Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 777154 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #765 on: April 17, 2013, 06:55:29 am »

He got it down to 91mb. Good enough for DFFD.

I'm currently creating and retiring adventurers in a world I genned last night to see if I run into the same bug again. Report on that when I actually have that many retired adventurers.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 17, 2013, 07:31:21 am »

I just bodyswapped to Kaslun... Thel Kakthkrilnithpa, Illudap Konli wants me dead at the home

Alright so I restarted it because a loyalty cascade occured and everyone inside killed me... this time i just used dfreveal and bodyswapped to prevent the cascade. I would list this under a bug so I think its fine if not I'll just turn in a save where kaslun died or something
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:43:00 am by Kromgar »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 17, 2013, 02:58:43 pm »

I just bodyswapped to Kaslun... Thel Kakthkrilnithpa, Illudap Konli wants me dead at the home

Alright so I restarted it because a loyalty cascade occured and everyone inside killed me... this time i just used dfreveal and bodyswapped to prevent the cascade. I would list this under a bug so I think its fine if not I'll just turn in a save where kaslun died or something

You can try again, if that fails you can start a new adventurer, as this is a bit of an unfair start.

Also, I'm not sure if its a loyalty cascade, its rather that all the mortals want to kill the necromancers. I would expect that would be a permanent problem even if you survive, you might have become an enemy of Omon Woge. As for surviving in the house, minimizing the time between arrival and bodyswapping into Kaslun would be very important. Dropping out of travel mode here will start you almost on top of the house possibly with a direct line of sight to Kaslun:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
After that you probably want to raise as many zombies as you can, and run. There's no reason to stay and pick a fight, there's are a lot of very dangerous armed to the teeth and angry adventurers in there. run!
Also since Thel is already aggressive to you you may want to reveal him as a vampire, that would mean he'd have a lot of other things to worry about besides fighting you.

Here's a list of adventurers in the house; hope I didn't miss anyone:
Stasbo humorbury the Tepid Blazes (Sappho) -mortal, swordsman
Nil Swifttoast the Colorless Complexity (Pie Maker) -Eerie mist thrall, necromancer
Thel Indigozephyrs the greatest wad of oil (Atomic Chicken) vampire, vampire hunter.
Kaslun Wadsomber the Whirling Anguish Kromgar, necromancer, nasty puss syndrome.
Adil Wireskin the suffering of Burning a companion of MrWillsauce. mortal
'explorer' (Logic?) couldn't talk to him, name unknown, wears dragon nail jewelry, and a copper whip. Probably logic legendfinder.
Other notable characters:
Quemer Dwellscribes; a fifty-eight year old child.
Ewas jawnedpasses; a fifty-six year old child.
a goblin pikeman
a dwarven axeman
8 human soldiers, different weapon skills (likely companions of our adventurers)
5-10 innocent civilians

Everybody can place their bets now.
Of course we all demand an entertaining report of the battle. It would also be good to know which characters have survived the slaughter.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:09:10 pm by Bralbaard »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 17, 2013, 03:43:29 pm »

The bug report has been posted:

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6310

Please feel free to post further information to the bug report. I think it would be very useful if we had a link to the 2012 succession world save that has the same problem, I however can't find it.

Downloading turn 30 and making and retiring another adventurer (without interacting with any of the other adventurers) results in the bug recurring again.

Didn't notice this earlier, but that didn't work for me in an earlier attempt:

I don't think we can scroll to the existing adventurers. Also, its not strictly caused by the number of adventurers on the list. I took one of the last working saves and started and retired five or six adventurers in that save, it did not trigger the bug.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:51:11 pm by Bralbaard »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 17, 2013, 04:28:29 pm »

Check the modification dates on the raws. Maybe something was changed.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 17, 2013, 04:32:37 pm »

Now that you mention it, we replaced the raws at some point with a version from an earlier save because we had another crash bug, but that definitely was long before all these problems started. I also tried replacing the raws to fix the current bug, but that didn't work.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 17, 2013, 05:30:17 pm »

Yo Kromgar, here's something else you could try. Reveal the building, talk to Kaslun (this is important), then use Dfusion's "Make Creature Follow" on him. Once he's technically your companion, fast travel out of there before anything nasty happens.

Then, with Kaslun and friends out of harm's way, you can swap into him unfettered :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 05:32:59 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 18, 2013, 10:37:50 am »

I'm going to start tomorrow on my round.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 18, 2013, 01:58:55 pm »

Yo Kromgar, here's something else you could try. Reveal the building, talk to Kaslun (this is important), then use Dfusion's "Make Creature Follow" on him. Once he's technically your companion, fast travel out of there before anything nasty happens.

Then, with Kaslun and friends out of harm's way, you can swap into him unfettered :)

That would feel a lot like cheating though. From what I've seen when I visited the adventurer hideout is that Kaslun will survive the fight easily even when under computer control (he tends to run away early in the fight). The mortal adventurers in the house are likely to die, but none of those are on the turn list now, so the collateral damage wouldn't be too bad, and it should make a good story.

I likely won't be reading the forums next week, I look forward to catching up with the stories when I get back. Feel free to PM the next in line if needed.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 18, 2013, 02:24:09 pm »

I just realized, with Spish method everybody could be saved, even the mortals, that turns this in an ethical question (In DF that usually doesn't end well)

So what do people think, given that most of the characters in that house are not on the turn list anymore, should everybody be saved, or do we let the battle run its course?

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 18, 2013, 02:34:35 pm »

That would feel a lot like cheating though. From what I've seen when I visited the adventurer hideout is that Kaslun will survive the fight easily even when under computer control (he tends to run away early in the fight). The mortal adventurers in the house are likely to die, but none of those are on the turn list now, so the collateral damage wouldn't be too bad, and it should make a good story.

I likely won't be reading the forums next week, I look forward to catching up with the stories when I get back. Feel free to PM the next in line if needed.

Note: Kaslun has no shield or axe because its in the museum

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 18, 2013, 02:43:53 pm »

That's probably why he gets hurt and runs away screaming. Although you can't rely on their running away to guarantee survival.

I'd vote, though, to have the adventurers separated. The game putting so many highly-skilled and/or invincible people who hate each other in the same room doesn't add up to a good time for all of us.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 18, 2013, 04:43:54 pm »

I still say there can only be one.

Plus it'll be great to just watch what happens.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 18, 2013, 07:46:19 pm »

Only if the battle is well-documented by the player who witnesses it.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 19, 2013, 02:05:30 am »

Hmmm... Using the battle report, I bet we could make an entertaining claymation movie of the Final Fight using Sculpey or something like that.  Post it on Youtube and link it here... That would be pretty cool.

Edit: or Legos...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:17:55 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 162