Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 70676 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arcane Steel

Well, after lurking for some time and only managing to get into two RTDs (I missed most others), I decided to GM one of my own. It is my first one, and it may as well be an utter and complete failure. I swear I'll try and keep this thing updated, but expect a) laziness on weekends, b) random forgetfulness, c) not so bad grammar and vocabulary (English is not my native language and I kind of derp sometimes) and d) Tiruin trying to join in, probably as a celtic warrior (named Tyrin something) he joined, but as a dragoon with a different name. Meh.
Of course, the setup may be sluggish, for fine-tuning reasons.

The Game

The following happened in a world (still planet Earth, though) where some historical events happened differently. Modernization, for an instance, came a bit quicker and even more so for Japan. These historical differences plus some things that (I guess that) do not exist in our plane (magic) moved the gears of History in different ways.

The Background

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Explanations

The Character Sheet

The Kinetic Armor

The Combat

The Status
I'll deal with it.

The Players:

Dwarmin: Knight

Tiruin: Knight

Powder Miner: Knight

Praefectum Screptum: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard - Temporarily out

agentorangesoda: Wizard

Tarran: Wizard

SeriousConcentrate: Wizard

Grunhill: Wizard

The Waitlist - Still accepting

adwarf: No character sheet so far.

borno: No character sheet so far.

Spinal_Taper: Wizard

~~

The waitlist will exist for the case both battle buddies fall. Battle buddies meaning the wizard-knight couple. If only one falls, the remaining will keep on and must honor the fallen. At any !!COST!!.

You can put fluff in your sheet, just don't overdo it. Remember you are young and have accomplished absolutely nothing so far.

ALSO! A note on abilities. If you try anything feasible in Real Life, like taunting or throwing sand in the enemies' eyes (not cool), those will be rolled for success.

For now what I just posted is mostly for the sign up list and interest check. I may decide to simplify or modify some parts later. Tell me what you think about it.
Do not be surprised if I end up tweaking things mid-play, because I may do it. By joining this you forsake your souls to me.
I was also thinking about rolling I will be rolling for weapon, armor and relic. If you roll 5 or 6 for one of these categories, you get a nice heirloom from your family. They will already be named according to their nature/your coat of arms and they may also have titles (which you can pile up with your achievements).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 02:16:26 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Interest Check and Signup Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 06:51:39 am »

Name: Adrienne Alanamont
Knight: Chevalière
Appearance: Adrienne is a beautiful, intense woman, with long and dark red hair (though, her hair is usually shaved before battle), and dark green eyes. She looks fairly stern, and her build and stance betray no weakness of body or thought-if anything, it bespeaks of passion and arrogance. When not in battle kit, Adrienne tends to dress conservatively, but somewhat casual-favoring open throated shirts and flared trousers, often in earth tones. Her plated armor is light, unecumbering and well made, rounded off at the corners-masking her womanhood in the middle of battle-all except her eyes, being she prefers a slitted helm for full vision.

The Alanamont coat of arms is a circlet of filigreed gold, with a crown at the head, around a pool of red.

Characteristics: Arrogant, Passionate, Uncompromising

Horse: She prefers a Light Warhorse-her favorite, being "Lernea"

Weapons (and shields): Main weapons: Longsword/round shield, otherwise prefers a Bec-De-Corbin when mounted, which she wields with unnatural grace. Others: Dueling Pistol (unfired), Crossbow

Leaving a child behind: No. Adrienne has left that 'business' to her lesser sisters and brothers, having not found anyone worthy of her as of yet.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:14:42 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 09:13:17 am »

Name: Wilhelmina van Oranje
Mage, speciality: Weather; Wind/Water.
Appearance: Tall- very tall. Long brown hair (loose); blue eyes; pale skin. Dresses in simple, elegant gowns. For this journey; a plain white dress, and a leather cloak, pale orange in hue. Her family crest is an orange lion upon a white field, ridged by banners of red and blue. The family motto- Oranje zal herrijzen- is emblazoned below the lion.
Characteristics: Very friendly (too friendly?); polite; has little patience for problems- has a short temper; exceptional perseverance- not strong, but will keep fighting no matter what.
Horse: Light warhorse.
Weapons: Main weapons: Staff (gilded hardwood), Magic. Others: Brace of pistols.
Leaving a child behind: No.
Long Live United Forenia!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 11:21:51 am »

...d) Tiruin trying to join in, probably as a celtic warrior (named Tyrin something).
(Who the-...what?! How am I mentioned there out of everyone else? It was random I tell you!

Also, don't worry about how proficient you are in a language, what matters is how you work with it.

And...I lost track of what type of knight was needed so I went with the next idea.)

« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:44:23 am by Tiruin »

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 12:15:23 pm »

Name: Ktimbi
Mage: African Shaman
Appearance: A jet black man of average build with long orange hair that cooperates with his woolly beard to form a mock lion's mane. His irises are a fiery red, a rare genetic mutation specific to his caste of shamans.  He wears the traditional shaman garb: pelts of slain animals and various herbal trinkets adorn his person. He wears a crown of human wisdom teeth, one pulled from each eligible member of his tribe, which he claims contains the combined spiritual energy of his people's souls. The crest of his shamanistic family is, curiously, a mongoose encircled by cobras. One is crushed underfoot whilst the other hangs limp in the mongoose's jaw.
Characteristics: Quiet, Unwilling Participant, Incoherent
Horse: Light warhorse, drawing a cart of reagents.
Weapons: Carries a caduceus which has been passed down for generations. His tribe claims an ancient ancestor won the staff from Hermes himself. Upon each shaman's death, his successor fills a container with his own blood and places the severed head inside. The new shaman will now be protected for the rest of his natural life by his spirit so long as the container is kept close. The case that the previous shaman had kept is then dashed upon the ground, allowing his protector to be finally free from his burden.
Leaving a child behind: As is tradition, upon ascension, a shaman will impregnate a host of women until one gives birth to a child containing the rare genetic disease. The shaman is always male, (it is a y-linked gene). Ktimbi knows he has many children waiting for him at home and has met none of them, but he knows one bears the gift. In the event of a shaman dying without any heirs, all of his immediate kin will attempt to replicate the gene in their own future offspring through ritual until another shaman is born.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 01:05:31 pm »

I ask of you: would you prefer a list with three of your basic skills (as said before, you will not be restricted to this, though) like this one:
-Some- abilities to be noted:
If you think I'm the weakest link... you will be sorry... weakling!
Or would you prefer to go around trying to discover what you can do with what you have?
-Also, as a note, horseback charges are generally a terror against most footmen when these are not carrying pikes. And sometimes even pikes won't save them.
-And...I will roll for the heirlooms. Those will be my pick though.

When writing NUKE character's skills, I had a faint image on my mind of Wilhelmina foaming from the mouth because of a huge rock blocking the road. It may not be accurate, but it was fun.

Should I add two more people?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 04:08:54 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 01:18:04 pm »

Spoiler: Wizza! (click to show/hide)
Hm, feels quite short to me, but then again you never gave us a place to describe any fluff so...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 02:18:05 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 01:29:48 pm »

I like that way Caellath, listed right off. Also, I approve of my basic skills. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 02:15:19 pm »

Added my character by the way, Caellath.

Yay for sword-wielding gun-totting german-english fire mage!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Signup Thread (1 Spot Left)
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 09:44:27 pm »

I will feel a little guilty afterwards, but here I am bumping the thread in the hopes one person fills in the last vacant spot.

Also, we will be starting with six, but I plan on raising that number as soon as I get this going steadily..

Ah, and what do you think of your currently assigned passives?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:46:04 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 09:47:54 pm »

DID I HEAR VACANT SPOTI AMFILLINGSHEETHERGADERGA

Name: April Eplock
Knight: Gunslinger (or if you prefer (that time's) modernized warrior or something of the sort.)
Appearance: April Eploc is a slim woman of average height, although very, very young for a knight. She is relatively attractive, ((mumble mumble I added that part to stay true to my earliest description of her)) with dark green eyes and braided fiery orange hair which ends in a ponytail. She wears non-restrictive pastel yellow clothing (like skirts, and simple shirts, she prefers comfort over fashion) under her armor, which is (kinda) light chainmail which covers pretty much all of her (all but the head and hands (she prefers these unobstructed, and even the head has a hood.), with a thin leather backing underneath. Her coat of arms is a young, growing leaf.
Characteristics: Very cheerful, Optimistic, Reckless, Silly, Thrill-Seeking.
Horse: Light Horse, her name is Ellene.
Weapons (and shields): Main weapons: Hand firearm (not sure what it would be in this age), Shortsword.
Leaving a child behind: "No. I'm only 18 god get away from me you creep"
>.> <.<
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:17:12 pm by Powder Miner »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 09:54:06 pm »

Those passives are finely done! (One-shot Javelin?!) I can imagine my knight running headfirst with weapon raised into a battalion of soldiers just to pluck the Javelin out of their leader's corpse.

Still, wondering why mention specifically me?  :P

I've a feeling this is going to be hilariously fun.

Edit: About the addition of two others, if interest is enough and the final decision lying with you, GM.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:49:56 pm by Tiruin »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 09:55:34 pm »

Ah, and what do you think of your currently assigned passives?
The name for my first one is quite... poor, in my opinion.

As for my negative, I'm unsure. I mean, while my guy would be trusting, I'm not sure he'd trust a silvertongue if said silvertongue was a known jackass or is being illogical as my guy, while trusting, is not an idiot. Also, the name is poor.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Signup Thread (0 Spot Left)
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 10:12:51 pm »

How about now? How about now?
I was kind of unsure as what to use, as most of the others have crippling weaknesses.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:19:13 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Signup Thread (0 Spot Left)
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 10:15:59 pm »

It's fine, though "Barbecue on the making sounds"... strange due to the "on". Is the "on" intentional, or did you mean "in", as in "Barbecue in the making"?

And, why are you bolding? I don't think we'd ignore your posts.

Also, as for being unsure, remember that I am also "insensitive".
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:18:58 pm by Tarran »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46