Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 782946 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1515 on: February 04, 2014, 01:31:10 pm »

-snip-

...yes.

That's real good. Let me see if I can make a much more streamlined version of this.

EDIT:

That worked.

Looks impressive, but how do I use it? :) seems like it has some dependances. I added script.lua  and dialogs.lua from  dfhack/library/lua/gui on github to my script/gui folder, it prints a lot of errors anyway.

Now i see.. it requires dfhack r4, script.lua and dialogs.lua, and it works! I hope community games will become more informative :)

Do you have any other information about how to get it to work, such as where to put it and what file type to use? I'm sorry but I'm not really skilled with dfhack's more complex functions.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: February 05, 2014, 12:09:57 am »

Do you have any other information about how to get it to work, such as where to put it and what file type to use? I'm sorry but I'm not really skilled with dfhack's more complex functions.

Here you go http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8398. I uploaded it in utilities section.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:58:43 am by Raidau »
Marital status manipulator
Custom item descriprions
Natural Balance Mod (2013-2015) development suspended...

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: February 05, 2014, 01:02:35 am »

Thanks putnam!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: February 05, 2014, 01:14:17 am »

...The only thing it actually requires to work with r3 is a single added closing parenthesis in script.lua, actually. See here.

koter

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Write Post: taken by mood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: February 05, 2014, 01:25:51 am »

It was dawn. Urdim squinted as he watched the sun rise.

Breakfast was alligator meat. He surveyed his map. According to the rumors, the next lair was in a few hours of travel to the south. Maybe more, since he could not stand straight anymore. The foot would not heal and was badly infected. He tried to sleep it off and rested for several days, but it didn't help. He did not know of a doctor who would help him; if it still would not heal, he would have another reason to find a mountainhome. They usually had hospitals and if he found a doctor, they should be able to help.

He crawled on. Even not being able to stand, he was now an accomplished fighter, so he was pretty confident. He would destroy the second creature of night in the next lair and then proceed to Roofbowel. It was his responsibility as a protector of his kinsmen, after all.

A river. He crawled nearer and put his foot in the water, letting the flowing water clean it and cool it down. He still could not feel a thing with it.

He crossed the river cautiously, wary of any dangers that might lurk in the water.

Several hours later, he was getting closer to the lair when he saw a figure in the distance. It was heading his way.
I am Stral Noseslushed, - it announced in a dry, low voice. Then with giant leaps it started to close the distance between them.

Urdim's heart filled with fear. A mummy! Almost forgetting about his foot, he tried to back away, but there was no chance of escaping in his condition. He took the first thing there was in his backpack: a copper battleaxe he picked up at some point of his journey. Swinging his arm, he hurled it at the bandaged enemy, but missed.

The mummy jumped at him, but he blocked the attack with his shield. The blows came raining. They were incredibly fast, but his reflexes kept up. He blocked several slashes of the mummy's slicing knife and struck with the pick, but the mummy easily dodged the attack. Then the same thing happened. And again. The mummy attacked in a flurry of strikes, he blocked and counterattacked, but the mummy would dodge or parry. He struck with his right leg and managed a leg lock on the mummy's head. As he was preparing to throw it down, the mummy slashed at his right foot and cut it off. Urdim screamed and struck with the pick, missing the mummy. The mummy kept striking, he blocked, but the things were getting worse. He was bleeding. He missed every time.

The mummy reached his leg and tore it apart.

He blocked and blocked and blocked, but his hits never landed.

The mummy stabbed his leg and twisted its knife in the wound. Urdim's eyes widened with pain and terror. It slashed his left leg and it sailed off in an arc. Then the mummy struck his wielding arm with a free hand. Urdim felt his hands lose strength and he dropped the pick.

He finally gave in.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:15:59 am by koter »

koter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: February 05, 2014, 01:36:28 am »

It was a surprise to get steel and then a pick. I trained Urdim for quite a while, and dug quite a lot. The adv-fort thing is great.
For some reason Stral was roaming around the next lair, but it turned out that the lair itself also contained a mummy. Urdim did not stand a chance.
Funny thing: I kept pressing '.' when Urdim bled to death, and saw that the mummy reanimated him (while getting the flashing 'You are deceased' message). I kept pushing the arrow buttons and got a 'You strike at the mummy' message. It then punched Urdim back and he collapsed. For some reason I retained some control of a deceased dwarf.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: February 05, 2014, 03:00:45 am »

Ooo - wouldn't it be interesting if you could continue adventuring as an undead zombie because of this?  I mean, sure you'd still have the "you are deceased" message flashing there, but you could maybe find a nice lair and retire there, to wait for another adventurer to happen by.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

koter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: February 05, 2014, 03:13:36 am »

Ooo - wouldn't it be interesting if you could continue adventuring as an undead zombie because of this?  I mean, sure you'd still have the "you are deceased" message flashing there, but you could maybe find a nice lair and retire there, to wait for another adventurer to happen by.
Yeah, that's what I thought, but the mummy was still hostile for some reason and never let Urdim get away, striking him down and raising him continually. I also could not reproduce the effect after I reloaded the save.
Oh well, I did not want to play as another abomination anyway.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:14:16 am by koter »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: February 05, 2014, 05:04:28 am »

Good story Koter.

Sadly you are yet another victim of the great undead incursion of 1092.

I think Eric Blank has killed more adventurers than me through his mummy-releasing shenanigans.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: February 05, 2014, 06:14:04 am »

Awesomeness

Oh. Oh, great God. This is awesome. Now i can finally build a dungeon with complex puzzles and give clues. Just to mention one of the many, many glorious uses this has. Thank you. Now i just need to wait for the next version for fortress retirement.

(I guess this can be used in any kind of object, including books, but what about engravings? any way we can edit these?)
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: February 05, 2014, 06:36:49 am »

Other items have more complex data associated with them, you can easily change name of statue or book, but their description and art are encoded, they are not just text fields. That needs very advanced modding...
Marital status manipulator
Custom item descriprions
Natural Balance Mod (2013-2015) development suspended...

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: February 05, 2014, 04:52:43 pm »

Ok, no response from Proto105.
That makes it Eric Blanks turn.

Also there's a new save game.
(I've made some changes to Koter's save that are hardly word mentioning, I've been playing a bit with Raidau's method for creating slabs):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0m59k1mrfurag9h/The+Museum+-+Turn+57b.rar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 05, 2014, 08:48:43 pm »

I'm looking forward to seeing how Eric avenges Mr Ragedance!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: February 05, 2014, 09:40:29 pm »

I have begun my adventures. No big plan yet. I probably wont post the story as I go, but rather after turning in the save, so I might be quiet this week.

The advslab script works fine after I figured out what file needed the adjustment. Thanks for the help, guys!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: February 05, 2014, 10:03:09 pm »

PTW for awesomeness.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 162