Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 775657 times)

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1950 on: May 28, 2014, 06:25:46 pm »

Save downloaded, will start an adventurer tommorrow.

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: May 29, 2014, 11:39:26 pm »

This is the story of Dumed Kekimurist "Dumed Splatterdagger" a dwarf from the dieing dwaven civilization of The Galley of Saftey"

13th of Felsite, 1183

I find myself in this lovley roach infested hamlet of Paddlecuddle. Whish is part of The Virtuous Empire. I was a guard to a trade caravan that I somehow managed to loose, or they lost me. Not really sure which is the case. Either way I find myself here, alone, and far from the last vestige of my civilization. Luckly I still have some cave lobster, water, my copper shield and silver mace. I guess I should talk to the locals and find out about my surroundings. No sence in wandering blindly about. No idea why they think Ironhelm the Ocean-Castle is of any relevent info, considering it is on the other side of the world. But it is far closer to home than this roach infested place is, so it warms my heart a bit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wander around the town while I decide what I'll do next. I come upon a house covered with gore on the inside. In it stands four Humans. A bonedoctor, dyer, spinner and an hebalist. The dyer, herbalist, and spinner are all injured in some way, standing or laying next to a corpse of a hammergobin. While the doctor is fine, but has the blood of the dead goblin dripping from her dagger. The seen makes me feel unprotected so I don the dead goblin's iron helm and iron mail shirt. Assuming that the doctor would need help I ask if I can be of service. The doctor says yes, That I should go kill a vampire in the nearby hamlet of Nameknit. This vampire has supposedly killed over 1300 in its time. Since the doctor was more interesed in sending me on my way to kill someone, I asked the dyer if he had any need of service. He proceeds to loudly tell me I should confront in kill the local bonedocter, whom the whole town is conviced is a vampire.

I accuse the doctor, to which she proceeds to fly into a rage. We all rush her. I swing my silver mace right to her head, getting the first blow in, bruising her spine. Next thing I know she with her copper slicing knife she slices the herbalist's head clean off. Shorty after that the poor dyer's head goes rolling away from its body also. I get some more blows in but I am not doing any serious injury. The vampire bites the spinner's third finger on his right hand and rips it off with her mouth. Suddenly the vampire is all over me slicing wildly. I try to flee....to no avail.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:28:27 am by Plancky »

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: May 30, 2014, 12:53:15 am »

Ouch! Died in the town I started in.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: May 30, 2014, 01:09:37 am »

Eek, how did that happen?

Also... I like your sig :)
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (succession game)
« Reply #1954 on: May 30, 2014, 01:49:12 am »

And it looked like such a friendly town... (except for the roaches).

I've added the Evertree to the worldmap, it lies close to Ironhelm the Ocean Castle.

34: Evertree Build by Tehsapper. Elven legends predict a time in the future when trees will grow as tall as castles, and elves will rule the world. Nobody believed them, until, recently, the Evertree was found.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 01:56:30 am by Bralbaard »

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: May 30, 2014, 09:43:13 am »

Was the local bonedoctor who worships a god of pregnency. I still wonder how the game decided where nonhumans start, the dwarven civ I picket had one hamlet on the other side of the continent. Full story now up, short but up. I guess on to  a fort.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:27:39 am by Plancky »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: May 30, 2014, 11:54:52 am »

I've discovered why human adventurers travelling from Dinnerwandered to Goodbrews are being attacked on sight.

The Rough Labor (Dumaterith) are currently at war with the Realm of Ancients (Omon Woge), and have been since 1146, after an "incident" in Goodbrews. Perhaps Timeless Bob can elaborate...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: May 30, 2014, 02:04:53 pm »

I'VE BEEN SIGGED
I HAVE RISEN FAR IN THE RANKS OF FORUMITES, AND I MAY NOW CLAIM THAT I AM WELL-KNOWN
SWEET

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: May 30, 2014, 09:34:26 pm »

I'VE BEEN SIGGED
I HAVE RISEN FAR IN THE RANKS OF FORUMITES, AND I MAY NOW CLAIM THAT I AM WELL-KNOWN
SWEET
Sig-texting.

Hehe.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: May 30, 2014, 10:56:38 pm »

Iton Stasisship was mentioned in the image! He was my adventurer. A mummy reanimated him at the Tomb of Heroes.

Could you please move me down a few spots in the waitlist? My computer is broken.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 06:36:03 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: May 31, 2014, 12:01:13 pm »

Obviously it'll be a while before a turn opens up, but I'd love to take a turn.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: May 31, 2014, 04:57:23 pm »

I'll add you to the list, I'll also move NAV down two spots.

Edit: that means Kesperan is the next person on the list, once the save is uploaded.
Now is the time to bring sacrifices to Armok, and pray that Dishmab has been hidden well enough, for if he is not we sure are in a lot of trouble.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 05:02:36 pm by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: May 31, 2014, 06:29:30 pm »

I have no idea where he is.

I will have to make a new adventurer.

Can't decide if it will be Human, Elf or Dwarf...

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: June 01, 2014, 11:16:40 pm »

Hey can I be added to the list? This sounds like a really neat concept.

Just so y'all know, my adventurer will not last long. I think the longest lived adventurer I've had even as demigod is like a couple hours... I'm not very good at this to be honest.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:18:56 pm by deepfreeze78 »
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: June 02, 2014, 12:12:33 am »

Don't worry about surviving for long. None of my characters have lasted more than a few days.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 162