Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Game Over. The Emperor Remains Immortal  (Read 47859 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Day 1! For Earth!
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2012, 09:35:55 am »

Dariush: Assuming you were a...persuader of some sort (how do you call those that can convert to their faction in general?), on what grounds would you tread on to pick your recruit?
The most experienced guy in sight.

Dariush, Why is Toaster orange instead of blue?
Can you imagine a blue toaster? It would look totally ridiculous.

Simple, who would you least prefer as a scumbuddy?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2012, 11:27:11 am »

Toaster: As the newbie I clearly am, I'd have to say the Hunter//Killer, because double kills are a massive pain in the ass, either with the scum using it constantly or the scum saving it for a surprise LYLO breaker.

Ottofar: Doc. The odds are greater that I'll hit town instead of scum. Not to mention that roleblocker can be actively harmful against the town if done wrong.

Servant Corps: Let's say you're a Rebel Persuader. How would you pick your targets so that you don't hit either officers or cybrids?

Bookthras: Do you think the Overseer is going to make an appearance again? Knowing that there's a Snowman around, is it worth paying attention to him?

Phantom of the Library: Who would you want most on your team as a Cybrid?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2012, 11:31:51 am »

Dariush:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seems devilishly handsome to me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2012, 11:52:59 am »

@Tiruin: Why the first ability is such a big deal ?
Also i omitted Imperial just to make you ask me about that so i could see how you react on that.

@Dariush: Least ? Probably someone who's not in the same timezone or someone who's rather silent on the quicktopic.
But i can't say there's someone who i would definitely do not want as a scumbuddy. Oh ,i guess someone who's N1 kill magnet could be a bit worse too.

Toaster: Blue one looks malevolent.Also: what's do you think is more likely if we play bad : Rebel win or Cybrid win ?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2012, 11:57:29 am »

@Tiruin: Why the first ability is such a big deal ?
Also i omitted Imperial just to make you ask me about that so i could see how you react on that.
What first ability?

If you mean my answer to your question, I just stated that because Cybrids have a different power set than Rebels and Imperials, as far as I could guess from Cybrid Mafia II, being the only set of roles known. I like variance.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2012, 11:59:02 am »

Simple:  I can't help but notice your "subtle" attempt to group yourself with the Imperial side, there.

To answer your question literally, if your scum team plays badly it'll probably best for the Imperials as the other faction will be pouncing on your missteps.  To answer the question you meant to ask, probably the Cybrid side- the human infighting will allow them to accomplish their goals in the background.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2012, 12:08:57 pm »

Phantom of The Library: What faction seems to be the most powerful to you?
Cybrids.  Their conversion ability in addition to the fact that every one of them has a role of some sort can make them extremely deadly if they play right.

Phantom, The Emperor or the King?
Please clarify, are you asking me if I'd rather be The Emporer or if I'd rather have him crown me King, or which one I like the sound of better?

Phantom of the Library: Who would you want most on your team as a Cybrid?
Preferably someone with experience, although if I was the converter then I would go for the player who looked the cleanest at that point in time.  At the moment the only person I'd have a preference over might be Toaster, as he taught me how to play as mafia.

Servant Corps: If you were a rebel, which role would you prefer?

Toonyman: Why are you so concerned about the colors right now? The colors may or may not have meaning, but we can't draw any conclusions on what they mean until we have more information.  Also, why did you claim town immediately?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2012, 12:50:49 pm »

Please stand for an address by His Imperial Majesty

Good morning, loyal citizens and scum maggots alike. As you know, we are under siege by some unidentified forces, as well as that quaint little rebellion we have tolerated within our ranks for a while. This seditious activity must end.

We are pleased to see you work towards the unmasking of these traitors. Carry on.

To aid in your efforts, we will deign to answer a few questions posed to us. We also may impart additional information and wisdom as the struggle progresses.

Toaster:
Book:  How will your status as confirmed town affect your scum hunting strategy?
It is beneath me to soil my hands with scum. I will leave most of that to you citizens (and traitors). But I will of course demand answers to questions I feel need clarification, and will make accusations if traitorous intentions can be seen behind people's words.

Think:
Bookthras: Do you think the Overseer is going to make an appearance again? Knowing that there's a Snowman around, is it worth paying attention to him?
I shot that little twerp some time ago, so I hope not.

Also, a clarification. As that pesky narrator said earlier, it is within our power to grant lynch-decision power to a single citizen per day. But we do not intend to confer this ability easily; you should assume that lynches will happen based only on your votes. However, your Emperor is nothing if not attentive and magnanimous, so if you have suggestions or requests, feel free to voice them. We will take them under advisement.

Now go forth and find the scum! FOR EARTH!

For a man who has moved mountains, it is no great feat to crush a worm.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2012, 01:09:34 pm »

Phantom

Phantom, The Emperor or the King?
Please clarify, are you asking me if I'd rather be The Emporer or if I'd rather have him crown me King, or which one I like the sound of better?

The first. Why not answer them both instead of asking this.

Toaster

Ottofar:  PGO.  I get nightkilled far more often than I get lynched.

Given that neither of those roles exist in this gametype, what did you hope to gain from that question?

Information on your alignment.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2012, 01:27:21 pm »

Gonna answer some common rule clarifications I keep getting asked.

