Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 777041 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1785 on: April 26, 2014, 07:03:47 pm »

Actually, I only released all of the mummies in 3 tomb sites in one civilization at most. If I had released the entire mummy population of the world, you wouldn't be able to adventure at all.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: April 27, 2014, 02:06:11 am »

Sleeping in a tomb is a bit risky....

It is, but so is sleeping outside between the bogeymen..  I didn't explore the tomb, I just found a place to sleep close to the door.
The dingo fight was fun to draw.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: April 27, 2014, 08:27:00 pm »

I'm downloading the save now. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my turn done just before finals.

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: April 28, 2014, 07:50:57 am »

well here is some of what I could pick out of legends mode for Ketas.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: April 28, 2014, 11:59:53 am »

Good work Plancky!

It looks like Ketas slaughtered the berserk dwarfs at The First Anvil, that Dishmab encountered over 50 years ago...
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: April 28, 2014, 07:58:14 pm »

Not... The dwarves who say "nee"!  Surely not they?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: April 28, 2014, 10:02:35 pm »

Seems I missed Ketas' stop in The Prairie of Combinations. Seems mostly to consist of killing some of the wildlife there, five bogeymen, a grasshopper women, and a zombie giant axolotl. Well here is a map of the possible path of Ketas. Includes a stop at Dinnerwandered eventhough I found no evidece of it in legends mode.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: April 28, 2014, 10:17:54 pm »

Impressive work.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: April 29, 2014, 02:56:35 pm »

Indeed it is.

I may, eventually, be able to post Ketas' full story. It'll be a couple months at least however because I don't have a copy of my note files on my flash drive and my desktop is locked away in storage.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: May 03, 2014, 10:29:17 am »

I am playing my turn, and will have a story to tell soon, but illness and schoolwork are giving me a rough time at the moment.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 03, 2014, 08:17:40 pm »

did anyone ever go and see what's in Combinelock the Lock of Combinations, yet?
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 04, 2014, 04:44:46 am »

A key of such magnitude that it will open it has yet to be found.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 04, 2014, 03:06:45 pm »

Slibtu Licothrathdad, adventurer.

"I bet I can run to Dinnerwandered faster than you can!"

This was Ibu's challenge. I wish I hadn't taken it.

Almost the entire city is abandoned. Fruits lie rotting in the sun at the market square, decayed structures line every street, and what few residents remain shuffle about lifelessly. Their sunken eyes follow us as we pass.

"I think we should get out of here," she says, voice quivering. "Before something bad happens."

"We'll be fine." I subconsciously grip my axe tighter. "After all," a slightly twisted smile appears on my face, "that famous museum is supposed to be here, right? There's no sense in not seeing the sights!"

Having lived a short walk from this town all our lives, Ibu and I have heard every story there is to hear. About Nil Swifttoast, the legendary battle between him and Dishmab Northmanor. We've heard about the death of the entire staff by Freeman Uragathre. Even the maps stored there are almost legendary in their detail. It makes one wonder who keeps updating them...

We walk up the hill to the keep and start toward the entrance of the museum proper, but then we see something I hadn't expected. A barrel filled with blood, with a slab right in front of it.

"What does it say?" Ibu never did learn to read.

"It says it's the elixir of immortality, but it seems more like a warning than anything else. Let's keep going."

Walking into the museum, I am immediately struck by how dusty everything is. I walk over to a huge pile of books, but soon realize that almost all of them are records of incredibly mundane and self-referential things. One was a storage record about a storage record (about a book about a book about a tower) that was stored sometime hundreds of years ago.

Almost dizzied by the bland writing and realization that, no matter their power, necromancers have very little to do with their lives, I quickly turn my attention to the large map on the wall. Each fortress marked on the map has a number, with a key below it. All of the nearby fortresses have been looted already, but one wasn't. Combinelocks the Locks of Combinations still lies untouched. Well, so claims the map. It is just as dust-covered as the rest of the room.

"Ibu, gather your things. We're going on an adventure."

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 04, 2014, 04:02:53 pm »

SLIBTU MEANS CHAOS IN HUMAN

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: May 04, 2014, 04:42:22 pm »

INDEED IT DOES
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 162