Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 781376 times)

VarrgieCaelai

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1860 on: May 17, 2014, 02:35:48 am »

This looks like fun... Is it still possible to be added to the list?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: May 17, 2014, 03:43:14 am »

Turns are 2 to 3 months apart, but even if the new version comes out, I doubt this game will end until the entire world grinds to a halt from the entropic pressure of FPS death.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

VarrgieCaelai

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: May 17, 2014, 06:01:22 am »

Well, I can wait. :P Count me in!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: May 17, 2014, 09:04:55 am »

Well, add me to the turn list, I guess. I will probably have time at the point it comes 'round to me :P

Also, simple rule of thumb: If there ain't no clowns, it ain't no hell.

I just checked the turn list, and this wasn't added.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: May 17, 2014, 12:52:56 pm »

I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: May 17, 2014, 06:41:27 pm »

C'mon Kromgar, need to see the rest of your story!

How were you crippled?
How did you become a thrall?
How did you lose a finger?

And MANY MORE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: May 18, 2014, 11:25:13 am »

C'mon Kromgar, need to see the rest of your story!

How were you crippled?
How did you become a thrall?
How did you lose a finger?

And MANY MORE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS!

Sorry about that. I'm finishing it now.

Part 7: The curse did not spread

I spent much time sleeping and waiting and I gave up on becoming a werebeast so I went to dinnerwandered and read the tomes of the necromancers much like my father did before long ago. Now i journey the continent in search of something to bring to the Museum.

Part 8: The Ambush

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As i journeyed southwest I was met by an ambush. The fight was a flurry of undead arrows and weapons. At one point I was struck and I could no longer walk. So i began pulling myself to the goblin spearmen and choked him to death coup de gracing him. Then I crawled up the hillside raising the dead to defend me while I hid. After the battle was over I pulled myself all the way to the hills of murder where I grabbed a crutch from the dwarven settlement by the river. Then i began training using the crutch it felt like ages but eventually I felt my skills in crutch walking were legendary and move on. I spent days training on my new crutch and it paid off.

Part 9: Are you my Mummy?

I came upon a lair of beasts where inside I found... a mummy. I had him join me in my journey around the world. We eventually came upon a shrine to the dead king of Dinnerwandered where Gjoa Kingriddle resided... the Mummy slaughtered him and raised his corpse. I left soon after the gruesome matter. Sometime during the time after this event I lost track of the mummy and never saw him again. THe time after this point is a blur at one point I reached a dwarven mountainhome made in a island surrounded by extreme cliff sides. I had to cross a bridge to enter and investigated the fortress eventually I found a room full of golden jewelry and two golden crowns. I wore the jewelry and left the fortress. It was an odd place where the dwarves made tons of drawbridges to the main entrance. The room of gold had been somewhat hidden as well. After the fortress I beleive I headed west through the mountains coming upon a labyrinth where I murdered a Minotaur and went south in search of a Roc I had heard rumors of. I eventually found its nest and a dead goblin nearby when suddenly the beast swooped in.

It was a tough fight my disc sawed into atleast 50 or more times. It eventually fell to the earth dead. I took its corpse and its eggs and headed to Dinnerwandered. My crutch is bending.

Part 10:
As I went through the dark lands while heading to dinnerwandered a mist blew over the area and I felt different. I didn't know why I felt different but I did. My camel companion also looked different but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I eventually made my way to dinnerwandered and put the roc and its eggs on a table. I still have something else to look for. A monster who is known for his cruelty. I went west and entered a shop only for the shopkeeper to attack me... so I killed him and went in search of the adventurers guild as I had heard they were going to pay a bounty for the death of Dishmab. Suddenly they attacked me but instead of killing them I choked them and left wondering why they would attack me.

Then I got to the river and saw my face... my eyes were dead but I could still see. I was a husk just like Dishmab. Then I dropped my crutch and realized I could walk without it. Then Idove into the river using my newfound abilities to enter the sewers by river looking for prey to kill.

Their deaths were satisfying so very satisfying.

