Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 782626 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)
« Reply #2205 on: September 02, 2014, 01:36:01 am »

Sign me up for another turn please.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: September 02, 2014, 06:59:22 am »

Okay.  I did one quest last night, and found the item I wish to take back.  I won't spoil the fun, but I do need to prepare further before I can stand even a chance of getting it.

I did however, find an issue with starting the adventurer.  No issues with legends or even parsing the fortress embark map, but I couldn't go past the second page in my character selection?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I re-downloaded it to be sure, and the same happened.  My character has no issues, but it will freeze if I try to view adventurer civs beyond the second page, where goblins and outsider would be.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: September 02, 2014, 08:39:39 am »

Okay.  I did one quest last night, and found the item I wish to take back.  I won't spoil the fun, but I do need to prepare further before I can stand even a chance of getting it.

I did however, find an issue with starting the adventurer.  No issues with legends or even parsing the fortress embark map, but I couldn't go past the second page in my character selection?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I re-downloaded it to be sure, and the same happened.  My character has no issues, but it will freeze if I try to view adventurer civs beyond the second page, where goblins and outsider would be.

Thats a known bug theres no other work around other than using dfhack and possessing your character

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: September 02, 2014, 01:35:02 pm »

*I have my offering, and now must only bring it to the museum*

Ast Usirmistem was always the adventurous type.  Growing up on the cold mountains of the central continent in the small dwarven town of Mirrorspires, where the evil badlands met the harsh mountain air, you had to be willing to face danger on  daily basis.  Any and all corpses were to be butchered immediately, and the gibby bits tossed into the deep middens without a thought to the unearthly groans and animalistic snorts within.  Several friends of hers had come home with an evil red taint about them, and over a few hours as they watched the poor souls got progressively sicker and died a few hours later.  If only they stayed dead.

To be fair, the farther up the mountain you went, the less likely the bodies would reanimate with an evil malice.  However, it also got colder and less hospitable.  At the base of the mountain it was literally so dark, even in the midday, that plump helmets grew freely, braving the cold and clouded Sun alongside the dwarves who lived in this harsh outpost.

The dwarves didn't build it, rather it was abandoned by less stout humans and when all was considered it was a strategic location for the dwarves.  Nevertheless, life expectancy was somewhat lower here than almost anywhere else in the realm.

Ast, born into this world and never having traveled from it, decide to one day find a cure for the plague of Mirrorspires.  Perhaps the cure lay in the heinous cloud of red ash that frequently poured over the field, not far from the town?  The only way to be sure would be to bring a significant quantity to a laboratory or museum for study.

With a few kills under her belt, and seven bags of the very light heinous ash that she spent three days collecting, Ast ventures to the northern reaches of her continent in search for a way to make life in her village a little less painful.
Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)

---

picture Num32:
Spoiler:  032 stork bones (click to show/hide)

Oh man, this idea of a succession world, I suddenly love it more.  Who left their mess all over the place? :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:07:50 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: September 02, 2014, 02:46:07 pm »

That's not the right question. You should be trying to figure out which of us didn't leave a mess all over the place.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: September 02, 2014, 03:54:08 pm »

Small for a dwarf!

Another midget!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: September 02, 2014, 04:54:28 pm »

*Psych can be damned.  Im into this now.*

Spoiler: 02 Hometown (click to show/hide)

When Ast returned home for the final time, she found another soul had perished unexpectedly, and his corpse was being put down by peasants more competent at war than farming.  Life was hard.  Taking up all the bags in her village she emptied out all of the unmilled sweet pods and unprocessed pig tails.  There was always so much left to do, it's a wonder the caravan even bothered with Mirrorspires at all.  Seemed every year another guard or three got caught in the twice-daily clouds or ambushed by a muskox.

she herself was ambushed by one on her way to kill the olm woman threat.  Luckily, she was on the mountain and it decided to dodge off the hill, letting her hide.
Spoiler: 10 Run (click to show/hide)

The olm creature was wanted for suspected lycanthrope, and it didn't matter if it was guilty, killing it would earn her enough coin to leave.  With it dead, she found it was not a lycanthrope, but housing and experimenting on an undead dwarf.  She was apparently trying to train it using an old mothbitten sock.

---

With her bags in order she collected her payment, a steel cuirass inherited from a dead hunter.  Or soldier, were they any different out here?  With a waterskin stuffed with a copper hammer and bronze pick and sword, Ast headed into the plains.

