Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you buy Coffee Table books of crayon art and Threetoe stories?

Yes if they were less than $100 USD
Yes if they were less than $50 USD
Yes if they were less than $25 USD
No

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Would you buy Dwarf Fortress Coffee Table Books  (Read 2692 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Would you buy Dwarf Fortress Coffee Table Books
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 02:14:07 pm »

That's actually a pretty cool idea. I know this must have come up before, does anybody have a link to Toady discussing official DF Merch (and the lack thereof?)

I've always assumed that the only reason Toady doesn't have official Merch is because (quite rightly) he didn't want to take time away from programming. This idea is cool because it sounds like something that could be accomplished with a minimum of hassle, and it isn't likely to alter Toady's main revenue stream from the donation model he likes. It could be something he does every couple of years for a nice little bump, and would likely involve less total effort than, say, the Animal Sponsorship drive.

A LOT less effort overall - he had to put code time into implementing all those animals, lol.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)
Pages: 1 [2]