Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 777035 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)
« Reply #2220 on: September 07, 2014, 06:55:53 pm »

Okay.  I got back into it.  So Im on my way north.  Soo much evil to try to avoid.  Also are there boogeys?  I haven't been sleeping at night, but its slow that way.

Right now, I'm in a jungle somewhere, and it hurts.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Between the green bars on the ground, the dead mushrooms everywhere, the bracelets in the stone walls and the invisible trees, I don't' know where I'm going.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:57:36 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: September 07, 2014, 07:00:17 pm »

I think someone screwed up the save with a tileset.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: September 07, 2014, 07:24:06 pm »

entropy... The world continues to "pass on"
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: September 07, 2014, 08:48:51 pm »

I made it, and tested the ash out.  The ash is on the second floor, on the northeast.  Also some valuable trinkets, and a cheap weapon or two.  And food.

I think this is the right way to post this link:
World

---

I entered town by swimming across the river to decontaminate myself.  The pus from my oozing finger reminded me that I had an infected hangnail; likely to be a deadly affliction in the long term.

The town itself wasn't abandoned completely, it had a thriving meat market, and a few import shops still caught the stray business form the local farms, but the keep and the rest of the place was desolate.  The keep had the desiccated body of the old ruler, crumpled by his throne.  Downstairs, I contemplated braving the sewers.
Placing my stash of heinous ash aside, I stepped into the dungeon with an expectation of loot.

An archer was hiding amoungst the corpses, and with a bit of sadism in my heart I threw some of the ash at him.  Experimentation happened after, wherein I removed his shoes and made him walk through the ash, alas, no confirmed infection occurred, and I was forced to end his life inconclusively.

As I explored, a pikeman charged up some stairs to assault me.  thrown sword in the gullet later, I was admist a sea of large coppr armour, and finely crafted figurines.  a treasure trove, and also good concealment, for there was the ret of the pikeman's band of robbers.

Without an urge to fight, I collected a few of the more eye-catching items and left.  My quest for a better spear had technically succeeded, but only by one tier.  A finely-crafted spear is marginally better than a mediocre spear, however.
On the way out of the town I spotted a mist rolling over the lower houses, an evil looking cloud that undoubtedly signaled the cursed state of this particular region.

The mist rolled to the south, and I followed behind it to my target.  A hamlet on the outskirts of the town had an adventurous goblin, who promptly stunk up the air and made as much racket as you please.  No surprise then, that a groups of kobolds ambushed us.  The goblin did  not survive.

My target was a weak dwarf, easily stabbed with my spear.
Free of my obligations, I went north with an earnest.

Heading north, drinking my own pus and eating my goat meat, I actually overshot my destination, and had to circle around.  I did see some old battlegrounds, however.

I dared not sleep at night, traveling overland at a deliberate pace.  Various monsters still required engagement, but I was deathly afraid of what I didn't see in the dark.

After untold days of slow traveling, I came upon an unavoidable purple-tinted evil biome.  Fast travel was an inappropriate way to study the biome, and so I left it, and what I saw was terrifying.
In an apparent attempt to re-establish their shattered ecosystem, storks and giant sponges attacked the local zombie carp.

Inside of a narrow, oblong, abandoned fort, there was a mountain of forgotten loot, including a gold coffer, a fabulous iron spear, and a good sturdy tin cage.  I took the spear and continued north until I found this odd building

I found a way in, but I grew so uneasy observing the main hall that I left The world slowed down to 35fps in the region, anywho.
For security purposes, I sprinkled the heinous ash around the staircase.

I made it to the museum, and testing can occur!  Our people will be saved . . . oh god, why is everyone dead?
Maybe I need to do my own testing.  Ill try to find somebody in the basement.  In the basement, testing will occur . . .
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:14:07 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: September 07, 2014, 09:58:29 pm »

So basically you've discovered an novocaine analogue... That might really be good for dwarven surgeons.  Well done!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: September 08, 2014, 11:27:31 am »

So basically you've discovered an novocaine analogue... That might really be good for dwarven surgeons.  Well done!

Well shucks, thanks for making me feel better about that.  I was pretty bummed that I was unable to weaponize it, and then when I rolled around in it it didnt do anything terrible.
PKs DF Mod!

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: September 09, 2014, 09:24:22 am »

It might've been me that messed it up with a phoebus tile pack.

Can't really play good without it.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: September 09, 2014, 12:01:34 pm »

Its fine.  With over one hundred players, it was bound to happen.  To fix, all we need to do is restore the tiles to their default.  GPs change the symbols chosen to represent certain objects so that they don't look weird (i.e. more coffins and beds where they shouldn't be).  replacing the affected definition files with the defaults would fix it.

-I may have posted this in another thread.  opps-
PKs DF Mod!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: September 09, 2014, 01:48:55 pm »

The list of museum items has been updated. Huray!

Also, Pisskop, I'm having trouble downloading the file from that link. It only takes me to the login screen of dropbox, and after logging in, it gives me my own dropbox account page. Could you update the link, or upload it to mediafire instead (that site doesn't require people to have an account)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 03:35:59 pm by Bralbaard »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: September 09, 2014, 03:42:24 pm »

Is compressed okay?
Heck, compressed the museum fits on DFFD, @232MB

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zzl5f11zd5mzm1j/The+Museum.zip
PKs DF Mod!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: September 09, 2014, 03:51:18 pm »

Thanks! It's downloading now. I still need to add Tonnot's fortress to the map

I'll send Unraveller a PM

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: September 10, 2014, 04:03:55 pm »

Alright, I'll get ready for my adventure of a lifetime. Probably, Maybe, or I'll die instantly.
I've lost control of my life.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: September 12, 2014, 02:51:14 am »

Here's the updated map, I've finally added Archbreached. It lies on the northwestern corner of the great continent.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:05:38 am by Bralbaard »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: September 12, 2014, 11:39:56 am »

Here's the updated map, I've finally added Archbreached. It lies on the northwestern corner of the great continent.

Can't wait until people find out what kind of arch I breached.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: September 20, 2014, 03:39:24 am »

Any news unraveller? Can you post the save game so the next person can start, you can take some more time to finish the story.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 162