Part 11: Kill Dishmab

I heard rumors Dishmab had taken residence in a necromancers tower to the east of dinnerwandered. At the first I came to I found nothing at the second I found Dishmab at the top floor.

It appears he knows me somehow and I'm not sure how. But I gauged his strength and I realized I would not be able to match him in combat especially in hand to hand wrestling which I was highly trained for so I headed out of the tower knowing he resided there and looked for opponents to fight. I then found two of them to fight... No wait four. I had stumbled into the lair of two ettins. If you do not know Ettins have two heads... I engaged these monstrous beings in hand to hand combat attempting to break their legs. My wrestling skills were better but I was not large enough to actually do anythign to them but they were good training. After killing one ettin I suddenly realized  there were more than two ettins in this lair... There had been four! It explained why they kept seeming to be in perfect health after retreating. Either way I perfected my wrestling skills and in my final battle with the last ettin he grabbed me in a chokehold for what must have been hours... too bad he could not kill me... the fool. He cannot kill what is already dead. I am an immortal a being of pure power and strength.

While heading back to the tower I decided to train even more and found a bandit camp where I killed all of the goblins residing there but one. For endless hours I wrestled with him day turned to night many times he even became an elite wrestler but I was better. At one point I decided to punch him on top of a cliff when he dodged and fell flat on his ass. This struck me with a brilliant ingenious idea. You can't fight gravity and Dishmab is strong even with my training I may not be able to beat him... So i concocted a plan so ingenious that I would be remembered the world over.

Part 12: You "fell" for my clever ruse

I climbed the tower once more and spoke with Dishmab where I spoke of my great accomplishments and convinced him to join me and we could scour hell itself and fight off Demons for all eternity. As glorious heroes and god kings of hell. He accepted its not as if anyone would accept us in this world save necromancers.

I lead Dishmab to the abandoned fortress of Sunkengem where I would throw Dishmab into the magma... I mean there must be... Dwarves always have magma right?
I journeyed further and further and further into the depths of Sunkengem until we meet with reptilemen tribes surrounding a magma pipe leading into the bowels of the earth. After Dishmab slaughtered all the reptilemen I took him next to the volcano questioning him about magma as he must know he is a dwarf  all as a ruse to lower his guards then I struck. We traded blows as I stood my ground when suddenly he swung his axe and cut off my finger. Then we traded two more blows and I got him to dodge into the magma. A plop of magma mist rose as he plummeted into the depths of the Earth. At long last Dishmab is dead!

Part 13: A finger

I took my finger and left Sunkengem knowing that Dishmab has finally been eradicated. I went to the adventurers guild and left my lost finger cut cleanly by the Adamantine.

Part 14: Hey there sonny!

No words

Part 15: Tailwheels

I found a fortress abandoned and full of dead. The only thing I did there was find coffins lining the sea wall which I raised into an army.

Part 16: RULES OF NATURE

AND THEY RISE WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN WITH THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE

Headed back east to go and find the fabled combinelocks when I encountered an extremely large army of Night Men. All of my zombies perished and I alone fought off the Night Men hordes. A truly grisly battle. Emotions ran wild as I slaughtered the horde of bloated monsters

The rest of the trip to combinedlocks was uneventful.

Part 17: Combined locks the Locks of Combining

A large steel drawbridge blocks entrance into the fortress I am having a hard time finding a way inside.

I think i may have to give up

I have found a large temple overseeing the volcano nearby where it appears sacrifices were thrown into the mouth from the temple above.

*Random scribbles of arrows and letters* Up up down down left right left up a b

I have found my way into the fortress. It is magnificently built it is a masterwork fortress with a magnificent stairwell. At the end I found a room with multicolored statues leading to a door.

There is a room full of levers with grates and lava below and some sort of room above me... This does not bode well.

*Random scribbles that are unintelligible*

I have made it inside and the door has shut behind me I am trapped

*pages are ripped out of the journal*

I have obtained an arsenal of steel serrated discs and now I shall destroy all in my path!

I have decided to head for the fabled Ocean Castle in search of demons and weapons.

Part 18: GOD DAMN NIGHT MEN

I bisected a cyclops.