No PMs between players allowed. Anyone with the ability to message other players, should they exist, will do so through me, and I will pass the message on. Anyone without such an ability is totally out of luck.

There are no hammers.

The emperor can not be lynched.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2012, 01:32:59 pm »

Toonyman: Why are you so concerned about the colors right now? The colors may or may not have meaning, but we can't draw any conclusions on what they mean until we have more information.  Also, why did you claim town immediately?
It's the first thing to go on for today!  Don't willy-wagger your sappy wand of emotions around me mister!  Are you claiming scum??  That would be quite good for us.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2012, 03:27:04 pm »

Servant Corps: If you were a rebel, which role would you prefer?
Martyr. If you are being a target of a lynch, you can use its Daykill ability to still serve the Rebellion (they are more non-rebels than they are rebels), while at the same time not ending the day, so that the non-Cybrids can still continue to hunt Cybrids.

Quote from: Tiriun
Servant Corps: Let's say you are a Cybrid, if you would choose, what role-type are you most likely to pick and why?
Machinator//Infiltrator. You get to choose your scumteam, and thus can receive backup and assistance from them. Machinator//Parasite also allows you to choose your scum, but it's essentially a serial killer; one lucky lynch, and the role's out of the game.

Quote from: Think0028
Servant Corps: Let's say you're a Rebel Persuader. How would you pick your targets so that you don't hit either officers or cybrids?
I don't. I would honestly be too paranoid to pick targets accurately, so I wouldn't do so unless I'm absolutely certain the person is not an officer/cybrid. And by absolutely certain, I mean we're at endgame and everyone (officers and cybrids included) roleclaimed. Then I would begin selecting non-officers targets, in the hopes of swaying enough votes to win.

Simple:  I can't help but notice your "subtle" attempt to group yourself with the Imperial side, there.

To answer your question literally, if your scum team plays badly it'll probably best for the Imperials as the other faction will be pouncing on your missteps.  To answer the question you meant to ask, probably the Cybrid side- the human infighting will allow them to accomplish their goals in the background.
Toaster: What would the main benefit for a player to group himself with the Imperial side (assuming he is not actually an Imperial)?

Simple: Suppose you are a Rebel Guard. Who would you guard (if any)?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2012, 03:48:14 pm »

PFP
Phantom

PhantomThe Emperor or the King?

The first. Why not answer them both instead of asking this.
Because I needed to hurry up and finish the post. I was PFPing and forgot to mark it as such.
Now for the actual answer to the question: I would rather be Emperor than King, because I like fhe idea of not having a vote, but the ability to grant a lynch decision much more than the ability to use said lynch decision.

It's the first thing to go on for today!  Don't willy-wagger your sappy wand of emotions around me mister!  Are you claiming scum??  That would be quite good for us.
There are other things to go on, like regular RVS questions for instance. 
What would give idea that I am claiming scum?  If it's my questioning why you claimed to be imperial first thing:
There are two.main ways of looking at the game:
   1. Everyone is town until proven scum.
This the way that I view the game.  With this view claiming town  is useless because everyone is already assumed to be town, doing so simply makes it look like your scum eager to pretend that he/she is town.

2. Everyone is scum until proven town.
In this view claiming town is still useless as you either seem to again be scum eager to appear town, or incompetent town.

Asking someone why they claimed town does not imply that they are claiming the opposite.

You have also failed to answer my question.  Unless you meant that your claiming town was the first thing to go on today. In which case you still failed to answer why you were so concerned about the colors.

Also: "Willy-wagger your sappy wand of emotions"

What....

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2012, 03:49:37 pm »

What first ability?

If you mean my answer to your question, I just stated that because Cybrids have a different power set than Rebels and Imperials, as far as I could guess from Cybrid Mafia II, being the only set of roles known. I like variance.
Well i assumed you meant that this single ability you mentioned (power-stealing inspect?) in some way made you choose cybrids over rebels.My mistake then.

I'm not good at being subtle so that's probably just my poor writing skills. And i don't like how you interpret literally here.

Simple: Suppose you are a Rebel Guard. Who would you guard (if any)?
Rebel Guard ? I guess nobody at the beginning, it would be pretty useless. If i would get access to rebel chat i guess guarding next convert target could be marginally useful.Meh i actually don't see much use of guard for the rebels the whole public guarding thing makes it bit easy to check for town.

Think: Let's say you can kill Cybrid or a Rebel on N1. Which one would you choose ?

Phantom of the Library: Who would be like to see as your rebelbuddy ? Who would you mark as a prime threat as a cybrid ?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2012, 05:06:12 pm »

Unvote

Phantom of the Library: Who would be like to see as your rebelbuddy ?
I honestly don't know at this point, I haven't played with many of the players here.  One of the more experienced players would  certainly be preferable, but that's a given.  I'd have to see how everyone's playing and how they appear before I could say which ones I would prefer.

Who would you mark as a prime threat as a cybrid ?
Other than the emporer?
Anyone with an ability to block conversion.  If I were playing as cybrid my primary strategy would be to convert any who might be a threat or could be used to easily sway opinion due to how clean they look.  A player with the ability to resist conversion would be the greatest threat to that strategy.  Doubly so if they're confirmed town.
As for any actual players?  As I said before, I haven't seen enough to form an opinion yet.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18