Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 184324 times)

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 02:26:40 pm »

ebbor, I think this bonus mission is still buggy.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2012, 02:46:08 pm »

I hate the cash store. Paying for pinecones is so annoying.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2012, 02:51:53 pm »

Okay, so I managed to get past the Manotaur, but I seriously doubt it was a method the developers intended:

So, I started off with a Taunt about him being basically a man with the body of a cow and another one about his mother, which, even though I have Aggravation maxed and had the Tome of Disses equipped, shouldn't have been enough to Enrage him, but somehow I managed to get 2 crit successes in a row. So, of course, he charged at me, but I managed to get out my Stun Mittens just in time to stop him. Of course, I knew that wouldn't last long (the Stun Mittens' stun is pitifully short, their only saving feature is that they'll work on just about anything), so I quickly got to work laying down a Sticky Tarp, and the stun wore off just as I finished. So he came towards me, walking over the Sticky Tarp, and I had rather stupidly just put myself into a dead-end, with him blocking off the only path. I knew he'd get free of the Sticky Tarp eventually, so I decided to run, using the ClickBeetle to fly over his head. Just at that moment, I flashed pink, and chickens appeared from out of nowhere, swarmed around the Manotaur, and pecked him to death.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2012, 02:55:00 pm »

Okay, so I managed to get past the Manotaur, but I seriously doubt it was a method the developers intended:

So, I started off with a Taunt about him being basically a man with the body of a cow and another one about his mother, which, even though I have Aggravation maxed and had the Tome of Disses equipped, shouldn't have been enough to Enrage him, but somehow I managed to get 2 crit successes in a row. So, of course, he charged at me, but I managed to get out my Stun Mittens just in time to stop him. Of course, I knew that wouldn't last long (the Stun Mittens' stun is pitifully short, their only saving feature is that they'll work on just about anything), so I quickly got to work laying down a Sticky Tarp, and the stun wore off just as I finished. So he came towards me, walking over the Sticky Tarp, and I had rather stupidly just put myself into a dead-end, with him blocking off the only path. I knew he'd get free of the Sticky Tarp eventually, so I decided to run, using the ClickBeetle to fly over his head. Just at that moment, I flashed pink, and chickens appeared from out of nowhere, swarmed around the Manotaur, and pecked him to death.
I think you screwed up a quest trigger with that.

You are supposed to run past him at first with a potion of invisibility, and later return with the help of the chickens.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 02:57:18 pm »

Oh, the chickens; it may only work with the ones summoned by the Staff of Fowl (I don't know if anyone's on the questline now, so I don't want to spoil how you get it), but there's a glitch where if you start summoning them, save, exit, and reload, they're invincible until they get unsummoned (enemy mages can still get rid of them with the Kick Chicken spell, though).

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 03:05:14 pm »

Guys, I kinda have a problem with the Hydroc-boss thing. I accidentally left the bait-food unguarded and the peasants from the woods came and ate them. I managed to capture three of them, but the Hydroc doesn't care. Is there any way to get to his nest without him bombing my party to death anymore?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2012, 03:06:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the devs said the cash store was actually a bug, though don't quote me on that.

Oh, the chickens; it may only work with the ones summoned by the Staff of Fowl (I don't know if anyone's on the questline now, so I don't want to spoil how you get it), but there's a glitch where if you start summoning them, save, exit, and reload, they're invincible until they get unsummoned (enemy mages can still get rid of them with the Kick Chicken spell, though).
Does the Kick Chicken spell work on any kind of chicken? Because that could be quite useful.

I think you screwed up a quest trigger with that.

You are supposed to run past him at first with a potion of invisibility, and later return with the help of the chickens.
Well, I made it past him regardless, so now I'm out of the labyrinth and I've finally made it to the Frost giant cave.

EDIT: Okay, the Giant is mad at me for some reason. Any ideas why?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I figured it out: he's upset because I made a pass at his wife.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2012, 03:12:34 pm »

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the devs said the cash store was actually a bug, though don't quote me on that.

Then who did I give my credit card number to?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2012, 03:14:00 pm »

So I've made it into Sector 15...I think.

It's really dark and none of my Emittance items seem to be throwing light like they should be, and I hear something moving around outside a tiny bolthole I found. Any ideas?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2012, 03:15:58 pm »

Then who did I give my credit card number to?
They said it was a very sophisticated bug, though I suppose it is possible that they're just trying to save face since it was such a poorly receive part of the game.

It's really dark and none of my Emittance items seem to be throwing light like they should be, and I hear something moving around outside a tiny bolthole I found. Any ideas?
Do you have a Snake Golem that would fit through? Because I think I read somewhere that you can add a Surveillance Gem to one of those and sync it up to a Monitor Veil to see what it sees.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 03:22:53 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2012, 03:29:42 pm »

Do you have a Snake Golem that would fit through? Because I think I read somewhere that you can add a Surveillance Gem to one of those and sync it up to a Monitor Veil to see what it sees.
That won't work, the Golem will be just as blind.
Oddly, you're not supposed to actually complete Sector 15 until you defeat the Brood Mare Hive in Sector 23 and turn the star metal you get as a reward into a lantern of everburning.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2012, 03:45:18 pm »

meh, I sold the Star Metal to afford the Machine Parts
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So I just equipped the Fire Suit for light, although it used pinecones faster than usual, I rushed the level and got through.  I think I missed an item though; the Light Warden at the beginning of 18 has beat me a couple of times now.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2012, 03:55:08 pm »

So, I just got this game today, and I was wondering if anybody had a trainer and/or cheat codes yet?

I don't want to have to spend 10 hours grinding Firerock Rats just to get a Gleaming Shard.

There was a rumor on PA's boards that Ctrl+F1+F12+?+D+right-click would open up a dev console, but no one's been able to test it out yet because you'd need seven fingers. And that new DRM scheme it uses prevents more than one user from making input so you can't have a friend do the mouse click.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2012, 03:55:31 pm »

The newest patch is oddly buggy and crashes frequently, someone at GGC forums adviced me to try older version, which Ive been playing ever since without problems. Does anyone else have this problem?
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 04:00:26 pm »

So, I just got this game today, and I was wondering if anybody had a trainer and/or cheat codes yet?

I don't want to have to spend 10 hours grinding Firerock Rats just to get a Gleaming Shard.

There was a rumor on PA's boards that Ctrl+F1+F12+?+D+right-click would open up a dev console, but no one's been able to test it out yet because you'd need seven fingers. And that new DRM scheme it uses prevents more than one user from making input so you can't have a friend do the mouse click.
It works. Only on laptops with touchpads though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 134