Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 782566 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #510 on: February 16, 2013, 07:46:04 pm »

Ah mummies, I'd not go around them before I can onehit it. That curse of theirs is worse than most clown syndromes, sets your skill to zero forever and all.
By the way, what's up with all those ghosts? Did they appear after abandon or did someone not clean up after himself?

(the 0 skill effect only takes effect 20% of the time, btw)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dinnerwandered in Isoworld
« Reply #511 on: February 17, 2013, 03:51:35 am »

I've been playing around with screen captures and the utility "Isoworld".  By tiling subsequent screen captures together, (after cleaning up each captures' miscellaneous image artifacts), I was able to produce this image.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unless the creator objects, I would like to create a gazetteer visually detailing not only the wheres but placing links in the images to the stories of what happened there too, stitching these many adventures together via hyperlinks.  The idea came to me as I was cleaning then tiling the image together - Museums need tour guides as well as contributors.  I would like to offer my services in that regard.  I hope for my future adventurers to be the collectors of tales of other's deeds, keepers of histories and organizers for the museum.  Timeless curators, if you will.  Until then, I intend to begin by making a set of comprehensive maps for those who wish to visit  Dinnerwandered, sampling this town's delicacies and delighting in her hidden pleasures as well as her more ostentatious ones.

Is this something you guys think would be a good offering?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 17, 2013, 04:12:12 am »

Ah mummies, I'd not go around them before I can onehit it. That curse of theirs is worse than most clown syndromes, sets your skill to zero forever and all.
By the way, what's up with all those ghosts? Did they appear after abandon or did someone not clean up after himself?

(the 0 skill effect only takes effect 20% of the time, btw)

In practice, though, the "20%" chance effectively means "all the fucking time", because, dwarves.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dinnerwandered in Isoworld
« Reply #513 on: February 17, 2013, 08:42:33 am »

Unless the creator objects, I would like to create a gazetteer visually detailing not only the wheres but placing links in the images to the stories of what happened there too, stitching these many adventures together via hyperlinks.  The idea came to me as I was cleaning then tiling the image together - Museums need tour guides as well as contributors.  I would like to offer my services in that regard.  I hope for my future adventurers to be the collectors of tales of other's deeds, keepers of histories and organizers for the museum.  Timeless curators, if you will.  Until then, I intend to begin by making a set of comprehensive maps for those who wish to visit  Dinnerwandered, sampling this town's delicacies and delighting in her hidden pleasures as well as her more ostentatious ones.

Is this something you guys think would be a good offering?

Great idea! I can only encourage this, stories of your adventurer exploring the world would have to wait until it is your turn, but better maps of places we explored etc. could be submitted at any time. The same would be true for artwork based on other people's adventurers, or better catalogues of the stuff we have stored in the museum (a lot of people submitted interesting secondary submissions which have gone uncatalogued).
I can link to your, or other peoples updated maps etc. from the first post.

I've been playing around with screen captures and the utility "Isoworld".  By tiling subsequent screen captures together, (after cleaning up each captures' miscellaneous image artifacts), I was able to produce this image.

Nice! I can recognize most of the towns even if only Dinnerwandered itself is annotated. It is too bad player build fortresses don't show up. Sunkengem lies within this area, I think the tomb of heroes and Shootplunges lie just outside it. Maps like these certainly help to visualize things.

In other news, I've replaced the picture of the museum in the first post, which showed a still empty museum:
with a more recent one, as you can see we actually have a visitor:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:49:45 am by Bralbaard »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 17, 2013, 03:48:21 pm »

Thank you.  I'll map and label the outlying towns as soon as I get Dinnerwandered taken care of - it's a big place and I've yet to explore the whole town.  In the interests of keeping the place fun, I was considering leaving the sewers unmapped.  What are the group's thoughts?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 17, 2013, 04:41:19 pm »

That might be wise, I know the flooded parts of the sewers are still unexplored (parts of the sewers might even be inaccessible).

