Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 780845 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #870 on: May 23, 2013, 12:06:27 am »

People have come in to this thread and said: "nobody will ever visit the remote parts of this world, it is simply too large" and "why did people build plankstirred, surely nobody will ever be able to visit that location"
I'm glad they have been proven wrong, even if Plankstirred might not have been the most interesting place.
Also it is a shame that Deathtraps seems to be a one visit only place. A lot of work must have gone into those traps. Will the cast obsidian be saved once the site is ofloaded, or will it be cleared?

I've added Genericboy to the list.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 23, 2013, 02:16:00 am »

That's a good question. I can always go back and check after this adventure.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 23, 2013, 02:31:03 am »

Now that would be an interesting bug to exploit in further dungeon engineered exploits: the magically resetting dungeons of almost certain doom...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 23, 2013, 04:57:30 am »

Well, here's part three of my adventures...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I honestly don't recall that guy yelling PREPARE TO DIE or anything, but sure enough he's in my kill list.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 23, 2013, 06:53:55 am »

This new patch is going to change so much.  It will be great to start fresh. (No way saves will be compatible) The continuing history the changes to vision and stealth and how active cities are is going to change so much... Oh and dwarf fortress, elven retreats, and goblin cities/towers. A new museum will be so much more fun. Also trading for steel will finally be possible

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 23, 2013, 08:45:34 am »

So Deathtraps was a complete failure? Well, I can't say I wasn't expecting that; the original deisgn was far more challenging but I ran out of time so I had to cut most of the real traps. Also, the cast obsidian passage seals didn't work well? I guess I should have tested them properly. However, I'm happy to see that the well-trap (sort of) worked! Also Bralbaard, yes, the dungeon can only be done once, as I had no time (or will) to make the place re-settable.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 23, 2013, 04:42:56 pm »

In recent news, I found out that Dostngosp's daughter is actually a member of her gang; a pikemaster that hangs out in the room with her.

In even more recent news, Part four is here!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am Bora Ragedance the Allied Flesh of Nourishment!

Prepare to die!

I think I will spend the rest of my turn wandering the caverns in search of another of the fabled mysterious structures, then head west to retire. I don't think this computer can handle a fortress of any size...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 05:09:51 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 24, 2013, 02:45:30 pm »

....The somewhat aggravated vampire travelled north along the coast, through the undead-filled Hills of Barbarity and into the mind-numbingly “good” and “pure” Jungles of Consideration. There, he hunted the local beasts, and came upon a rare and beautiful sight: unicorns! He promptly butchered several of them, spilling their guts and lopping off their horns, ripping their hearts out and hacking off heads. He reanimated one of the heads and took it with him. The next day he travelled back Eastwards, and stumbled upon the Elven retreat of Umberlace. Hiding his more despicable possessions and the undead unicorn head, he spoke to the elves....

Human, did you happen to see our pet unicorn nearby?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 24, 2013, 03:43:02 pm »

I love it! :P

Anybody remember if any of the fortresses already existing have access to the third caverns? I think deathtraps did, but I didn't feel like running all the way back down there...

Meh, I went to deathtraps anyway. Got my sword too!

Spoiler: Part Five (click to show/hide)

So that's it. Bora survived and thrived. Braalbard, how much time do I have left to try for a quick fortress?

Also, we have a problem: according to legends mode, there's only one megabeast left in the entire world! I suppose the rest would possibly be hidden by the fact we've never heard of them and so they don't show up in legends, but this still surprised me.

Another useless fact: Bora can swim faster than he can run! By 300 speed points!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:58:24 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 25, 2013, 01:58:19 am »

You have until a week after the start of your turn.

Also, for as far as I know the world is still in the age of legends, there should be many beasts left. The world status is only updated when the year changes, so we'll know after you build your fortress.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 25, 2013, 06:26:50 am »

So another sword has been retrieved from the depths. Bravo! Great turn, loved the narrative.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 25, 2013, 09:02:06 pm »

Alright, here's the save:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pon683taxoi7w60/Museum_Turn_36_-_post-Bora.zip

I was unable to run a fort successfully because this computer has too little RAM to run fortress mode alongside anything else.
I make Spellcrafts!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 26, 2013, 07:12:01 am »

I've send the flame52 a pm.

Eric, which of those items can I write down as your official submission?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 26, 2013, 10:39:34 am »

Uh... The andesite toy boat from Plankstirred. :P
I make Spellcrafts!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 26, 2013, 02:41:48 pm »

:D added to the list.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 162