Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 777127 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #855 on: May 16, 2013, 04:59:00 am »

Gobs that kill an adventurer become quest objects.  Maybe you could do an end run around the hidden events in legends mode by finding out the name of those gobs, checking up on them in the non-alternate history and trace them back to their origins, so as to have a general location for them in the alternate timeline?  Sort of a time traveler leaving their future self in the past a note about who will be doing the Really Bad Thing That Must Not Be Allowed To Happen
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 16, 2013, 03:38:06 pm »

The trick is actually getting the correct goblin. And there's no way to influence what kind of quest you get, so I might just have to accept quests until I get the right goblin. Which would suck.

Also, the identity of these goblins is going to be hidden, because the event hasn't been revealed in legends mode. I went in and looked. No data on who killed Smige. She was listed as an enemy of two goblin civs, but one had zero data and one had very minimal data, and neither gave me any leads. The few unnamed historical goblins were not listed as members of either civ.

I figure I'll go handle the other two parts of my quest, and maybe let somebody else give me ideas and/or do legwork/haxxoring while my adventurer becomes badass enough to avenge Smige, as well as actually finding out who the hell did the Really Bad Thing That Must Not Be Allowed To Happen.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 17, 2013, 08:45:23 pm »

We'll just have to find a goblin who boasts of killing Smidge then retroactively seduce his grandmother...  Yeah, that should do it...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 18, 2013, 08:55:30 am »

Ok come on people; it doesn't take more than a couple hours to play through a session of adventure mode, probably even less than that if you died like a chump.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 18, 2013, 10:16:11 am »

Notquitethere send me a PM within an hour after he was notified of his turn, so he is working on something.
While playing through a session of adventure mode can be short depending on your success, doing a proper write-up can take a while.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 18, 2013, 03:19:29 pm »

That's why you do the write-up after you upload the save :P
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 18, 2013, 03:26:44 pm »

I've got a save to upload but at 130mb it's too big for everything. Any suggestions?

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 18, 2013, 03:37:01 pm »

I've got a save to upload but at 130mb it's too big for everything. Any suggestions?
Use mediafire, I doubt it's too big for that.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 20, 2013, 04:14:07 am »

The dwarf fortress file depot also accepts files up to 150 mb now. The file depot is however very slow for big files like this. Go for mediafire if possible.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 20, 2013, 06:49:21 am »

My name is Galka the bee. I don't know why they called me that, perhaps I was stripier as a child. This is my story of how I came to travel to the dreaded mountain halls of Deathtraps.

I had heard of the dwarven halls and the name intrigued me. On the 18th of Slate, 1103, I set out from the middles stretches of the Systemic Desert, and my first destination was a local fortress, Fissureclasped in the Steppe of Distracting. I was wary while I treaded the steppes, focusing on my true goal all the while.

At the fortress I was nearly undone, there were such riches unguarded, amethysts, masterful clothes, and the like, that I nearly gave up then and returned to my village wealthy beyond my days. But I remained focused, I took only what equipment I thought might aid my quest. In my searchings I saw a wretched gobliness, hunched at the top of the tower.

I had come to the fortress primarily to seek military assistance, like so many travellers before me, but the fortress was empty of all but this abandoned prisoner.

I asked her to join me and she accepted. She was not imprisoned by chains or guard, but by the night itself and together we could safely cross the land.

We set out and I slept a night in the wilderness and when I awoke she was gone. If you ever meet Em Gozruetkuk tell her I bode her no ill will.

Still, I was in need of assistance for the way to the fortress was still further than a half day away.

So I travelled north to a cinnabar fortress, thin and squat like a blunt loaf of bread, it's red walls bleeding out from the wounded land.

There I found better armour and another prisoner, one Snamoz Singlehorrors. He claimed to be spinner and if he'd only done one horrible thing then Snamoz was a better person than most I'd met. He agreed to join me and that was good enough for me.

I was afraid of Snamoz running off in the night so together we sort succour for the night in a local cave. There we ran into the outlaw bowman.

And that's how we died, struck down by arrows before we even knew what was happening, my way lost in the Systemic Desert when it was the Steppes I had been wary of. Distrustful of my companion when it was the dark places I should have feared. Left unprotected by the armour I had scavenged so gleefully.

I am lost but perhaps you won't be. Perhaps you will find Deathtraps and live to tell of it.

Save

Please sign me up for a hopefully more successful second turn.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 20, 2013, 08:29:06 am »

I love the fact that more people are dying trying to get to Deathtraps than the amount of people the traps are actually going to kill. (possibly 0)
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #866 on: May 20, 2013, 08:32:26 am »

That makes it Eric Blank's turn. Which brings us back to the bug that makes unretiring characters very difficult.
Our vampire overlord is squatting a house together with MrWillsauce, DFhack will be needed to extract him:

I've managed to track down most if not all of our retired characters. I've indicated their positions on Timeless Bobs map of dinerwandered:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still that's not nearly as bad as the situation that all other surviving characters are in. It will still be an interesting start for this adventure.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:47:18 am by Bralbaard »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 20, 2013, 06:23:33 pm »

I've begun. It appears my current computer can handle adventure mode on this world although it's slow and I'm always paranoid about maxing out the ram. I'll post again if I hit a snag or if I have something written-up.

[edit]

Mrwillsauce's adventurer was Feb the stonecrafter, right?

[edit#2]

Here it is!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wordy words!
I feel kinda ill, though. Nap time...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:24:32 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

genericboy

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Nobody notices the ones who are generic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 22, 2013, 04:48:47 pm »

I'd like a turn!
Generic is unavailable, leave a message at the beep.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 22, 2013, 10:48:53 pm »

Incoming!

Still not quite up to date, but I didn't feel like writing any more for the moment.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 162