Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mad video game ideas you just had  (Read 3379 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad video game ideas you just had
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 02:09:46 pm »

I want a game where you suddenly develop psionics in a modern city type environment--like GTA or that one game where you are in a city and control electricity.

However...

I don't want a shooter/car tossing/big explosion type thing--that has been done already.  Instead you are a mind-controller. You can possess others, convert them into servants and make them fight and die for you.  Your powers are subtle, invisible and very morally problematic.  You can do good or ill, or get rich, or try to become ruler of the world. Early on it would be a lot of playing around with your powers in a sandbox environment.  later on  a paraoind, strategic quest against your enemies.

Depending on your actions the game tries to stop you, hunt you, people either admire you, fear you or found cults dedicated to grabbing your attention.

I think it i'd be fun anyway
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 02:22:37 pm »

I'd like to see an actual "Instant win button" game, if only to see if people would actually play it.

I'd charge a dollar to let people hit the button right away.  Any one who doesn't pay has to wait at least a minute.  Add in a leaderboard that tracks how many times people have won and I've got a game that is mentally equivalent to most free to play games.  :D

Would you believe that's exactly how Angry Birds works?  There's an "instant win button" that basically clears the map, but you have to pay money to use it, for when you hit levels you don't feel like figuring out.  I was astounded by the sheer audacity when I saw it.

And that my mother had like $10 credit in it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 02:39:01 pm »

I'd like to see an actual "Instant win button" game, if only to see if people would actually play it.

I'd charge a dollar to let people hit the button right away.  Any one who doesn't pay has to wait at least a minute.  Add in a leaderboard that tracks how many times people have won and I've got a game that is mentally equivalent to most free to play games.  :D

Would you believe that's exactly how Angry Birds works?  There's an "instant win button" that basically clears the map, but you have to pay money to use it, for when you hit levels you don't feel like figuring out.  I was astounded by the sheer audacity when I saw it.

And that my mother had like $10 credit in it.

Amazing.   :o
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 04:28:07 pm »

I used to make short games on RM2K long ago, one of which you were a waiter and had to do a day's work at a restaurant under the time limit. Replacing utensils, placing napkins, bringing the food to the right people. It was never a serious project, but that idea of a game is still stuck in my mind.
My post ends here.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 04:59:51 pm »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 07:02:28 pm »

A Dating Sim ASCII Visual Novel set in the world of LCS, where you play a CCS newbie trying to both (unsuccessfully) impress his boss and to find his conservative soulmate.

That would be.. quite interesting..
And maybe implement some strategy elements such as in Sengoku Rance?

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 02:28:44 pm »

Well, today I discovered that 'itanimulli.com' (Illuminati spelled backwords, obviously) redirects to the NSA website. This is apparently a hoax perpetrated by some computer nerd somewhere. It's pretty hilarious, actually, and I'm sure it's freaked out a fair number of conspiracy whackos.

That got me thinking, though... it would be ridiculously fun to create a videogame where you play as a conspiracy theorist... except all the conspiracies really are real. Washington D.C. is run by a bunch of occultists, aliens are secretly spying on us, every weird death in the history of the US (and elsewhere) really WAS an assassination by (?), people are mind-controlled by half of the devices they use on a daily basis. On top of that, the moon landings were staged, and so were most of the other major disasters in US history. And the real ones were covered up. So, naturally, your job is to keep a low profile, find other 'sane' individuals, and build a network so that you can eventually topple the dark forces of (?) that are out there controlling the world. And you have to decide/find out which of your contacts are on your side, and which ones are just planted by the New World Order...

It'd be like a game where you play as the Milkman.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:30:37 pm by Lord Dullard »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 01:53:00 am »

That got me thinking, though... it would be ridiculously fun to create a videogame where you play as a conspiracy theorist... except all the conspiracies really are real. Washington D.C. is run by a bunch of occultists, aliens are secretly spying on us, every weird death in the history of the US (and elsewhere) really WAS an assassination by (?), people are mind-controlled by half of the devices they use on a daily basis. On top of that, the moon landings were staged, and so were most of the other major disasters in US history. And the real ones were covered up. So, naturally, your job is to keep a low profile, find other 'sane' individuals, and build a network so that you can eventually topple the dark forces of (?) that are out there controlling the world. And you have to decide/find out which of your contacts are on your side, and which ones are just planted by the New World Order...
That's actually a large part of the lore and story from the

As for my reason for posting here: I had an interesting idea late at night while listening to some Touhou music: A bullet hell game without graphics. In a traditional bullet hell game, you depend upon your vision of these projectiles to determine where you are in relation to them and to move accordingly. I then remembered binaural sound effects like those used in the virtual barbershop. Now, imagine, instead of having a character avoiding brightly lit particles flying across the screen, you have particles making some sort of noise. With a passable emulation of these binaural effects (shouldn't be too hard; it's mostly sound delay and sound volume), one could possibly create a bullet-hell game unlike any other (so far as I know), which would require no visuals at all. The binaural sound would give all the indication of location and movement necessary to create bullet-hell gameplay. It would also still allow for the artistry of the particle effects seen in bullet hells; though in the form of deadly music rather than visual patterns.

Though the other interesting thing that comes up is this: one could theoretically play a traditional bullet-hell at the same time without requiring a single sense (visual) to switch back and fourth between 2 games. It would be quite interesting to try though.

I may actually try implementing this at some point if I have time. Not that I ever have time for anything these days.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:55:46 am by alway »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 08:33:02 am »

Randomly generated everything first person survival adventure set on a planet. Physics based randomly generated creatures, physics based everything gameplay, a weapon would be picking something tough up and then start bashing at those terrific randomly generated creatures, for food, for survival.
Patience, working on it :P

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 [2]