Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 777062 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #2010 on: June 24, 2014, 06:11:05 pm »

28th Hematite 1188

I wake and feel... strangely normal. No nausea yet, and the feeling has returned to my limbs. It seems the syndrome from the execrable doom is shortlived, to my relief.

I make my way south west towards Evertree. I am ambushed by wolves! They do not pose much threat to a spearmaster like me and do provide some variety to my diet.

1st Malachite 1188

I arrive on the outskirts of Evertree. I rest before continuing and am attacked by Bogeymen! I have been very lucky until now not to encounter these little fiends. I manage to hack them to death with only a bruised hand to show for it. It is true that adamantine blades are astonishingly sharp.

I enter the fort from the east and find elves milling about. Elves with dwarvish names! What madness is this? I enter the fort and am suddenly attacked by a forgotten beast, Osmmuk! It is a twisted giant hornet with a deadly stinger. I sneak up behind it and behead it. I butcher the great beast. I will feast on forgotten beast steaks tonight!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I head into the fort and find more amiable elf-dwarves. A second forgotten beast roars, an enormous crocodile, Thol Roaredsullied. I fight in a corridor where the cramped conditions prevent it from moving too much. It is an inelegant tussle, but finally I skewer its massive skull with my spear.

I exit and head south where I spot something breathtaking - the Evertree. Elves live in the great branches and leaves of the tree which towers over the plains. At the base, I meet an elf in fine armour, an axe lord. He agrees to continue my adventures with me!

We have not travelled far when the elf and I are attacked by zombie vultures! We overcome them but the elf seems disheartened. When we next make camp, he is gone. I wonder if I will meet him again?

I have explored the three forts I set out to investigate, gained many treasures and slain horrible beasts. I begin a long, long, long trek north-eastward to Dinnerwandered.

4th Malachite 1188

I wander far through the steppe and plain, stopping to raid bandit camps and lairs.

In a lair, I find a named zombie boar, Coldspurn. This boar had claimed the life of Hratgar Nosefold! I also find a naked elf. They both do not provide any sport as I casually slaughter them.

7th Malachite 1188

The travelling is long and uneventful, and I find little to add to my journal. Finally, I am ambushed one evening by kobolds! The first bow wielding kobold I bite in the throat, ripping and tearing it. He quickly bleeds to death. The other kobold runs in fear. The dark crown speaks to me and, grinning, I torture the little fiend with my knives, before it dies of blood loss.

8th Malachite 1188

I arrive at a small village, Hexholds. For some reason, its name is familiar. I search the town and find it abandoned. North is Crowncruelty, famously the home of Bora Ragedance. There seems to be a tribe of friendly goblins here, and one warns me of a cyclops lair!

I find a small house with goblin corpses strewn around. In the entrance is a pile of jewellry made of human body parts. This must be where Bora Ragedance was struck down by Dishmab the Deathless! I accept the goblin's hospitality and spend the night.

9th Malachite 1188

I continue my journey east, skirting the mountains. I come across a bandit camp lead by a goblin warlord, Imi Primplays. She squeals in pain as I plunge my spear into her liver before caving in her skull with my hammer. I spend the night in the human town of Clenchedrealms.

10th Malachite 1188

I travel north east, occasionally encountering bandits, and make good progress.

12th Malachite 1188

I am ambushed by a bloated creature! It is strong and knocks me into a murky pool. Multiple spear strikes to the head only seem to enrage it, so I resort to de-limbing it. Eventually my spear finds a sweet spot and tears it's fetid brain.

On the horizon, I spot a strange tower. On arriving I see corpses scattered around – I am obviously not the first adventurer to happen upon this evil building. I believe this may be the necromancer tower where the great Dishmab learned the secrets of death. Rumortainted the Profane Void whispers to me. Power, strength, immortality. What chance do you have of ending the lord of death if you cannot be his equal?  It is certainly tempting...

13th Malachite 1188

Bowspoons is the tower, and it writhes with undead. I taunt the olm man necromancer into leaving his black tower, and hack him down. He has a very nice masterwork bronze knife, which I take. I wade through the shuffling corpses and find what I seek. The book is named simply "Immortality" and it does not disappoint. Black power courses through my veins! The black crown of bone glimmers with foreboding.