The rest of Dinnerwandered is well-explored and it would be reasonable to have good maps of the city, maps of other areas should probably be discussed here before they are made, as areas that have not been explored should not be spoiled. A lot depends on the level of detail of the maps, what level of detail will your maps have?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Dinnerwandered Gazeteer
« Reply #516 on: February 17, 2013, 10:33:51 pm »

I was going to start with a full overhead tiling of all the streets and houses (images taken 1 z-level above ground level to maintain the privacy of anyone's homes and offices), much like you'd get from a satellite image.  Places of interest in Dinnerwandered like the Museum, the Temple and the Marketplace as well as any merchants with a sign out front, would be noted and given a link to an image rendered in isometric style by Stonesense so that the place can be seen "from the outside".

For the "sewers tours", I was thinking of making a separate map much like spelunker's do for cave maps, with some bits explored and with others remaining a mystery until some intrepid explorer actually lives to come back and tell the tale of his/her explorations into Terra Incognito.  This way, bit by bit, the sewers will be mapped as well, up to the point that they can be - However, this depends on people actually surviving to tell the tale, so I will be using the posted adventures as my guide.

Also, I think it would behoove the city gaurd to post a "Dinnerwandered's most wanted" notice on the gates just inside the outermost walls.  This notice will also be linked in the map to an updated list of criminals and monstrous beasts that are plaguing the fair capitol.  It only makes sense that with all the adventurers filtering through those gates that a notice would be posted in the place most likely to catch their notice.

As to the surrounding villages and towns, maps will be highly incomplete until I or another adventurer journey through with the intentions to fully map the area.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dinnerwandered Gazeteer
« Reply #517 on: February 17, 2013, 11:02:32 pm »

For the museum proper, I'll have my hands full organizing everything, tidying up and stocking the gift shop/cafe.  On the other hand, if a suitable spot for a mass grave can be found, I might just haul all of the unnamed body parts over and deposit them there, while the named body parts could become "historical artifacts" to be offered at the gift shop or given a place of honor in a display case.  In any regard, I plan to draw a picture of each exhibit in pencil once its place in the museum has been found and link it to the Museum walk-through map.

If the rooms directly under the Museum are available for storage, I'll be able to place museum offerings there until a more permanent place can be found for them to be viewed in the collections above.  Just like any other museum, really.  Regarding placement, I will, of course, listen to the suggestions of any surviving heroes as to their best placement.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 18, 2013, 04:28:51 am »

Timeless Bob Diver Bob Farmer Bob Pirate Bob Rob Bob the Corncob
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 18, 2013, 03:11:34 pm »

And so it was towards the end of Timber, 1098, right at the start of Winter that from Ishenmistem's grand entrance (a set of rotting wooden double doors wedged in the side of a mountain) Feb Minesizzled set off, with nothing but a spear, a knife, a waterskin, and a backpack filled to the brim with preserved pond grabber meat. Originally, her goal was to find another dwarven settlement to practice her craft in, but after an hour of hiking (she had just reached the base of the pitifully-sized mountain) she soon realized that she had no idea where any of the other dwarven kingdoms actually were. She turned back towards the mountain that had been her home for her entire life, and squinted to see Ishenmistem's queen, clad in shoddy pig tail robes and wearing a cracked and indecorous siltstone crown, peaking her head out of the mountainhome's grand entrance and spewing royal vomit down the side of the mountain. Feb promptly turned right back around and trekked on, deciding it would be better to die slowly of starvation out in the sunlight, above ground than to return that shithole.

She wandered straight through Winter, baring fast winds and frigid snowstorms. The winds blew her hair into her eyes as she hiked, and it annoyed her so much that she actually shaved her entire head right on the spot, using her copper hunting knife. Luckily the cold had numbed her head to the point that she didn't even feel the deep cuts she left on her bald head by accident. For a second, she was almost glad that she was a female, and thus had no bear to annoy her, but quickly dismissed this blasphemous thought. Besides, a beard would probably help to keep her cold. Speaking of hair keeping her head cold, she quickly regretted her impromptu haircut. At least she had that pigtail fiber cap.

