Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 780630 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #780 on: April 19, 2013, 09:05:58 am »

The bug report has been posted:

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6310

Please feel free to post further information to the bug report. I think it would be very useful if we had a link to the 2012 succession world save that has the same problem, I however can't find it.

Downloading turn 30 and making and retiring another adventurer (without interacting with any of the other adventurers) results in the bug recurring again.

Didn't notice this earlier, but that didn't work for me in an earlier attempt:

I don't think we can scroll to the existing adventurers. Also, its not strictly caused by the number of adventurers on the list. I took one of the last working saves and started and retired five or six adventurers in that save, it did not trigger the bug.

As for the bug, I can reliably reproduce it in my game by breaking the 30k active historic figure mark. It's possible to start a new adventurer, but you should kill yourself because once you retire, no more choosing that guy back.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 19, 2013, 12:05:57 pm »

Diary of Kaslun Dapsanig the Whirling Anguish

Date: Time no longer matters to one such as I
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Date: Time is meaningless

Next time on the Adventures of Kaslun Dapsanig

Besieged: Mortal Heroes attack Kaslun and Company (So how would I get the battle report to give to you guys?)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:09:06 pm by Kromgar »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 19, 2013, 12:56:10 pm »

Diary of Kaslun Dapsanig the Whirling Anguish

Date: Time no longer matters to one such as I

Date: Time is meaningless

Next time on the Adventures of Kaslun Dapsanig

Besieged: Mortal Heroes attack Kaslun and Company (So how would I get the battle report to give to you guys?)

gamelog.txt. Root folder of DF

And yes, I'm not a member of this adv succession. :P
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 19, 2013, 02:40:28 pm »

The Day of the attack

The gamelog.txt to be downloaded. I honestly have no clue how the explorer who was Logic died. I'm pretty sure I cleaved someone in two as  well. Too lazy to check.

http://imgur.com/a/SCnVO

Images of after what happened

I am now an enemy of Dinnerwandered
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:45:10 pm by Kromgar »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 19, 2013, 04:00:13 pm »

I'm furious right now. I got Kaslun to bralbaards first fort and a monitor lizard attacked his left hand making it useless. I went down south to get a husk so I could pick shit up. I was incapable of doing so. So I went to retire and realized I wouldn't know where to find kaslun. Oh and his arm got cut off because he cant use his arms. Arn't husks supposed to be undead therefore nerve damage doesnt apply? Maybe I had to retire to make it affect him? Well now I dont know where to find him. God damn it. Can I just start a new character or should my turn be considered over since Kaslun is incapable of picking anything up?

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 19, 2013, 04:04:20 pm »

Go around and bite everyone to death.

Seriously, I escaped a Giant Desert Scorpion, only to be ganked in my sleep by two measely goblins. You can suck it up.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 19, 2013, 04:12:18 pm »

Go around and bite everyone to death.

Seriously, I escaped a Giant Desert Scorpion, only to be ganked in my sleep by two measely goblins. You can suck it up.

I can't  take anything to the museum.

Trungdle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 19, 2013, 04:30:52 pm »

kill more enemies. suicide in the museum. there lie the corpse of Kaslun the handicapped husk. This story is about a brave warrior who cannot pick anything up. Swore to contribute to the museum, he wander the wild in the hope of taking treasures from far away lands. Unfortunately, his hand was cut off by enemies after he have become a legend. Brave enough to keep his word, he then killed himself in order to become one of the objects.
R.I.P Kaslun.
P/S: also, you could try to find some were-beasts and get bitten. Your hand will grow back in the full moon. Profit. Nothing is impossible in this game.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 04:35:45 pm by Trungdle »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 19, 2013, 04:41:43 pm »

kill more enemies. suicide in the museum. there lie the corpse of Kaslun the handicapped husk. This story is about a brave warrior who cannot pick anything up. Swore to contribute to the museum, he wander the wild in the hope of taking treasures from far away lands. Unfortunately, his hand was cut off by enemies after he have become a legend. Brave enough to keep his word, he then killed himself in order to become one of the objects.
R.I.P Kaslun.
P/S: also, you could try to find some were-beasts and get bitten. Your hand will grow back in the full moon. Profit. Nothing is impossible in this game.

If you are a necromancer you cant become a werebeast

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 19, 2013, 05:02:54 pm »

R.I.P Kaslun.

If you are a necromancer you cant become a werebeast
If I remember correctly, you can be a werebeast-necromancer and a vampire-necromacer; you can't be both a vampire and a werebeast. However I'm not sure whether this applies when husked.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 05:05:43 pm by Pie Maker »
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 19, 2013, 05:11:18 pm »

Mainly because you can't be a werebeast and undead at the same time; which is precisely why you can't raise werebeast corpses, haha.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 20, 2013, 01:25:39 pm »

You could go find a big scary monster, bite a piece of it off, and bring that to the museum.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 20, 2013, 02:08:08 pm »

I'm also fairly certain you could go into the raws and temporarily add the [GRASP] token to whatever Kaslun is (dwarf, I think, maybe, not sure, too lazy to check), and that would let you pick up a backpack and put it on. I don't know if you need to be able to grasp in order to store stuff in your backpack, but at the very least, you could go on your adventure, then drag your treasure back in your mouth, then once you're done, remove the relevant token from the raws before uploading the save.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 20, 2013, 02:08:45 pm »

It'd have to be added to a body part, not the dwarf itself.

Trungdle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 20, 2013, 03:18:58 pm »

add it to his secret body part that is hidden all the time. then use it to grasp stuff. just because.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 162