14th Malachite 1188

I drop my meat and water. I have no need of sustenance any longer. I continue to head north east towards where I think the Museum should be, it is still a long way away, but I no longer require to rest. In the dead of night, I am assailed by a grimeling! A hideous tangled creature made of bog reeds. My necromantic strength flows through me and I bite its filthy head off.

19th Malachite 1188

For days I travelled the sprawling expanse, known to be home to many night creatures, but I found no lairs and I find no sign of any beasts of the night. Perhaps they are now afraid of me.

Finally I find a lair - Graveburied the Murky Skulls. The two night men inside bleed to death to a hundred frenzied knife wounds.

20th Malachite 1188

I arrive at the human town Chapelscorch, of the Whirling Confederation. The humans there have never heard of me and do not notice the evil gleam in my eye, my dark crown hidden under leather cowl. They tell me of the lairs of night creatures nearby, which I decide to investigate. They implore me to head to the capital Tundrascribes and cleanse it of the vampire threat!

I head south and find the impressively named Ashenbones the Dust of Shadow, and slay the night men there. Next I find a lair with a cyclops, and slaughter it with my knives.

21st Malachite 1188

I head toward the target of the villagers ire. The town of Tundrascribes harbors many outcasts but many of the lairs have been cleared, some by Dishmab. I hack to death the rabid were-peasants and return to the city.

They fete me as a hero, and suggest I descend into the sewers in search of vampires... I descend into the catacombs and search high and low. I eventually find two vampires - a human and a reptile man cowering in the dank tunnels of the sewer. They flail and strike but are no match for me. I hack them to death and harvest their blood. I drink the mixed slurry of human and reptile vampire blood deeply, and feel the strength fill my heart! I am now a vampire!

I return, splashed with vampire blood, and tell the frightened villagers of my victory. I am asked to go the next town to the east and slay a vampire there.

22nd malachite 1188

I arrive in Bakerswalked.  The local merchants go pale when I tell them of my quest to slay the vampire. Search first in the keep! They whisper...

I spend days searching but cannot find the vampire. A strange thirst grows within me and I must leave this town before I feast on the innocent. I head north.

26th Malachite 1188

I arrive in the dwarvish town of Tongsoak, of the Rainy Lashes. This is the furthest north I have ever been and I dare not stay until I can dowse the fiery thirst in my veins. I have no desire to feed on my own kind.

I head north to the fort of Combinelocks which offers no treasure. As I crest a volcano, I am suddenly and without warning engulfed in a thick red cloud of eerie mist! My flesh warps and twists, and I am forever changed. I have become an eerie mist husk!

28th Malachite 1188

The dark crown has lead me here, finally I see. It has what it wants. A host, a powerful tool. I have been tricked by the ungodly crown which has now fused to my skull. I take my frustrations out on the local camps. Kobolds are torn apart, and I use my newfound strength to bite the heads of human bandits, cleaving their soft skulls like melons.

Nearby is a necromancer tower. I wonder if it has been plundered? The necromancers are long gone, no doubt hacked to bits  by zealous adventurers. At the pinnacle, I find the slab. The words of an evil God. The secrets of life and death… I stow the slab in my pack.

As I arrive in Combinelocks I discover it is overrun with beasts, and I cannot enter. I leave and head east, stumbling into a lair. I enter and find Ramet Vipertin the werebeast. He is surprisingly chatty.
I strangle him, feed on his hot red blood, then punch his skull in.

2nd Galena 1188

I cross a small river when I am attacked by an alligator. He is the biggest I have ever seen, gigantic with incredible muscles! I wish to test my strength and so I attempt to wrestle the snapping beast to  death. I know it will tire before I do.

The alligator is possessed of unnatural vigour and does not yield. I wrestle it for a whole day. It never tires. It never gives up. Finally, and with great respect, I sink my sword between its eyes. It weighs almost double what a normal adult alligator weighs, strapped with thick muscles. I take its skull as a trophy.

