Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 777185 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1725 on: March 28, 2014, 03:18:46 am »

I'll add you to the list.

Strangemood has already responded by PM, he has downloaded the save game.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: March 28, 2014, 06:21:42 am »

Oh yeah, could you add me to the list again Bralbaard?
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: March 29, 2014, 07:02:54 am »

From looking at the save you had quite a successful turn Atomic Chicken!

I won't post details on the adventurer list until you've posted your tale though.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: March 29, 2014, 09:27:59 am »

The year is 1177.

Feralgrape. A quiet hamlet sheltered deep within the Hills of Executing. Not the most pleasant-sounding place for Thone Glenlarks. An elven assassin, he had been exiled from the Continent of Amethysts for what the Council deemed to be heinous crimes. Amongst the Tall Folk, however, he is free; his services welcomed by many. His execution has yet to be demanded.

Thone walks along the streets of Feralgrape, passing by several ruins before stopping at a small but intact building. A red cross is painted crudely over the door. This was it.

Kicking open the door, Thone is greeted immediately by a goblin lying sprawled across the floor, dead. The corpse is still fresh, the clothes showing only minor signs of wear. Cold fingers are wrapped tightly around the hilt of an iron dagger. Was this a petty thief, perhaps, caught in the act? Thone’s eyes sweep swiftly across the room, passing over the blood-splattered walls and narrowing as they reach the corner. No, the goblin was no thief. For there, hidden within the shadows, stands a man, tall and grim, adorned with grotesque jewelry carved from bones.

The target.

Pulling the goblin's dagger from the head of the murdered, Thone turns and walks back into the night.

Edit: Continues here.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 03:29:37 pm by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: March 29, 2014, 12:18:07 pm »

Sweet! A dagger wielding Elven assassin! I am guessing he is taking up Thel Indigozephyrs' mantle as Vampire Hunter!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: March 29, 2014, 12:54:45 pm »

Nice writing! Good idea, too. Wonder how his tree hugging nature will mix with his murdering ways :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: March 31, 2014, 01:46:01 pm »

Oh yeah, could you add me to the list again Bralbaard?

I've updated the list.

StrangeMood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 01, 2014, 02:15:37 pm »

Just read up on this. So much awesome stories! :) I'll start my adventure tomorrow, hopefully it will be awesome as well.

Something else: would this be possible with our world? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=70700.0

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 01, 2014, 02:40:45 pm »

Just read up on this. So much awesome stories! :) I'll start my adventure tomorrow, hopefully it will be awesome as well.

Something else: would this be possible with our world? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=70700.0

Not only possible, but something I do already.  Didn't you look at the isoworld maps of Dinnerwandered I've contributed?  To get the entire world, however, we'd have to make an atlas of linked images because otherwise the image would be WAY too big.  As an example, here is a map I put together of a 17 x 17 "Pocket Island" world.
Warning, it's REALLY BIG
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, that's 17 x 17 map squares in Isoworld.  Now look at the world we're using and ask yourself, how big would THAT map be?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

StrangeMood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 01, 2014, 03:33:03 pm »

Didn't you look at the isoworld maps of Dinnerwandered I've contributed?  To get the entire world, however, we'd have to make an atlas of linked images because otherwise the image would be WAY too big.  (...)

Yes I saw that, I did not know getting the whole world would be such a large file. Too bad...

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 01, 2014, 03:38:41 pm »

What would be cool is if we could get a number of images and tile them together like a mosaic.  Google maps does pretty much exactly this - it loads surrounding map tiles as you scroll, unloading the others that you're scrolling away from.  What would be pretty cool is if we could get these images into a vector format, so that we could "zoom out" to either see the entire map in a go or "zoom in" to see fine details.

It's not impossible, just not something anyone's done yet, that I'm aware of.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

StrangeMood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 02, 2014, 06:53:24 am »

= = = = The story of the curious crabspiker = = = =

"Papa! I want to go out and be an adventurer!"

The old man sighed, and wearily put down his mug of ale. "No you won't, have you not heard the tale of the curious spiker?"

The child, always in for a good story, nodded and sat down on the ground, nibbling on a roasted crab leg.

"Crabspikers" began the old man "who live in the Nations of Wiping, have a boring but stable life. Every day, they venture out from their humble homes to the Ashen Ocean. Running through the splashing waves, they search for unwary crabs to pin on their spikes. When the day is done, they bring their meats to market in town. One of these spikers was called Strangemood Wayroot. One day Strangemood decided simplicity was not for him, he wanted to become a hero."

"Awesome!" cheered the child, eager for a tale of heroism. "So what did he do?" "Well, he went off and started an adventure of course! After stocking up on crab meat, he traveled east; where rumors told of a great museum. After a short while he came upon a series of great rectangular tombs: silent and imposing. The doors were locked, but easily bashed in. Strangemood entered the tomb, unaware of the danger that resided there."

The old man took another sip of his drink, and shifted in his chair. The room seemed colder somehow, and eerily silent. "In the cold, windy tomb he saw four pillars, surrounding a slab covered in strange runes." "Awesome!" uttered the child, entranced in the story. "So, what did he do? Read the slab, become immortal and cleanse the world of evil?! That's what heroes do, right? I want to be a hero papa!"

With a slam the man's mug crashed into the wall, beer splashing on the floor, beer dripping from the window frame. "No!" the man yelled. "I am tired of all this heroism you want! I don't want my child to go off like all these others, never to return! Do you want to know what happened to Strangemood, well, do you?!" The child's enthusiasm had faded like snow before the sun as it cowered in a corned of the small room. Trying not to cry, it whispered: "well, what... what happened?"

"Strangemood entered the next room, a room filled with skeletons. He should have ran while he could, but he was too curious. After taking only two steps, an awful mummy stood in front of him. 'I am Ur Peekedhelped, prepare to die!', and so he did. Within seconds the room was filled with skeletons, lurching at Strangemood's throat. In less than a minute, Strangemood had joined their ranks. And that, my son, is why you do not get to go out and have an adventure."

The last moments

of Strangemood Ukaptegism
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:56:42 am by StrangeMood »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 02, 2014, 11:09:02 am »

Brief, brutal and very entertaining! Nice story Strangemood!

StrangeMood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 02, 2014, 11:46:32 am »

Brief, brutal and very entertaining! Nice story Strangemood!

It was much more brief than I intended ;) If there ever is an adventurer to avenge me, I would be much obliged!

I am unsure if I will have time to make a fort, but since I've got till at least Friday for my turn I'll hold off posting the save. Alternatively I will look into uncovering another poem, this time by poets from the Nations of Wiping.

StrangeMood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 04, 2014, 11:09:12 am »

Here is the save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cynf77pwsckr2oh/The%20Museum%20%2361.zip

Please set me up for another turn :)
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 162