Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 782633 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #630 on: March 21, 2013, 08:53:56 pm »

I was going to suggest luckystream for it's fine mead, but then I realized it's neither nearby nor did I produce any mead before turning in the save :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 21, 2013, 09:21:58 pm »

I was going to suggest luckystream for it's fine mead, but then I realized it's neither nearby nor did I produce any mead before turning in the save :P
But you did have literally hundreds of thousands of honeycombs from what I saw.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 21, 2013, 09:28:54 pm »

Hmm. Maybe I DID make some mead. I coulda swore that was only during play after upload, though.

But yeah, you gotta have a lot of honeycombs to get a mead industry rolling well enough.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 21, 2013, 09:38:33 pm »

I didn't see any mead when I was there, just a lot of hives and honey.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 22, 2013, 07:00:52 am »

Too bad there's no Dwarven Brewery nearby, eh?

A new brewery could open up at a nearby location sooner than you think
Seriously, the new DFhack seems to create some interesting possibilities. I have not yet tried any of this, but it seems like we can build certain stuff in adventure mode, and craft items in workshops as if it were fortress mode. Opening a brewery at the museum will certainly be possible.
I'm against using DFhack for cheating, but a lot of these new features could really add to the adventuring experience without giving an unfair advantage to the player. I think we should investigate if this would endanger the stability of the savegame or the affected in game sites, and possibly have a discussion if we want to allow non-vanilla stuff like this, and if so what features of DFhack would be legal.

Also, our precious blood samples have not yet arrived, and we haven't heard from Atomic Chicken in a while. I'll send him a PM.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:03:00 pm by Bralbaard »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 22, 2013, 11:55:23 am »

There were actually some folks who claimed to have crashing problems while trying to brew, among other issues people have had. It may not be wise to incorporate much of DFhack's adventure fort until they've figured out what's causing these issues.
I make Spellcrafts!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 23, 2013, 03:02:43 am »

I had an interesting thought the other day after looking up vampire's lives in Legend mode:  Vampires and were-creatures not made by being cursed were most likely to end up with vampirism after being bitten then escaping.  So here's the thought:  What if it's the action of being bitten and not the consumption of blood that's the more common manner of passing along that "curse"?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dinnerwandered Gazeteer
« Reply #637 on: March 23, 2013, 03:24:17 am »

Fort Sunkengem has grown a bit from 998 to 1101.  So, I updated the isomaps to show this.  It should be easy enough to update the Dinnerwandered/Sunkengem isomaps whenever they change, to show the city growing and changing as time passes.
As before, 20% sized map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Full sized map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm still working on the merchant and sewer/dungeon maps, as well as getting all the offerings catalogued but once that's done, new explorations and submissions should be easier to add in.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 23, 2013, 05:16:04 am »

Sorry about the delay but I haven't had much time to play this week. So far I have killed a few more vampires and begun my journey to the museum. I'll try to get the upload up by tonight if I can, though I'm afraid that it will be without updates.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 23, 2013, 05:42:22 am »

No problem, you can post the updates later.

I'm working on artwork for all the officially submitted museum pieces, I hope to upload that sometime this week.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 23, 2013, 01:57:02 pm »

I had an interesting thought the other day after looking up vampire's lives in Legend mode:  Vampires and were-creatures not made by being cursed were most likely to end up with vampirism after being bitten then escaping.  So here's the thought:  What if it's the action of being bitten and not the consumption of blood that's the more common manner of passing along that "curse"?

For vampires being bitten has no effect. Even visible in the raws taken from a save, the only method to transfer the curse is to drink their blood. I can confirm that that nutter I murdered did not bite me, and that I became a vampire after drinking his blood.

However, for werecreatures being bitten is the only method to transfer the curse. Which usually results in the death of the adventurer in question, because the damn things won't let go!
I make Spellcrafts!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 24, 2013, 12:59:46 am »

I do remember hunting down a were-scorpion in a game a couple months ago where the curse was transmitted via the tail stinger.  What was interesting is that it slew the shit out of all but the most hardy of my crew, then stung each of them bam bam bam.  It knocked them out of the fight - they ran off "in pain" and I was about to flee myself, when one of my companions turned into a were-scorpion himself and made short work of his maker before attacking me.  I didn't last long - that armored carapace thing was TOUGH, and my companion was a much better fighter than the original "bone carver were scorpion".  It hit me then - the curse was there to lure adventurers and fighters into range of the stinger, so that it could possess those with a greater chance of survival.  Were-creatures are a type of DF evolutionary process!  That had me floored for awhile, as the game finished cataloging my character's death.  I eventually went back there with about 20 soldier types and all but one were slaughtered by the trio of were-scorpions in that cave.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 29, 2013, 08:19:27 am »

I'm terribly sorry for the long delay, but I *finally* managed to upload the save:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmtk80ao38khni6

What I did, basically:
1.Killed a number of vampires.
2.Became a vampire myself.
3.Collected blood for others to become vampires.
4.Killed a few more vampires .
5.Journeyed to Dinnerwandered.

Sorry about the lack of narrative/boring turn, I simply did not have time this week.

I actually made it to museum in one piece (unlike my army of companions, who all died about 5 minutes into the journey, ripped apart by peregrine falcon women vombies whilst crossing evil lands).

My Submission: All the vampire blood we'll ever need.
(I REALLY hope it still works, it took me ages to lug it so far)

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:56:14 am by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 29, 2013, 10:12:43 am »

Vampire blood expiration date: 5th Sandstone 1101
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 29, 2013, 12:26:32 pm »

Oh look! A visitor!
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 162