After an entire season of wandering with minimal time spent resting and recuperating, Spring finally sprung. Unfortunately, Feb happened to be walking through a particularly cold part of the world at the time, so the change was hardly apparent. It's a good thing dwarves are great at making fires. Nearly an entire month passed into Spring, and it was still snowing around her. Finally, at the 25th of Granite, 1099, Feb spotted a wooden building off in the distance to the east. This would be the first contact with sentient creatures she would have in over four months. She was excited to talk with someone, even if it was those dirty, stinking, prickleberry-farming huma-

Feb readied her spear and swept it around the room, as if trying to point it at every single one of the goblins at once. When all she received from the goblins in return were raised eyebrows and confused stares, she slowly lowered her weapon. "Aren't you going to, like, try and eat me or something?" she asked, having never seen a goblin herself and knowing only of them from horror stories told to her as a child. "Eat you? Don't be ridiculous," laughed the oldest and most elegantly-dressed of the gray-skinned creatures. In fact, his garb surpassed that of Feb's own queen by far (which isn't saying much, but still).

The sagacious goblin talked to Feb, and questioned her about her native land and profession, but she seemed not to hear him. She instead was fixated on his right hand's ring. Its material was unlike anything she had seen before, and for some reason chills ran down her spine when she gazed at it. There appeared to be something intrinsically sinister and disgusting in its nature; something Feb couldn't quite put her finger on.

"Dwarf? Dwarf, can you hear me? Is something wrong? I am a doctor, you know."
"Your ring..."

A grave aura suddenly appeared around the cheerful old goblin. He gave a blank expression to Feb as he said "It's nothing, dwarf. You should leave this place. Do not return". Feb's eyes grew wide, and she discreetly reached for the spear strapped to her back, as she appeared to comply with the goblin's wishes and back towards the door. Now she thought, and in a swift motion the spear was in her hand in a position as if to be thrown, aimed directly at the doctor. The doctor's gray-skinned companions drew their variously purposed utility knives and poised to attack Feb. But, instead of ending that wretched murder's life, something extremely peculiar happened.

Feb Avuzumstiz, stonecrafter is taken by a fey mood!

Feb seemed to the goblins to have been suddenly struck by a fit of madness. She dropped her spear in the doorway, then ran out into the freezing cold, throwing snow everywhere with her hands and feet, as if trying to find something beneath the white blanket that coated the landscape. Finally her foot hit something hard, and she swept the area around it clean of snow to reveal a pile of small rhyolite stones. Perfect! she thought, as she grabbed several of them up and began beating them together in chaos that she somehow seemed in control of; the manner in which she worked seemed haphazard and insane, but the expression on her face suggested that her actions were in fact methodic and strategic.

Meanwhile, the goblins inside the house were debating whether or not they should go outside and gut the poor maniac, but the doctor told them to stay put; she wasn't a danger to anyone but herself. Besides, it was really cold out there. So, they just shut the door that Feb had unconsciously left open and resumed doing whatever it is goblins do when they aren't shearing trolls or kidnapping children.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 18, 2013, 08:01:09 pm »

No.

No!

Close... but NO!

This went on for hours and hours, with Feb smashing rocks together, taking a fraction of a second to judge the products, then becoming increasingly frustrated with herself and tossing the sharpened stones behind her. Hundreds, if not thousands of sharp rocks piled up, but none that satisfied the creative spirit that had suddenly possessed her. It's really a wonder that she could find that many rocks. Finally, when the crazed dwarf was just about to pass out from exhaustion and dehydration...

To be fair, it wasn't nearly as impressive as some other artifacts created by dwarves during fey moods, but it was by far the most beautiful things any dwarf from Ishenmistem had ever created, and to Feb it was priceless. She sat back and held the artifact (for indeed it was more than just a masterpiece to Feb) in her scarred and blistered hands and marveled at it for quite some time. Finally, she snapped out of her strange mood, and stood up to behold her surroundings. To her amazement, all of the snow around her had melted without her ever noticing it. She looked back to the wooden shack to see the door open and some goblins leaving it, off to plow the fields. While Feb was gorging herself on the little pond grabber meat and water she had left, from behind the doorway the goblin doctor stood, looking curiously at Feb and watching to see if she would come back to threaten him again.

Feb, full of food and ecstatic about her creation, now felt the burning desire to share the delights of her creation with others, even if those others were murderous goblins. Perhaps she could keep that doctor's secret, and put that human-product-ring-debacle behind both of them in the name of art. Just to be safe, she gathered up a few of the exceptionally crafted rocks she had tossed aside in her pursuit of perfection. She could use them as weapons if need be, but she wanted to keep her prized possession as clean of blood as possible. Then, she marked the spot where her marvelous creation had been birthed with an X of dwarven fireplaces (which can last months or longer, due to some unkown magical property).

