Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - E3 - Game Over - Scum Victory  (Read 78987 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - E3 - Game Over - Scum Victory
« Reply #375 on: April 26, 2012, 05:02:13 am »

Hmm i guess it's also time for me to make the next BM.

I'll try to whip up an OP as fast as I can.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 26, 2012, 05:36:51 am »

Well, Bah. I'm never able to play well as town anything.

Good game, scum. Good game, all.

Eagerly awaiting BM XXXIII with tears.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 26, 2012, 05:40:13 am »

Re-read scum chat.

I am the worst townie ever.  :'(

Edit: Dariush hasn't answered about his actions, and that is what is still going on my mind. How does one teach, by RiA?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:50:13 am by Tiruin »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 26, 2012, 06:06:04 am »

One doesn't.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 26, 2012, 12:47:59 pm »

Edit: Dariush hasn't answered about his actions, and that is what is still going on my mind. How does one teach, by RiA?

It's been handled. Dariush will not be an IC in future Beginner's Mafias.

One doesn't.

Regardless of what Dariush did, you made sport out of excessively and abusively bashing him and provoking him, and then demand he take it sitting down because he was an IC. This is not the sort of way I appreciate my ICs being treated, and it's not any way I want to see any player being treated in games elsewhere on the subforum.

Don't be a dick.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 26, 2012, 02:55:09 pm »

Regardless of what Dariush did, you made sport out of excessively and abusively bashing him and provoking him, and then demand he take it sitting down because he was an IC. This is not the sort of way I appreciate my ICs being treated, and it's not any way I want to see any player being treated in games elsewhere on the subforum.

Don't be a dick.

I was merely trying to win the game, and psychologically exploiting Dariush seemed like a good strategy. My intent was solely to win this game, never to mentally harm Dariush, and I sincerely apologize for any lasting damage I might have caused in the process (not that I'd expect there to be any). But this is Mafia we're talking about, right? Are you seriously saying that I shouldn't have attacked Dariush that hard? Do you want me to go easy on your ICs? People don't play Mafia to exchange pleasantries, and it won't be fun if I can't play at my full strength. Perhaps it will please you to know that I don't show this behaviour outside of Mafia, but you can't place any restrictions on how I behave in a Mafia game (although you may feel free to attack my behaviour in-game). Okay?

Also, it's kinda ironic when you say that I shouldn't abuse the abusive guy.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 26, 2012, 03:24:45 pm »

Don't be a dick.

I was merely trying to win the game, and psychologically exploiting Dariush seemed like a good strategy. My intent was solely to win this game, never to mentally harm Dariush, and I sincerely apologize for any lasting damage I might have caused in the process (not that I'd expect there to be any). But this is Mafia we're talking about, right? Are you seriously saying that I shouldn't have attacked Dariush that hard? Do you want me to go easy on your ICs? People don't play Mafia to exchange pleasantries, and it won't be fun if I can't play at my full strength. Perhaps it will please you to know that I don't show this behaviour outside of Mafia, but you can't place any restrictions on how I behave in a Mafia game (although you may feel free to attack my behaviour in-game). Okay?

Also, it's kinda ironic when you say that I shouldn't abuse the abusive guy.

I have my doubts that you (or anyone, really) could mentally harm Dariush. 

Having said that, and without doing a full re-read of the thread, I have difficulty pinning much blame on Magma here.  As I recall from keeping up with this game, Dariush was much more ... colorful and provoking in his speech. 

And ... [okay, I've rewitten this several times, so I'll just cut it to the bone] as something for everyone to keep in mind for the future, one can play aggressively and "not hold back" without having to delve into heavy insults and personal attacks.  This kind of game can make you act like an asshole at times, but let's try and be civil assholes, mm?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 26, 2012, 03:36:51 pm »

This kind of game can make you act like an asshole at times, but let's try and be civil assholes, mm?
When am I not?

Okay, when I drop the civility, but otherwise...

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 26, 2012, 04:15:32 pm »

I have my doubts that you (or anyone, really) could mentally harm Dariush. 

I have them too.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 26, 2012, 04:20:48 pm »

Dariush's ego is bulletproof. His problem is that he lets it get in the way of playing well.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - D3 - I Think The Mod Doesn't Know Irony [5/9]
« Reply #385 on: April 30, 2012, 03:48:49 pm »

Something I almost forgot about:

Hey Strategia,
I'm switching to borno and Phibes as the most likely scumteam.
how come?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 30, 2012, 10:00:47 pm »

As this is bump'd, I'd say Strategia and the rest of the town had a good play!

Turned the tables later in Day 3 though, that was good work.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]