Wait... It looks like I have the mummy in this picture did I remember it wrong? Either way Night Men attack again how many of these things are there?

Part 19: The Ocean Castle

I encounter a dwarf draped in Adamantine. The disc cannot pierce it... Instead I cast  the magical power Fist and break his spine. I steal his masterwork artifacts. As i enter the fortress I find a box full of adamantine weapons in the trade depot at the entrance. I delve into the fortress looking for more adamantine and demons and I also rose all the dwarves entombed as my minions. Oh and in the box I found an adamantine axe I now wield as a weapon

Part 20: Welcome to hell

I went down the adamantine staircase and exited the doors at the bottom of the staircase.

I exited into hell and searched for demons I kept getting hit by fireballs and in the end slaughtered my Undead army in a fit of rage in the inability to find the demon.

Then i noticed it...

Since i was unable to attack I headed southward where I was attacked by Salt Brutes that head just a tail and a body along with Ash Fiends both the Salt Brutes and Ash brutes could fly I'm not sure about gray fiends. But I killed the ash and salt and came upon a group of 3 gray brutes who I slayed while being bathed in flame (I had to turn Temperature off so I wouldn't hit FPS death and the only thing it would have done was burn my clothes)

I took a salt brutes tail an ash demons head and body and a full gray fiends body and left the Ocean Castle.

Part 21: RULES OF NATURE 2 REVENGEANCE

Part 22: Adventures in Imagination Land

(I accidentally dropped my artifact axe when i dropped the other corpses when I was going to give a sacrifice to the volcano... The axe couldn't be picked up again so this got retconned as Combinelocks was in super fps death now)

Part 23: Return to dinnerwandered

I got back to Dinnerwandered and left the demon corpses on the table with the rest of my prize. That of the Roc, the Undead Dragon corpse from Sunkengem, the roc eggs as well. I also left some of the gold jewelry such as a gold crown on the table as well.

Part 24: End of a journey a return to Sunkengem

I shall reminisce on my defeat of Dishmab in one last return to Sunkengem. As soon as I arrived I saw a form in Bright blue glowing armor... It couldn't be... No... No...

Dishmab was still alive. I led him into the fields of open combat and I shall end this now. As he followed bursts of reptile blood erupted around him he must of escaped the magma not long ago as his flesh is black and his armor glowing in  the heat of magma.

This is it... This is the final moment the pinnacle of my journey! DISHMAB MUST DIIIIIIIIIIE!

Journal Ends here. But... it appears there is another journal nearby

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: May 18, 2014, 12:08:50 pm »

Also there is a god named Dishmab: was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Clasp of Waters. Dishmab was most often depicted as Male Dwarf and was associated with crafts and rainbows. Its nature is still an intriguing puzzle to the learned

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: May 18, 2014, 12:23:33 pm »

Dishmab, the rainbow God? Lol, that seems pretty unlikely to me :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: May 18, 2014, 03:37:38 pm »

Journal Ends here. But... it appears there is another journal nearby

Dishmab Northmanor, The Mute Saffron Soot, looked around himself and grinned.

It felt good to be fighting again, and with Aco Knitadmitre by his side –a deathlord like himself. Dishmab had not seen another such as he since he had slain Nil Swifttoast many years ago. Aco had regaled him of tales of slaughter using a masterwork green glass disk that Dishmab himself had looted from Crimsondepths, the site of his first real victory, and the friendship had been sealed.

It felt good to see a kindred spirit and when Aco had  suggested joining forces to slay demons and pillage great treasures again, Dishmab felt what could have been joy in the ruined meat that was his heart.

In the depths of the ancient fort of Sunkengem, Dishmab felt the heat on his face. He had not seen magma in so long. The two new friends laughed and joked as the resident tribe of reptile men attempted to attack them. Towercap blowdarts pattered off his encrusted adamantine armour, as he cleaved the meanest looking reptile in half with his faithful blade, Crabadorned the Taciturn Keeper.

“Dishmab, come over here, there is something I wish you to see!” boomed Aco.