After the construction of her fiery landmark, Feb, sharpened rocks in hand, approached the probably-vampiric goblin.

"Hi, um, sorry about the whole threatening you and your comrades with a copper spear thing. It's... a... traditional dwarven greeting, really. I meant no offense. Anyway, that's a really neat horse hair ring that definitely did not come from a sentient creature. I really like it and have no problems with you wearing it whatsoever, and I definitely will not tell anybody something ridiculous like it is made of a dead human's hair or something like that."

"Right... what do you want, dwarf?"

"Well, you see, I was lucky enough to have been possessed by the holy spirit of dwarven creation, as you saw when I last ran out of here. During this possession, I produce this:"

"Hot damn if that's not the sharpest rock I've seen in my life! The patterns you've engraved on it are beautiful! Honestly, this belongs in a museum!"

"Museum?"

"Well, it's only something I heard, but apparently there's a museum that collects all sorts of curious trinkets and treasures that adventurers find, but it's located in a human city on the other side of the world on the northeastern continent."

"A human town you say... there's no dwarven museums that you've heard of?"

"No, sorry. Just the human one in Dinnerwandered."

"Can you at least tell me of some dwarven mountainhomes around here? I'm hoping to find a place to practice my craft, stonecrafting obviously, and I'll bet that if I show up to a dwarven settlement with this baby, they'd give me a stonecrafting workshop in a heartbeat."

"Alright, I'll tell you what I know. But, I've got one condition for you."

"What's that?"

"Being an appreciator of art, as you can see I am by my clothes, I would loathe for that artifact of yours to be locked up in some dwarven vault somewhere, which it certainly will if you relinquish it to your greedy kin. If I tell you where some dwarven settlements are, you have to promise me that that masterpiece will end up in Dinnerwandered's museum for everyone to enjoy."

"Alright, fine, just tell me some places where I can settle down and enjoy some good booze for once in my life."

"Hmm... let's see if I can recall this right... There's... Silverywind a little northeast of here. I don't know anything about it other than its location on the Ashen Oceans and the fact that it's extremely cold. Other than that, legend has it that there's an uncharted island continent far to the east, on which there is only one civilized nation called Plankstirred. Supposedly, the place was founded by a bunch of extremely ambitious dwarves, who could still be there for all I know. I wouldn't reccomend going there, though. Apart from those two, I hear that there are several dwarven fortresses on the continent that Dinnerwandered is on, but you'll probably be better off asking folks once you get up there. That's all I know."

"I guess that means I'm heading to Silverywind then. One more thing before I go,

After the well-dressed doctor revealed himself as what Feb had suspected, those who had earlier drawn their knives in defense of him, now all turned to attack this abominable creature of the night, while Feb threw her two exceptionally sharp stones at the beast, but missed with each. She then decided to go collect more sharpened stones from the pile and wait to see how the fight inside turned out before rejoining.

She returned to find the footless corpse of the vampire surrounded by the angry mob that slew him. None of the peasants had suffered much damage beyond bruises and one broken nose.

Feb had heard rumors of people becoming vampires by consuming the cursed blood of other vampires, but she had no interest in becoming an undead servant of the night. Besides, drinking blood is gross. Instead, she opted to liberate the fancyass clothes from his corpse, along with his jewel-encrusted knife. She did, however, leave behind the jewelry made of human and goblin byproducts.

After spending the night in the cursed bloodstained wooden shack with her newly-made goblin friends, Feb set off once more, this time with a specific destination. She hoped with all her being that Silverywind would be a nicer settlement than Ishenmistem, and that its denizens would recognize the paralleled beauty of her creation.

The next morning, 26th of Granite, 1099, while on her way to where the late vampire, Ngokang Alrozom, said Silverywind was, Feb was attacked by a pack of wolves.

Using a combination of her sharpened rocks, rocks she scooped off the ground while scrambling away from the canine terrors, and her two knives, she was miraculously able to slay all of the wolves, despite having no military experience to her name. She did not succeed in fending them off without taking quite a beating, however. She possessed heavy bruises on her legs, hands, and body, and her right ear was smashed to pieces after being gnawed on by a wolf. At least she now had some breakfast after butchering the things. She ate and continued her trek, without even resting or bandaging her ear. She desperately wanted to get out of the cold and underground as fast as possible, even if that meant traveling while wounded. Besides, she didn't feel safe resting in wolf territory.