I am now in the great sun-baked plains to the north of the world, surrounded by elephants, rhinos and cheetahs. Dinnerwandered lies yet further East. I am not far from Legendfountains, one of the first forts in this world. Logic was a great dragonslayer who founded Legendfountains, and stories remain of undisturbed dragon lairs in this part of the world. I travel eastwards and am ambushed by cheetahs, who I choke to death.

3rd Galena 1188

I am attacked by bogeymen. Their attacks patter off my armour and shield as I strangle them. I strangle them all night, until sun burns their flesh and they explode in clouds of acrid smoke. Next some dingoes attack. I put all my weapons and shields in my pack, and pull out a zinc ladle I took from the night men. I smack the dingoes to death with my ladle.

7th Galena 1188

Much to my disappointment, having searched for days, I cannot find the supposed dragon lair. I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

8th Galena 1188

I attack a bandit camp armed only with my ladle. The bandits gain so much skill trying to attack me that they gain the titles of master or lord. I bash in their brains with my ladle.

I head east to the nearest necromancer tower, thinking that perhaps they can direct me to the dragon lair. The necromancers eye me with distrust, despite recognising me as a fellow creature of undeath. Sadly they are uninterested in talking to me. In the tower is a slab made of adamantine... I have never seen such craftwork!

Fatecrypts the Funeral of Dust! The disgruntled necromancers do not stop me when I place the god-created adamantine slab in my backpack.

10th Galena 1188

I steadily make my way east. I stop at any camp or lair I see and add to my tally of kills. My infamy grows in this land. I make my way through the haunted mountains of The Smeared Spines, when suddenly I am surrounded by a vile mist!

The choking gas warps my body yet further... I am twice-husked, just like Dishmab! Insane strength burdens me with slowed reflexes, but I am utterly unstoppable.

I arrive at Legendfountains but cannot enter – time slows down and I can go no further. I recognise the well documented temporal anomaly that affects older forts. I decide to head further east.

I arrive in the Empire of Omon Woge- the Realm of Ancients. Dinnerwandered is the capital but I decide to explore the outskirts and surrounding areas. The old dwarven fort of Tongsrace is deserted. I head to the fortress of Muffinseasons.

In the fort I find the corpse of a dwarf, who clenches an iron drum in his skeletal fist. He is Dakost Shootbelts, the Dimpled Tactic of Pears, famed companion of Nithe Earthspeaker. He appears to have died of old age. I collect his equipment, including a brace of fine crafted warhammers.

Standing on the battlement, is an elf who screams her name... Nithe Earthspeaker, the Lauded Way, the Heavenly Harpist! He is a famed elven hero, has long since given up the adventuring way. I leave him to his contemplation. I have no desire to slay heroes and this slender elf is no match for a twice husked abomination like me.

I head east and find myself in the lands of the vile goblins of the Curse of Mites. Harpies stalk these evil lands and I find a pair of two necromancer towers. I raid the towers and find their inhabitants either dead or unwilling to talk to a creature such as me. I stow two more slabs in my pack.

13th Galena 1188

I find a goblin bandit camp. The bandits obviously have not heard of my prowess in battle as they brazenly attack. I lie on the floor unarmed and rest. Their feeble attacks tickle me. I let the goblins attack me until they become lords. I then stand up, unarmed, and bite their heads, crushing their skulls.

14th Galena 1188

I am deep in the heart of goblin territory now and my genocide of the foul greenskins begins.
I arrive at Badfaints, a filthy goblin town, at night. These wretched creatures have no hope. They attempt to swarm me in a conga line of death. I punch the first and he flies into his comrades, like knocking down skittles. Unarmed, I tear one goblin's sock off and use it to beat his friends to death.

I head to the goblin capital, Wipeticks, and clear the dungeon of goblins and bosses with a silver maul I wrested from the dead hands of a goblin militia. Having cleared the catacombs beneath the ciry, I head north to Owlwalls, most northern dwarven outpost in the scorching heat of the top of the world.

