Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36

Author Topic: Adamantine and Slade Science together with physics quirks  (Read 200942 times)

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
Re: Adamantine and Slade Science together with physics quirks
« Reply #510 on: July 03, 2012, 05:43:27 pm »

Another, more research-intensive solution would be to design an entirely new type of car from the ground-up. As we've established, adamantine can be sharpened to a point so fine that it can casually cut through air. So, what you could do is have a car which isn't affect by either lift or downforce. This is entirely implausible if only because it would never, EVER be allowed on the road. Why wouldn't be on the road? Because it's too dwarven.

Challenge accepted.

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BATTLECART]
[NAME:battlecart:battlecarts]
[VALUE:50]
[METAL_WEAPON_MAT]
[TOOL_USE:TRACK_CART]
[FURNITURE]
[TILE:254]
[INVERTED_TILE]
[SIZE:40000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:6]
[CONTAINER_CAPACITY:500000]
[ATTACK:EDGE:100000:10000:slash:slashes:NO_SUB:1000] giant axe trap component

The adamantine battlecart strikes Goblin 1 in the left upper arm and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Works as intended.

Sorry to spoil everyone's fun, but Meph already invented the tracktrap, the spiked/bladed minecart, the slade minecart, etc. Still, yours looks cool too.
The slade bladed minecart?
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 03, 2012, 06:14:38 pm »

Another, more research-intensive solution would be to design an entirely new type of car from the ground-up. As we've established, adamantine can be sharpened to a point so fine that it can casually cut through air. So, what you could do is have a car which isn't affect by either lift or downforce. This is entirely implausible if only because it would never, EVER be allowed on the road. Why wouldn't be on the road? Because it's too dwarven.

Challenge accepted.

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BATTLECART]
[NAME:battlecart:battlecarts]
[VALUE:50]
[METAL_WEAPON_MAT]
[TOOL_USE:TRACK_CART]
[FURNITURE]
[TILE:254]
[INVERTED_TILE]
[SIZE:40000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:6]
[CONTAINER_CAPACITY:500000]
[ATTACK:EDGE:100000:10000:slash:slashes:NO_SUB:1000] giant axe trap component

The adamantine battlecart strikes Goblin 1 in the left upper arm and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Works as intended.

Sorry to spoil everyone's fun, but Meph already invented the tracktrap, the spiked/bladed minecart, the slade minecart, etc. Still, yours looks cool too.
The slade bladed minecart?
No, he added slade as a metal. Hammercarttime!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 10, 2012, 02:27:24 pm »

I just had a horrifying idea; what if slade and adamantine are so paradoxical that thinking about it will cause it to vanish in a puff of logic! We must delete this thread now!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 11, 2012, 12:37:28 am »

I just had a horrifying idea; what if slade and adamantine are so paradoxical that thinking about it will cause it to vanish in a puff of logic! We must delete this thread now!

that means... the HGTTG God has ALL  the sladamantine! GLORY INCREDIBLY VALUABLE MATERIALS TO THE LORD!
There are no words to describe my state of euphoria right now...
euphoric?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 11, 2012, 12:38:23 am »

that means... the HGTTG God has ALL  the sladamantine! GLORY INCREDIBLY VALUABLE MATERIALS TO THE LORD!

We must use this holy/unholy metal to destroy all inferior races.

I'll get the kobolds geared up.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 11, 2012, 01:33:08 am »

Huh? Since when do we put addy into the thread title? Back in my day, we called it 'candy' so we could get those threads who had no idea what it was and lost their fort to it...
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: Adamantine Science and physics quirks
« Reply #516 on: July 12, 2012, 02:11:53 am »

Third. almost hit, then the game crashes. When I re-open it, my fortress was... gone. The entire region file was missing from my DF folder.

That is just...

Words can not describe the awesome.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 12, 2012, 02:32:20 am »

Third. almost hit, then the game crashes. When I re-open it, my fortress was... gone. The entire region file was missing from my DF folder.

That is just...

Words can not describe the awesome.
Has anyone retried this? Or have none survived to tell the tale? Do I Really want a answer?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 12, 2012, 07:01:22 am »

Huh? Since when do we put addy into the thread title? Back in my day, we called it 'candy' so we could get those threads who had no idea what it was and lost their fort to it...
The newbs would never comprehend the science going on in this thread. They will stay safe from safety.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 12, 2012, 09:41:40 am »

Hm, theories on why adamantine + slade seems to kill the entire universe?

My theory is that the universe itself is trying to stop addy and slade combining via minecart crash, but why? What would be worth killing thousands of little Hs, Es and  :)s? I suspect that if we combined them both without crashing it, the multiverse would go puff, or possibly some sort of Dark God would be summoned, or perhaps the barriers between DF and reality would be smashed like glass, or all of the above in reverse order.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 12, 2012, 10:27:58 am »

So, our world would become DF, Armok would be created, and the multiverse would go poof. But Armok would retain his saves when he rebooted the multiverse, and thus he'd play us again.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 12, 2012, 01:28:35 pm »

So, our world would become DF, Armok would be created, and the multiverse would go poof. But Armok would retain his saves when he rebooted the multiverse, and thus he'd play us again.
That sounds vaguely terrifying, If I could understand it, much like all else in this thread.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 12, 2012, 01:42:43 pm »

My theory is that the universe itself is trying to stop addy and slade combining via minecart crash, but why? What would be worth killing thousands of little Hs, Es and  :)s? I suspect that if we combined them both without crashing it, the multiverse would go puff, or possibly some sort of Dark God would be summoned, or perhaps the barriers between DF and reality would be smashed like glass, or all of the above in reverse order.

We. Must. Do this.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 12, 2012, 02:30:30 pm »

If we did that, the person in detail would find out the meaning of the entire universe, making its brain implode dramatically. Sadly, this means that they will be unable to post the result.  :(
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 12, 2012, 03:19:08 pm »

If we did that, the person in detail would find out the meaning of the entire universe, making its brain implode dramatically. Sadly, this means that they will be unable to post the result.  :(
Anyone's brain made of stronger material then grey matter?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36