Hours later, after escaping the Beautiful Jungles and entering the tundra, Feb had another unfortunate encounter with wildlife. This time, the predator was much more intimidating.

Feb tried to run once again, but the thing proved faster than her. It would eventually overtake and eat her; she had to fight. She flung her knives behind her in an attempt to slow the beast down. The jeweled one struck it in the leg, chipping the bone. This offered an opportunity to escape, but Feb's dwarven greed got the better of her and she went back for the valuable knife. Luckily, the thing was writhing in pain and slipping in and out of consciousness, so the retrieval wouldn't be too dangerous. She probably could have even slit the thing's throat in its sleep, but she didn't want to take any chances and ran the hell away from that thing.

After another encounter with wolves, which Feb was able to escape due to a martial trance, Feb was extremely close to the location Silverywind was supposed to be, though she could not see it. Night had already fallen, and she was anxious to find the fortress before she was surrounded by cackling. Finally, she saw it off in the distance: a towering structure made of dark blue stone. Although she could see it even in the darkness of night, she was separated from it by the arctic Ashen Ocean.

A few hours of navigating along the frozen coast in the dark later, Feb arrived at what she hoped would be her new home. Stumbling towards it in the darkness, she saw in the moonlight another figure of her stature: another dwarf! So, the goblin was right, and this settlement was populated, which meant that they would certainly have room for a stonecrafter!

Feb called to the dwarf in her excitement and ran to meet him. She threw a barrage of questions at him, but he gave extremely strange answers. He refused to speak of Silverywind or the capital of his civilization, instead responding, "Ask me when I've returned home", suggesting to Feb that perhaps he was lost, insane, or both. When she asked him if she could contribute her services (as a stonecrafter), he told her to go kill an impala. She was uncertain as to whether this was some sort of local insult, or if he was just crazy. Extremely disappointed with this encounter, Feb left the poor lost dwarf out in the snow and approached the fortress itself.

She finally reached the wall of the fortress, which was cold to the touch. Upon closer inspection, discovered that the wall was in fact made of solid ice!

Surely dwarves with the architectural knowledge and the planning skills to construct a fortress out of ice would possess unimaginable riches. Feb decided that the soap maker she had met was probably just the local idiot, and that the dwarves inside would be those of high class; the kind of dwarves that would appreciate her artifact.Her assumption that the fortress was rich was extenuated by the fact that there was a raw gemstone lying out in the snow, as if someone had carelessly dropped it there.

She decided that it probably wouldn't be missed, and stuffed it into her backpack.

Feb's next objective was finding a way into the fort. She saw nothing but a vast wall of smoothed ice when she looked around her. She decided to walk around the perimeter of the place and see if the other walls were more promising. On her walk, she met another dwarf, this one a young peasant. This dwarf also responded to any of Feb's questions with "ask me when I've returned home!" and he likewise asked her to "kill the impala". Feb began to feel as if someone was playing a joke on her, but decided just to ignore this dwarf as well and progress onward into the fort. Maybe all of the sane people were hiding inside, which made sense; what kind of a dwarf walks around outdoors on the coast of an arctic ocean?

Past the insane peasant, Feb spotted a lump on the ground, covered with snow. After swiping it clean, it was revealed to be a turkey skeleton.

Feb wasn't sure what to think of that.

After walking all the way around the fortress's outer walls, Feb finally located the entrance and walked inside, looking for whoever was in charge.

The fortress's courtyard was littered with vermin corpses. On closer inspection, however, Feb determined that these were no ordinary vermin; they were the fabled fluffy wamblers, who were rumored to hail only from the lands blessed by the gods. Perhaps this tundra was indeed blessed. That would certainly explain why anyone would settle a fortress all the way out here despite the cold.

The question struck Feb as to why nobody had cleaned up this refuse. There was also a turkey corpse, this one not quite skeletal, lying in the courtyard. A turkey skeleton lying outside the fortress is one thing, having turkey remains lying around inside the courtyard is something very different. Something was extremely wrong with this place.

