Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 782863 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)
« Reply #2160 on: August 24, 2014, 09:16:01 pm »

Go ahead and give the save to the next person who wanted to try to build stuff for the map, I tried but my computer is to damn laggy (Suggested project for other builders, cross continental bridge, it'd be hard but not impossible if you try in the right location.)

A cross-continental bridge made with two embarks might be even more fun - some entity decides to conquer one side, and the other side goes all militant in response. Then maybe there's this constant battle over the bridge - either side would generate different quests, maybe claim the people on the other side were a gang of criminals, ect... all sorts of story possibilities.

There are actually locations that you could build it with one embark if you wanted to
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: August 25, 2014, 02:25:58 pm »

Go ahead and give the save to the next person who wanted to try to build stuff for the map, I tried but my computer is to damn laggy (Suggested project for other builders, cross continental bridge, it'd be hard but not impossible if you try in the right location.)

A cross-continental bridge made with two embarks might be even more fun - some entity decides to conquer one side, and the other side goes all militant in response. Then maybe there's this constant battle over the bridge - either side would generate different quests, maybe claim the people on the other side were a gang of criminals, ect... all sorts of story possibilities.

There are actually locations that you could build it with one embark if you wanted to

Yes, I got that - I was just pulling out ideas about how sites are claimed/conquered in DF 40.xx and thinking that a multi-embark bridge might cause some interesting behaviour.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: August 25, 2014, 04:25:30 pm »

Yes, I got that - I was just pulling out ideas about how sites are claimed/conquered in DF 40.xx and thinking that a multi-embark bridge might cause some interesting behaviour.

Mind you, I'm pretty sure you'd need a running jump in order to cross... And bridge buildings to get close enough to the edge...
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: August 25, 2014, 08:10:12 pm »

You should probably keep a save of before and after the land bridge, in the case that it does cause some interesting glitches
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: August 25, 2014, 08:12:05 pm »

I've sent Plancky a PM, he should have the save shortly.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: August 25, 2014, 09:21:15 pm »

Save downloaded, will start fort shortly.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: August 26, 2014, 12:14:10 am »

Mind you, I'm pretty sure you'd need a running jump in order to cross... And bridge buildings to get close enough to the edge...

Floor tiles can be built in the edge - so can mine-cart tracks...  I've built several embarks edge-to-edge running a mine-cart on its track seamlessly from one to the other in adventure mode.  Eventually, I hope to have a "minecart railway" set up to show everyone - wouldn't that be fun?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: August 26, 2014, 04:08:19 pm »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: August 26, 2014, 05:06:07 pm »

Remember my migrant problem?

Well it happened to the 2nd migrant wave too, anyone care to share how to use migrant fix in the starterpack?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: August 26, 2014, 05:27:06 pm »

I don't have a bugged migrant to test it on, but I'm fairly certain it works like this:

Start up your save game, and have dfhack run alongside it.
select the dwarf in dwarf fortress using the UI (I'm not quite sure when the dwarf counts as selected, probably 'v' followed by 'z' would work?)
Then, in your dfhack window type "tweak fixmigrant"
repeat this for other dwarves.

Again, I can't test it right now, I hope this works.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: August 26, 2014, 05:42:54 pm »

You are a godsend, thank you!

Also, is anyone waiting on the 34.11 save? If not, could I keep up the fortress until someone wants it?

Edit: I want someone to find the masterful human bone crown at my fort once I release the save.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:21:01 pm by tonnot98 »
Meow.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: August 26, 2014, 11:51:13 pm »

Yes, you can keep the save longer, also, anyone who wants a turn for the old game, let us know.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: August 27, 2014, 12:17:17 am »

Select a historical individual using loo"k", then type "tweak makeown" into the DFHack command prompt.  (Fun fact: if you do this to forgotten beasts or titans, they'll still go break all your furniture and attack caravan wagons, but will otherwise leave your dwarves unharmed.  Feral dwarves ruled by the beast-king anyone?)

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: August 27, 2014, 06:45:10 pm »

Just made a bone figurine of the founding of a dwarven civilization in year 1...

Definitely keeping that.
Meow.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 162