Owlwalls is truly magnificent! A great wooden boat stands proudly in the dock. There are no enemies to best though, so I head south and then west to Dinnerwandered.

18th Galena 1188

I arrive back on the eastern outskirts of Dinnerwandered. I intend to visit the Tower of Seers for fine dwarf-made coffins as I plan to inter my fellow husks Aco Knitadmire and Nil Swifttoast in proper coffins in pride of place on the top floor of the Museum.

The Tower is serviced by a respectable fort, which has access to the caverns. I begin searching the tower for forgotten beasts, encountering a tribe of antmen. Their fungiwood blowdarts are useless against my armour. Their strange high pitched screams are muffled when I tear them apart.

I descend further into the caverns and find a hideous ancient beast, a quadraped made of morganite. It is massive and has seen battle with the dwarves here, its rosy gem hide pock marked by crossbow bolts and scratches from iron weapons. It is massive, weighing 26 tons. I take a few purposeful strides towards it and cleanly bisect it in a single blow with my adamantine short sword.

I search further and find another beast, and think to myself that this impressive monster could be more challenging. Weri Sofipubirethi has come, a gigantic winged panda composed of yellow diamond, beware its deadly spittle!

I begin chipping away at the massive diamond panda with my grimy silver maul, figuring edged attacks would be pointless against a foe of crystalling diamond. My attacks dent and chip the beast causing it to bellow in rage. My shield skills and enormous strength save me from harm as its massive diamond fists pound upon me, as I dodge gouts of boiling forgotten beast extract.

Eventually I catch the panda in the jaw perfectly with my maul and tear off its huge diamond head. The diamond beast falls in a heap, now nothing more than an enormous precious stone. I have never seen a diamond even close to this size, and know it must be utterly priceless. This will be a fine submission to the museum.

I leave the Tower of Seers hauling the diamond corpse of the massive beast, weighing nearly 35 tons.

Hauling the great corpse, I head into Dinnerwandered from the east, startling a cat. Just at the entrance to the central keep, I find a small room with a dead dwarf in fine steel gear - Feb Minesizzled! I recognise this dwarf by name as being an adventurer, long dead to old age.

I gather her corpse and equipment.

I head west and gather the remains of Aco Knitadmire, hacked to pieces after betraying Dishmab the Deathless before eventually I arrive at the Museum proper.

I lay my cave swallow woman egg with the serpent woman eggs that Logic Legendfinder retrieved. On the first floor, I deposit various trophies including elephant ivory, the skull of the giant alligator I wrestled, the iron drum of Dakost Shootbelts, and the right hand and left foot of a bogeyman ripped off by my own teeth in combat.

On the top floor, I set our four stone coffins I gathered in the Tower of Seers. In each coffin I inter the remains of an adventurer.

The left most coffin contains the remains Nil Swifttoast the Colourless Complexity, his armour and equipment. The second left contains the dismembered ruin of Aco Knitadmire, cut down by Dishmab.

The third coffin contains the skeletal remains of Freeman Dielightnings, who died at the hands of Teshil Despairdaub 135 years ago and whose bleached bones I found on the second level of the Museum.

In the rightmost coffin is the body of the dwarf heroine Feb Minesizzled, who died of old age in Dinnerwandered, by my reckoning only the second adventurer to achieve this feat.

To the south of the room I place three slabs, given by Gods to twisted necromancers.

Deadfiends the Spider of Dust, crafted of the metal electrum.
Dustbone the Fated Burial, made of cryolite, used by Kosoth to kill 14 dingos in the Hills of Murdering.
Finally, my favourite, Fatecrypts the Funeral of Dust, an adamantine slab of unparalleled craft.

On the second highest story of the museum, on its own, I place the diamond corpse of the gigantic panda creature, Weri Menacecurses, my formal submission to the museum.

With that, his task complete, Kosoth Griffonblaze the Shaken Galley melts into the night, and woe betide any adventurer who seeks him out!