Feb carried on looking for the leader of this place, but she did so much more cautiously.

Near the south end of the courtyard, she spotted a dwarf sleeping, lying up against the icy wall and covered in snow. "Hey!" Feb called to him, but there was no response. When she arrived, she saw why.

The corpse was still fresh, no doubt preserved by the region's climate, and was covered in his own blood. But, in addition to the blood was something strange; some kind of purple mucus was splattered about his body. Perhaps there was some sort of titanic beast or demon dwelling in the ice fortress that omitted the stuff.

At this point, Feb was extremely tempted to leave immediately before she had to find out what killed that poor dwarf or what had caused the two dwarves outside to lose their minds. However, she could not stop thinking about the gem she had found outside or the mysterious material out of which the fort was constructed. She had caught a whiff of their wealth, and knew there had to be more somewhere in this fort. It was illogical and stupid, but that is simply the manner all dwarves behave in when gems or precious metals are involved. She decided to delve deeper into Silverywind. After all, if those mad dwarves outside had survived, surely at least one dwarf with his mental faculties intact survived within the place.

Part 4
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:23:10 pm by MrWillsauce »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 18, 2013, 08:16:52 pm »

The longer an adventure goes, the more I anticipate sudden brutal death. I hope you get to the museum alive!

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 18, 2013, 08:26:50 pm »

The longer an adventure goes, the more I anticipate sudden brutal death. I hope you get to the museum alive!
It's going to be a long walk. Also, I plan to visit all of the dwarven fortresses, which is pretty much impossible to do and survive. We'll see.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dinnerwandered Gazeteer
« Reply #523 on: February 19, 2013, 07:17:58 am »

Nice read, love the attention for detail.  You indeed have quite a long journey to go. With all fortresses do you mean *all* fortresses? That might be a bit optimistic, try to drop something at the museum early in your quest, just in case you don't make it.

It actually seems to be quite nice weather in Silverywind for a change, I've seen worse.

I was going to start with a full overhead tiling of all the streets and houses (images taken 1 z-level above ground level to maintain the privacy of anyone's homes and offices), much like you'd get from a satellite image.  Places of interest in Dinnerwandered like the Museum, the Temple and the Marketplace as well as any merchants with a sign out front, would be noted and given a link to an image rendered in isometric style by Stonesense so that the place can be seen "from the outside".
For the "sewers tours", I was thinking of making a separate map much like spelunker's do for cave maps, with some bits explored and with others remaining a mystery until some intrepid explorer actually lives to come back and tell the tale of his/her explorations into Terra Incognito.  This way, bit by bit, the sewers will be mapped as well, up to the point that they can be - However, this depends on people actually surviving to tell the tale, so I will be using the posted adventures as my guide.

Sounds like you are putting a lot of effort into this, I'm really looking forward to those maps. I love your approach about maps with unexplored areas that may later be filled in.

A lot of adventurers have been delving in the catacombs and sewers but there are still some unexplored areas: we know several quest targets are hiding somewhere in the sewers that have not yet been found. Most of those would be submerged areas, and areas beyond steep drop-offs. Several players have posted about their adventures down there.

For the museum proper, I'll have my hands full organizing everything, tidying up and stocking the gift shop/cafe.  On the other hand, if a suitable spot for a mass grave can be found, I might just haul all of the unnamed body parts over and deposit them there, while the named body parts could become "historical artifacts" to be offered at the gift shop or given a place of honor in a display case. 
If the rooms directly under the Museum are available for storage, I'll be able to place museum offerings there until a more permanent place can be found for them to be viewed in the collections above.  Just like any other museum, really.  Regarding placement, I will, of course, listen to the suggestions of any surviving heroes as to their best placement.

Sounds good, this would obviously have to wait untill your turn. I think we should keep the central hall for the officially submitted pieces, there's tons of other junk that needs to be catalogued that could be moved to the surrounding buildings or other levels of the keep.

In any regard, I plan to draw a picture of each exhibit in pencil once its place in the museum has been found and link it to the Museum walk-through map.
I'm working on something like this for the officially submitted pieces.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:42:21 am by Bralbaard »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 19, 2013, 02:53:44 pm »

One of the vampires we have lying around should go down into the submerged sewers and clean out all the baddies.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 162