In the plains, she checked on her pile of clothing.  Knowing that wet clothing (okay, I dont know if it has to be wet, but I get them covered in water anyway) worked best, every morning she would wait for the 4 hour thaw of the murky pool.  It was where she hide from the cloud.

When she finally had a pile of ash around the clothing, she put on a second pair of gloves and carefully stuffed the ash into bags for transportation.

All that was left now was to finish her fulfill her final promise to the dwarves and get to the fabled museum.
Spoiler: 25 hiding (click to show/hide)

---

Sneaking through the country side, and keeping to the colder mountainside when possible, Ast dared not sleep for fear that the undead stalkers would find her.  What found her instead was much worse.
Spoiler: 34 lolwing (click to show/hide)

Nightwing!  Made sense, this was an evil place and it was night.  Using its keen sense of hearing, it moved in to kill her.

A long struggle ensued, during which Ast learned much about herself.  When it was over she was both tired and irritated.  And exposed, because a second nightwing swooped down upon her when she tried to retreat to the hillside for cover.
Spoiler: 39 vendetta (click to show/hide)

This fight was easier, as she tried using the hammer.  It broke the creature's bones with an ease she never expected, and the fight was much shorter.  The hillside that harboured her safety was within grasp.  Suddenly Dingos!

But these proved no problem for her after her ordeal with the nightwings.  Having learned how to dodge, initiate grapples larger creatures constantly to avoid uncomfortable locks, and move in her armor, Ast quickly wiped out the pack.

She reached the far side of the corrupt valley at dawn, and a goblin village capital just after.

---

Ast, being of local fame, was met by the 'master', a deformed brute who slaughtered a goblin just as she entered his hut.  Song, SomethingDeadAndStupid its name was.

He refused an offer of service from Ast, but offered her much needed hospitality, which Ast accepted, although not without trepidation.  What an ugly creature!  It was hard to believe it was form this world.
Spoiler: 47 heh (click to show/hide)

---

After a day's well earned rest, Ast moved on, searching for the lair of her target.  By now she was running low on blood, having only harvest about 15 urists from the olm woman.  time for hunting!
Spoiler: 50 Hunting with Ast (click to show/hide)

Wait . . . She was supposed to get the blood, not the meat . . .

Okay, better then.

---

After another day of travel, Ast had to choose what to do mid-day.  She could go straight to her target, or try to stop at the relatively nearby town for a new weapon.  The silver spear she had was serviceable but hardly efficient.  With this in mind she headed north, sticking to the relatively safe 'gray' quicktravel land and staying away from the more unsettling 'purple'.  Stopping at another goblin hamlet, Ast spent the night before finishing her detour to the town of SectGhoul.  Abandoned shops greeted her and she was suddenly unsure if she made the right choice . . .
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:57:06 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: September 02, 2014, 06:10:32 pm »

I'll spend the time until my turn learning all about this world and the adventurers that came before me. I already know which forts I want to explore and what civilization I want to start in.

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: September 02, 2014, 11:51:30 pm »

I think the new fortress probably should be a keep. Because isn't there the problem with all invasions win. And with that wouldn't it cause all the stuff at the fort to be scattered if there is a sucessfull invasion?

Azhf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: September 03, 2014, 01:55:38 am »

Wow, position 18. It's gonna be a while before I get the save haha. I don't consider myself an expert, but I've definitely got experience(I binge played adv mode for roughly a month straight when my grandma died :P). Hopin I can make a nice contribution to the next museum. I wonder... if some sort of lore tie in could happen? Not anything at all, just strictly lore. I don't know. I wonder how big the save will be when it gets to me. I'll have to wait to find out!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: September 03, 2014, 01:04:59 pm »

I think the new fortress probably should be a keep. Because isn't there the problem with all invasions win. And with that wouldn't it cause all the stuff at the fort to be scattered if there is a sucessfull invasion?

Wouldn't the good old lair command in dfhack protect us from that, or is there a new feature that causes stuff to be scattered despite this?

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: September 03, 2014, 02:50:16 pm »

Wouldn't the good old lair command in dfhack protect us from that, or is there a new feature that causes stuff to be scattered despite this?
That probably would work. haven't tried.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:52:53 pm by Plancky »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: September 03, 2014, 09:17:38 pm »

That probably would work. haven't tried.
Suppose you "lair" it and all the dwarfs become "outcasts" of their civ?  Eeeeenteresting...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: September 05, 2014, 04:23:16 am »

The new version seems stable enough, and tests show that creatures are no longer duplicating at the museum site.

The new game has started here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: September 06, 2014, 11:42:42 pm »

How are you doing, pisskop?
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 162