Notable kills: 448
Other kills: 473

Forts explored:
•   Shovelscratches the Shady Heliotrope Chamber
•   Ironhelm the Ocean-Castle
•   Evertree
•   Combinelocks the Locks of Combinations (FPS death)
•   Legendfountains (FPS death)
•   Tongsrace
•   Owlwalls
•   The Tower of Seers

Legendary +8 Speardwarf
Legendary +523 shield user
Legendary +66 Armour user
Legendary +17 Ambusher
Legendary +2 Swimmer
Legendary +93 Observer
Legendary +548 Fighter
Legendary +115 Wrestler
Legendary +36 Dodger
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: June 24, 2014, 07:00:13 pm »

Holy... Crap.... Excuse me while I spend 4 years reading that.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: June 24, 2014, 07:39:03 pm »

Yeah, sorry about wall of text.

Rather than make lots of little updates as I've not had much time I've made a word document and pasted it in. Too big for one post.

Take your time to read it, there's sine nice pictures too :)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: June 25, 2014, 12:39:39 am »

I must agree with deepfreeze. This shit is divine.

Love the story.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: June 25, 2014, 02:26:41 pm »

Just finished reading, and wow is all I have to say. Just wow.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: June 25, 2014, 02:42:50 pm »

Great story! That dwarven bone crown is probably the most awesome artifact on the planet. 
The mummy encounter was quite a close call, it could have ended quite differently. Apparently now Eric's minions have started ambushing us too? I thought they were restricted to lairs..

Only one nitpick about the story: second and third picture in the first post link to the same picture, that is likely unintentional.

Also: that screenshot of Evertree.. That's amazing work Tehsapper, elfy, but amazing.

I've updated the turn list, and other posts. Also, we now have Gnorm's save game, I'm looking forward to the story.
that makes it NAV's turn,  I'll check if he has time to play right now.

My own story is slowly progressing, but drawing everything is quite a bit more work than I expected.. I did finish another two pages this week, so it should be finished soonish.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: June 25, 2014, 03:49:12 pm »

I make World Viewer and someone suggested I export and look into this world to get a bunch of interesting player made history, and it was really interesting.  There is tons of interesting stuff in this world that you guys made or experienced.  The most interesting of which in my opinion is the site Nahoxukong, here's a screenshot of it in World Viewer

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

It's interesting because there have been 325 structures built on this site and almost all of them were destroyed a year after.  This happened continuously for over 400 years, which is really weird.  Unfortunately legends mode doesn't give much more in details because it hasn't been discovered but I'm curious what all of those are.  it's also the site of several hundred unopposed battles and conquerings, which is also weird.

A few other interesting details. Stukos Stirflag The Unkempt Crowed which was a dwarf under the control of one of you racked up nearly 100 kills over the course of his 25 years of fighting, which is pretty impressive as well.

Just wanted to see if anyone could get any insight on that site, and share some cool details I found!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: June 25, 2014, 03:56:18 pm »

Well, any other lair-dwelling serial killing historical figures can ambush you, so why not mummies?

I find it amusing that that site has exactly one goblin living in it. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: June 26, 2014, 03:38:42 am »

I make World Viewer and someone suggested I export and look into this world to get a bunch of interesting player made history, and it was really interesting.  There is tons of interesting stuff in this world that you guys made or experienced.  The most interesting of which in my opinion is the site Nahoxukong, here's a screenshot of it in World Viewer

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

It's interesting because there have been 325 structures built on this site and almost all of them were destroyed a year after.  This happened continuously for over 400 years, which is really weird.  Unfortunately legends mode doesn't give much more in details because it hasn't been discovered but I'm curious what all of those are.  it's also the site of several hundred unopposed battles and conquerings, which is also weird.

A few other interesting details. Stukos Stirflag The Unkempt Crowed which was a dwarf under the control of one of you racked up nearly 100 kills over the course of his 25 years of fighting, which is pretty impressive as well.

Just wanted to see if anyone could get any insight on that site, and share some cool details I found!