Dishmab walked over to the magma pipe, taking in its magnificence.

“Perhaps you should have a closer look!” screamed the human thrall as he kicked Dishmab in the back…

A lesser being would have tumbled straight into the pipe, but Dishmab’s reflexes held true. Traitor! He swung out with his blade and it struck true, hacking off the treacherous brute’s left index finger. Aco charged again and Dishmab’s footing faltered…

“I am the true Lord of Death, Northmanor,” grinned Aco, as Dishmab’s flailing form was swallowed by a great splash of molten rock.

It felt like an eternity for Dishmab, as he sunk into the heart of the earth. The magma seeped into his armour and blackened his flesh. His fat boiled and his blood turned to steam. His bones crackled and burned but did not break. How could he have been so gullible but to trust another thrall?

Dishmab sank to the depths of hell and died a second death.

What felt like an aeon later, a voice appeared in the darkness.

You are not finished Dishmab. You are death itself. Go now. Take your vengeance.

In his madness and delirium as his brain melted, Dishmab could not be sure. Was the voice his own? Or some greater power?

Miraculously, he found he could move again, and swam toward the surface. Magma filled his chest cavity and curled around his crumbling bones. He was barely more than a suit of armour now, bound together by a deathless will. The godmetal plates fused and crackled around his once noble form as he swum further upwards through the fiery gloom.

Finally and abruptly he reached the surface. In the glowing darkness, Dishmab made out many piercing red eyes. The reptiles had returned to see what manner of creature had returned from the great pipe.

Flames licked at the metal of his armour. As Dishmab made it to the edge of his molten prison, the reptiles leapt upon him. His molten armour spat and sparkled as the reptiles burned upon contact.

The Taciturn Keeper glowed with unnatural flame as it described a burning arc. Reptiles exploded in showers of gore, their flaming limbs bursting apart in the fierce heat of the Avatar of Death. Finally, the last reptile twitched and was still, the only sound the crackle of his red-hot armour.

Dishmab wailed, a deep mournful noise from within his fused armour. A hollow boom…

“ACO!”

He made it to the forts entrance, antelopes scattering before his glowing form.  Where could the traitor Aco be? It would take a lifetime to scour this earth, but he was Dishmab the Deathless, purged in the flames of Hell. No corner of this world is safe.

The voice inside his head spoke again – He will come to YOU.

Wandering westward from Sunkengem, Dishmab’s darksight spotted a figure on the horizon. The sun glinted on a godmetal axe. Surely this was Aco? The voice was right…

The figure approached and suddenly stopped in his tracks.

“How?... I killed you… I saw you burn!”

What a horrifying sight met Aco. The shape was roughly similar to the Dishmab he had met a few months ago, but he was wreathed in flame. His armour had fused solid around his ruined corpse and glowed with a hideous fire. Great clouds of boiling reptile blood belched from the scored armour, caked in obsidian and ichor.

Dishmab leapt with unnatural speed. Aco recoiled and lifted his iron shield. The blazing blade of the fire-demon struck it with a great thunderclap and split it in twain. Aco’s shield arm was a splintered ruin, and he gasped in horror as his flesh bubbled and split in the relentless heat.

Scrambling away, Aco felt for the first time in years the sickly taste of fear upon his soul. How could this being survive? How could this be! A panic reached in his guts and Aco Knitadmire knew he would die this day.

Hefting the legendary axe he had looted from Ironhelm the Ocean-Castle, Aco brought it down upon Dishmab’s neck with all the strength he could muster. The blade bounced harmlessly off the molten armour in a great shower of sparks.

“You had your chance, traitor. You cannot kill Death,” rasped Dishmab.

The blazing blade spat again, and the human’s bronze and iron armour were no match. Aco’s axe fell, still gripped in his fist. The arm was torn away at the shoulder!

“Run!” bellowed Dishmab. Aco imagined a gleam in the eye sockets of the fiery being. Could that be malice? Or joy?

