Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 782636 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #675 on: April 04, 2013, 04:33:05 pm »

The demon began throwing fireballs everywhere, setting the world ablaze. As he was busy killing a zombie barn owl, I ran for my life. The black fiend killed the undead owl and began moving swiftly towards me.
An eerie mist suddenly enveloped me. Then and there, I felt myself die.

That has to be the most dramatic scene in the game so far, I had to try and draw that:

Also the part where the mummy kills a cat then wants to talk to you about rainbows is... disturbing. Was that nyan cat by any chance?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 04:45:52 pm by Bralbaard »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 04, 2013, 05:07:17 pm »

One of the mummies I raised was a thresher. Wonder if that's the same one, and if so what the hell is he doing on this side of the world?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 05, 2013, 01:42:23 am »

The mummy that killed me, and later, NAV, at the tomb of heroes also was a tresher named Keth. He seems to have gained a title now..

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 05, 2013, 11:55:51 am »

So can a husk retire? Also where did the battle against the demon occur? I can't read ascii so if someone could show where it happened on the world map I would love to go there and become a husk.

One of the mummies I raised was a thresher. Wonder if that's the same one, and if so what the hell is he doing on this side of the world?

I feel at this point we have started bugging adventure mode due to the massive filesize. This is amusing. Either way the narrative is great.

My turn which is coming next I will be much more descriptive than my second... I was short on time and was very busy so I just did it fast as I could.

The demon began throwing fireballs everywhere, setting the world ablaze. As he was busy killing a zombie barn owl, I ran for my life. The black fiend killed the undead owl and began moving swiftly towards me.
An eerie mist suddenly enveloped me. Then and there, I felt myself die.

That has to be the most dramatic scene in the game so far, I had to try and draw that:

*SNIP*

Also the part where the mummy kills a cat then wants to talk to you about rainbows is... disturbing. Was that nyan cat by any chance?

I posted your image to /r/dwarffortress I  credited you and linked to the museum. I hope you don't mind.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:18:15 pm by Kromgar »

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 05, 2013, 12:23:20 pm »

8th of Felsite 1101
I have found the cave entrance, a foreboding hollow rock atop the Field of Brews. Caverns, here I come!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-Date Unknown-
The 1st Cavern
The 2nd Cavern
The 3rd Cavern
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 05, 2013, 01:02:21 pm »

So can a husk retire?
It is quite possible to retire a live husk adventurer, if you use DFhack. "Adv-bodyswap force permanent" (dfusion works better for non-historicals) with a random creature then commit suicide. Assuming you left him in a lair, bandit camp, shrine or something, you'll be able to find him when you come to visit, and you can even pick him from the adventure-start screen.

Incidentally, this can be used to retire normal adventurers in weird places like ruined cities or necromancer towers.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:11:21 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 05, 2013, 01:26:40 pm »

8th of Felsite 1101
I have found the cave entrance, a foreboding hollow rock atop the Field of Brews. Caverns, here I come!
-Date Unknown-
The 1st Cavern
The 2nd Cavern
The 3rd Cavern

You sir are legendary

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 05, 2013, 02:27:34 pm »

Oh, Armok...  Now you've freed demons.  Once they finally get to the overworld, they'll have a chance to appear ANYWHERE.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 05, 2013, 02:33:09 pm »

This will be the greatest submission yet. Bravo.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 05, 2013, 03:57:15 pm »

Wow.  This is some kind of epic right here.  I've tried to make it to the third cavern layer many times, but only ever find passages down to the second.  This whole thread just highlights the fact that I am just awful at adventure mode. 

This adventurer is effectively a lich, and even the story of getting husked is crazy.  If it isn't a bug, then that thing must be a titan.  It has a name so that seems reasonable.  Someone needs to check the legends though. 
where is up?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 05, 2013, 04:03:54 pm »

I've found dark fortresses twice in adventurer mode. The first, I died to a horde of undead crundles after stepping a single tile inside. The second, I yoinked an adamantine scimitar and descended into Hell, where a scorpion demon stung me in the head and killed me instantly. On the bright side, I got to witness one of the most amusing things I've seen in Dwarf Fortress: a demon dodging its own deadly dust and falling into an eerie pit.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 06, 2013, 03:30:52 am »

I'm glad you all like the story so far.
My next target: Tongsrace
Oh, Armok...  Now you've freed demons.  Once they finally get to the overworld, they'll have a chance to appear ANYWHERE.
Really? I've never heard of that before...isn't it supposed to happen in the next release?
Nevertheless, if this is true, it fills me with happiness. :)

Also, I checked and it appears that for some reason I can still retire normally in Dinnerwandered. I guess that I am not considered an actual enemy to the civilisation yet (I have killed no civilisation member so far).

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 06, 2013, 10:29:59 am »

I'm glad you all like the story so far.
My next target: Tongsrace
Really? I've never heard of that before...isn't it supposed to happen in the next release?
Nevertheless, if this is true, it fills me with happiness. :)

Also, I checked and it appears that for some reason I can still retire normally in Dinnerwandered. I guess that I am not considered an actual enemy to the civilisation yet (I have killed no civilisation member so far).

I tried making tongsrace into a lair to hide adamantine armor and weapons for people to find.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 06, 2013, 03:12:22 pm »

Part 8:Tongsrace:A Tale of Beasts, Adamantine and a Dead Man
Part 9:The Burial
Epilogue
Final Words

I'll start building a fortress now, if I have the time. I'll try to upload the save next Monday.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 03:16:40 pm by Pie Maker »

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 06, 2013, 03:39:05 pm »

Think you can squeeze another person on the lift? Never done a succession anything, and this has been a grewat read.
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 162