I'm betting the structures were temples/shrines/ect... and that the population kept on building new shrines to make new religions that were then overcome by yet more religions with their own shrines, ect...  I've seen similar histories.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: June 26, 2014, 04:49:10 pm »

NAV can't play, that makes it Koter's turn.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: June 26, 2014, 05:00:44 pm »

I just remembered that I have a copy of Neverwinter Nights II in my "old games drawer".  I think I may be able to build a playable guide to Dinnerwandered, it's sewers and the Museum using the in-game construction kit.  Would anybody on-list be interested in this, considering that it has the D&D ruleset attached to it?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:03:25 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: June 26, 2014, 07:18:21 pm »

Great story! That dwarven bone crown is probably the most awesome artifact on the planet.
It does have a suitably menacing name too! Rumortainted the Profane Voids!

The mummy encounter was quite a close call, it could have ended quite differently. Apparently now Eric's minions have started ambushing us too? I thought they were restricted to lairs..

Mummies have been ambushing for quite a while. The first recorded mummy ambush was Keth Tunnelpads. They will ambush you even if you are undead, and they will be friendly to you. Happened quite frequently to Dishmab too, though he usually just beheaded them anyway.

Only one nitpick about the story: second and third picture in the first post link to the same picture, that is likely unintentional.

Fixed.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your artwork Bralbaard (and maybe one day some pics of Dishmab... I think this thread has so many epic moments in it worth imortalising in artwork...)

Stukos Stirflag The Unkempt Crowed which was a dwarf under the control of one of you racked up nearly 100 kills over the course of his 25 years of fighting, which is pretty impressive as well.

Stukos has a fairly significant part to play in my stories, and is probably the most badass non-player character in this world (in my humble opinion).

He was the best military dwarf of Ironhelm the Ocean-Castle and was elevated to Baron of the Impervious Fist due to his fighting prowess. He then became known as the Black Baron after his consort was slain during the tantrum spiral which created the fell-mood dwarf bone crown Rumortainted the Profane Voids.

Mad with grief, he then ordered the opening of the Black Gate - the artefact gabbro door sealing the fort from the demon onslaught in Hell - and lead the attack which breached Hell and slew many demons with his masterwork adamantine short sword Osed Catten, the Maze of Channels. He finally died of old age and his body was found and interred in his tomb within Ironhelm by Dishmab Northmanor the Mute Saffron Soot, the God-demon of death. His body was later raised as a skeletal warrior by Aco Knitadmire and was forced to fight demons once more. His dismembered skeleton was retrieved from Hell by Kosoth Griffonblaze the Shaken Galley and returned to his rightful tomb, alongside the sarcophagus of his faithful consort Id Copperowned.

More information can be found here and within the journals of Dishmab and Kosoth, if you're interested.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: June 27, 2014, 02:56:39 am »

I just remembered that I have a copy of Neverwinter Nights II in my "old games drawer".  I think I may be able to build a playable guide to Dinnerwandered, it's sewers and the Museum using the in-game construction kit.  Would anybody on-list be interested in this, considering that it has the D&D ruleset attached to it?

Interesting, but I guess I would need a copy of neverwinter nights II to be able to visit it?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: June 27, 2014, 04:35:31 am »

Interesting, but I guess I would need a copy of Neverwinter Nights II to be able to visit it?

Yes, that's true.  However, I can set it up as a series of screen captures or even make a series of youtube videos and string them together like a "choose your own adventure" as a kind of "Lets visit the Museum!" thing.  Whichever, it'll probably take awhile to get everything built and placed.  I've been trying to make a 3d map of Dinnerwandered, the sewers and catacombs, as well as the embarks on/inside its borders using the freeware CAD program "Sketchup 8, but the best I've done so far is a staircase, a few arches and some doors/trapdoors.  The actual STUFF or people/creatures - that's out of my talent range to stick in there.

(Incidentally, I've been having a real problem making a staircase that's one meter by one meter by two meters that has up/down stairs that aren't too tall and at the same time able to be passed by to the one meter square behind them.  Best I can imagine, they're either poles with handgrips and not stairs at all or rungs in the wall or something.  My head hurts trying to imagine a real world analogue that allows you to ascend and descend but also pass by it on four axis as well -straights and diagonals-)

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: June 28, 2014, 09:50:39 am »

I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.
SIG'D
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 162