Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: oh so corpsey  (Read 792 times)

AfroScotsDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • AfroScotsDwarf, the scotish cyclops with a thirst
    • View Profile
oh so corpsey
« on: March 13, 2012, 08:36:41 pm »

i have noticed that the area outside of my main entrance has become increasingly goblin/troll/pet animal corpsey. i do have a rather large volcano full of hot stuff at my disposal, im just wondering if i set a dump ontop of an open space of magma, will my wee dwarfys feel like abit of warm water skinny dipping with the corpses they are meant to dump? or are there some suggestions on corpse-removal?
"i would rather consume nutrition which has become FUKIN MAED GON HOT BY DA FIRE." Edward on hot food
 ಠ_ೃ

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: oh so corpsey
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 02:47:16 am »

No, they'll dump them perfectly happily. They always dump from, if I remember correctly, the topleft-most corner or your dump. I often use Magma for fast waste removal. Atom smashing also works well.

Watch out for fire imps if you have them. Also, remember to set dwarves to collect refuse from outside in the orders menu.

AfroScotsDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 06:15:13 am »

so if i were to set up a 1x1 dump on a magma square, they wont jump into the magma?
"i would rather consume nutrition which has become FUKIN MAED GON HOT BY DA FIRE." Edward on hot food
 ಠ_ೃ

el Indio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 07:31:11 am »

You need  to set your garbage dump on a tile the dwarves can stand on.  If an adjacent tile is open space over your volcano, the dwarves will dump into the volcano. 

AfroScotsDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 06:12:32 pm »

ooooooooh right thanks
 ಠ_ೃ