Aco scrambled to his feet and tried to run. The next slash tore his left leg at the hip and he fell in a crumpled heap. Black dead blood pumped from his ragged shoulder and pelvis.  With a sudden sear of pain, the world become black as with a final deep slash, Dishmab Northmanor the Mute Saffron Soot cleanly bisected the man he thought would be his friend.

“There can be only one…”

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: May 18, 2014, 04:23:26 pm »

You should have pushed him to a glowing pit, safer tan adamantine.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: May 18, 2014, 04:41:42 pm »

That was epic. (I've linked Kesperans story on the front page together with Kromgar's entries. )

I updated the turn list (finally) and I've updated the descriptions of the fortresses where new ones were visited.
I assume that the fortress described here:
was Lakelancers?
Also, Kromgar, you brought many items to the museum, which one can be added as your official submission?

Tehsapper is up next, once we have the save game.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:46:24 pm by Bralbaard »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: May 18, 2014, 05:44:25 pm »

That was epic. (I've linked Kesperans story on the front page together with Kromgar's entries. )

I updated the turn list (finally) and I've updated the descriptions of the fortresses where new ones were visited.
I assume that the fortress described here:
was Lakelancers?
Also, Kromgar, you brought many items to the museum, which one can be added as your official submission?

Tehsapper is up next, once we have the save game.

Hmmm ill have to check again butbut perhaps the full body of the gray fiend. I will upload save when I get back from work later tonight. Also im going to make a map of Night Creature country
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:48:59 pm by Kromgar »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: May 18, 2014, 06:36:25 pm »

Also im going to make a map of Night Creature country
Yeah, what was with that? You seemed to attract night creatures in droves. I've never seen that before.

Where did you put your index finger that Dishmab hacked off? Is it in the old Adventurers Home room that Dishmab and Nil retired in inside Dinnerwandered?

Also... how cool was the first battle between Aco and Dishmab... I chopped off your finger as you pushed me into a volcano. That is almost exactly what happens when Gollum attacks Frodo at Mount Doom. You can't make that stuff up.

Finally, I have no idea why there was boiling reptile blood coming off Dishmab's armour when he finally caught up with you and hacked off your limbs, but I imagine he was mighty pissed when he crawled out the magma pipe and blew off some steam on the reptile men in the caverns of Sunkengem.

Truly awesome turn, I am looking forward to exploring the save when you upload it so I can record the heroic deeds of Aco Knitadmire! (and see if Dishmab is findable... it's my turn in a few goes and I have to see if he is still around somewhere.)

I would like to see what Dishmab's description is now. Did his wounds heal? Is he still bleeding? Does he have any flesh left?

I think someone should try to find the mutilated corpse of Aco and take it to the Tomb of Heroes, (s)he certainly deserves to rest there for eternity.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: May 18, 2014, 08:41:19 pm »

Also im going to make a map of Night Creature country
Yeah, what was with that? You seemed to attract night creatures in droves. I've never seen that before.

Where did you put your index finger that Dishmab hacked off? Is it in the old Adventurers Home room that Dishmab and Nil retired in inside Dinnerwandered?

Also... how cool was the first battle between Aco and Dishmab... I chopped off your finger as you pushed me into a volcano. That is almost exactly what happens when Gollum attacks Frodo at Mount Doom. You can't make that stuff up.

Finally, I have no idea why there was boiling reptile blood coming off Dishmab's armour when he finally caught up with you and hacked off your limbs, but I imagine he was mighty pissed when he crawled out the magma pipe and blew off some steam on the reptile men in the caverns of Sunkengem.

Truly awesome turn, I am looking forward to exploring the save when you upload it so I can record the heroic deeds of Aco Knitadmire! (and see if Dishmab is findable... it's my turn in a few goes and I have to see if he is still around somewhere.)

I would like to see what Dishmab's description is now. Did his wounds heal? Is he still bleeding? Does he have any flesh left?

I think someone should try to find the mutilated corpse of Aco and take it to the Tomb of Heroes, (s)he certainly deserves to rest there for eternity.

The finger is right near the slab ouside of the guild. So if no one can reclaim Aco's body ... incase Dishmab is around... You can inter a finger.

Also... ahaha that LoTR I never even thought of that
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 162