight I'm going to try again to get my computer in a functional state and see if I can keep it that way long enough to nab the save and upload it from the library or something. If not, I'll let you know and you can skip me :(
I make Spellcrafts!

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 09, 2013, 08:46:39 pm »

I blame the vampire curse.

you would have successfully brought working vampire blood to the museum, and we can't have that, so the game crashed your computer.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 09, 2013, 11:46:40 pm »

Well, the curse is not a brilliant chap, that's for sure. I know for a fact the vampire's name and location: Duka Ownmarbles, in the Hamlet of Baldnesssmile, which is a part of the civilization of Agamong, which is the south-western most human civ you can play as. If you go there, the town is up in the mountains.

I haven't been able to get my computer rebooted yet. Power comes on and it begins start-up, but only gets to a screen that says "Loading Operating System..." in the top-left. Nothing else.
I make Spellcrafts!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 10, 2013, 01:08:21 am »

I have no problem at all to wait some time untill you can upload your save, I'm glad we had a turn in which a lot was done after all the players that did not show up. Also, if those posts in the "what's happening in your fortress" are about the fortress you're currently building, then you've spend a lot of time on that as well, it would be a shame to throw away a good adventuring location.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 10, 2013, 10:46:16 am »

If there's still slots, I'd love to contribute the to the wonders of THE MUSEUM.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 10, 2013, 02:34:19 pm »

Yeah, those posts were in regards to the fortress I was working on. My plan right now is to remove the backup hard drive and stuff it in another computer case to access the file. Maybe I can get something done with it before uploading, as well.

[edit]

Better news is I found no evidence3 of an actual virus on the computer I can plonk the drive into: it just needs updated badly, and the report I got about it being infected by a virus revolved around shoddy performance and user error, I guess.

[edit]

Installing the drive worked, and I can access the save. This POS computer can only run at a fraction of the FPS and the RAM is nearly maxed out by running the fort, but it seems to function. I'll push it as far as the system can take it, then upload from there.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:06:59 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 12, 2013, 01:13:35 am »

So what do we do when the new update hits(and is bugfixed) Do we start a new museum? I mean the additions to adventure mode alone from that update greatly improves the game...

Sudden realization: We need a history fast forward button

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 12, 2013, 01:33:03 am »

I would like to see the game continued in the new version, for sure.

Good news: I got my computer up and running again!
Bad news: I technically just turned it on for the umpteenth time, and it actually worked. So nothing was actually fixed, yet, which means that whatever the problem was has a high chance of recurring.

I'm probably going to be able to upload the save sometime tomorrow. I'm sorry about the delay.
I make Spellcrafts!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 12, 2013, 05:35:56 am »

No problem.

I'll definitely start a new game when a (stable) new version is released. I guess that will be at least three or four months away. By that time our current, dying world will be robbed of most of its treasures, so it will be good to move on.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 162