Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Game Over. The Emperor Remains Immortal  (Read 47858 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Day 1! For Earth!
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2012, 06:14:48 pm »

We got ourselves a shit talker.  Let's try to break this down.

Toonyman: Why are you so concerned about the colors right now? The colors may or may not have meaning, but we can't draw any conclusions on what they mean until we have more information.  Also, why did you claim town immediately?
It's the first thing to go on for today!  Don't willy-wagger your sappy wand of emotions around me mister!  Are you claiming scum??  That would be quite good for us.
There are other things to go on, like regular RVS questions for instance.
You can do that if you like, I have a better method I think since it's actual and real.

What would give idea that I am claiming scum?
You asked me why I claimed town, should we claim something different scum sir?

If it's my questioning why you claimed to be imperial first thing:
There are two.main ways of looking at the game:
   1. Everyone is town until proven scum.
This the way that I view the game.  With this view claiming town  is useless because everyone is already assumed to be town, doing so simply makes it look like your scum eager to pretend that he/she is town.
   2. Everyone is scum until proven town.
In this view claiming town is still useless as you either seem to again be scum eager to appear town, or incompetent town.
This is useless word filler, thanks for that.

Asking someone why they claimed town does not imply that they are claiming the opposite.
Ah, but you see there are "unspoken" words in all of ours posts.  It it by finding these subtleties do we catch scum.

You have also failed to answer my question.  Unless you meant that your claiming town was the first thing to go on today. In which case you still failed to answer why you were so concerned about the colors.
Again, you're being an idiot by saying the same thing over and over again to fill space.

Also: "Willy-wagger your sappy wand of emotions"
What....
 What the heck is that supposed to mean?
"The colors may or may not have meaning, but we can't draw any conclusions on what they mean until we have more information"
This is useless, spineless, cowardly.  You're yielding to your passive emotions of scumitude in other words.  Try to obscure matters more if you want to.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2012, 08:18:41 pm »

Let's try to break this down.

Spoiler: Number One (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Number Two (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Number Three (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Number Four (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Number Five (click to show/hide)

Toaster: If you were a cult leader of some sort, how would you choose what members to pick?

Simple: How helpful do you think the emperor will be to the imperial cause?

Grand Emperor Bookthras: If an officer were about to be lynched, would you attempt to save them by revealing their status as town?  Why or why not?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2012, 10:33:53 pm »

Phantom:
Grand Emperor Bookthras: If an officer were about to be lynched, would you attempt to save them by revealing their status as town?  Why or why not?
Interesting question. What do you think I know about officers, and their statuses? If you were in my Imperial shoes, how would you answer your own question?

On other topics, Toaster: how alone do you think you are in the universe, and how will you choose your target for your action tonight?

Simple: please give your own answer to the question you asked Think, with explanation.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2012, 01:26:21 am »

Regarding the colours thing:

Oooh Toaster I guess.  Why are you orange still?  The Emperor speaks blue and I am labeled as blue so I am clearly imperial.

As much as I applaud the notion of poking at the setting and exploring a riddle, I have it on good authority that it's not too useful a pursuit, or at least not one that is going to help find scum or win the game.

I exchanged some clarifying PMs with GG today, during the course of which we talked a bit about the colour thing. In brief, he admitted that while there's some meaning to them, it's not role related, as colours were done before he assigned the roles; he also hinted that we won't have enough information to figure them out probably until the game ends, and that we shouldn't worry too much about it.

Not that I object to keep looking for meaning there though, I'm certainly curious and gods know I'm not one to leave a riddle alone, but if done it should be in addition to scumhunting, not instead of, and colours should hardly count as evidence to hang your vote on.

Message ends. Carry on.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2012, 10:00:54 am »

Alright, I will oblige for the Emperor.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2012, 11:04:34 am »

Servant:
Simple:  I can't help but notice your "subtle" attempt to group yourself with the Imperial side, there.

To answer your question literally, if your scum team plays badly it'll probably best for the Imperials as the other faction will be pouncing on your missteps.  To answer the question you meant to ask, probably the Cybrid side- the human infighting will allow them to accomplish their goals in the background.
Toaster: What would the main benefit for a player to group himself with the Imperial side (assuming he is not actually an Imperial)?

Are Rebels not scum just as much as Cybrids are?

Simple:  Why not?  Did I not answer your question?

Phantom:  I'd probably pick players I trusted to be competent first, and ones with roles I wanted (or wanted to eliminate) second.  If that's the same person, so much the better.

Book:  I think there's at least something else out there.  Also, I will choose targets for any theoretical night action I have by what will best serve the Emperor.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2012, 04:55:56 pm »

@Phantom: Alright, but why do you think Book is a big threat for cybrids ? As for your similar question Emperor is both an asset and a disadvantage. While we got confirmed and good town player,one kill is enough to end the game. Also it makes Cybrids and Rebels less likely to off themselves as they probably will focus on him. Wait. Now i think of it it's not that likely as they can focus on each other waiting for the other group to off the emperor. Urgh, that's more wifom than anything else so i better shut up now...

@Bookthras: Assuming there were no big changes in roleset i would choose to get rid of the Cybrid, they seem to get more firepower with each memeber than rebels do and geting rid of them earlier would be more beneficial. Especially since one of the rebels is a snowman (unless that was flavor only) which makes rebels possible actions pool smaller.

@Toaster: Well, you have not answered my question, you answered your own interpretation. While i see where are you coming from , if i would let you just do it now what would stop you from doing it again to dodge other questions ?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2012, 05:10:36 pm »

Quote from: Toaster
Are Rebels not scum just as much as Cybrids are?
Don't be cute. Answer the question.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2012, 05:14:54 pm »

Actually, let me add something to that question:

What would be the disadvantage for a non-Imperial to claim Imperial, and why would a non-Imperial claim to be Imperial despite that?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2012, 08:48:16 pm »

Simple:
Toaster: Blue one looks malevolent.Also: what's do you think is more likely if we play bad : Rebel win or Cybrid win ?

To answer the question you meant to ask, probably the Cybrid side- the human infighting will allow them to accomplish their goals in the background.

How is that not an answer to your question?

Regardless, unvote.  We got real scum on our hands.

Servant:

What would be the disadvantage for a non-Imperial to claim Imperial, and why would a non-Imperial claim to be Imperial despite that?

Hello rebel scum!  If you were Imperial, you'd know what the Imperial wincon is (Emperor lives).  Obviously you know you want to get rid of the Emperor (your wincon, opening flavor).  Given that, plus your defense of the rebel side, makes you obv, OBVrebel.

To answer your silly questions, the main benefit would be that they're putting out the "Look at me, I'm town!" mindset.  What do you want your fellow rebels and the cybrids to do?  Claim scum?  It'd be nice, but it's never that easy.

As for your addendum, there is no disadvantage, really.  Given that, why wouldn't they do it?

Let's test this theory.  Are you Imperial, rebel, or cybrid?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2012, 09:43:50 pm »

Servant:

Hello rebel scum!  If you were Imperial, you'd know what the Imperial wincon is (Emperor lives).  Obviously you know you want to get rid of the Emperor (your wincon, opening flavor).  Given that, plus your defense of the rebel side, makes you obv, OBVrebel.

To answer your silly questions, the main benefit would be that they're putting out the "Look at me, I'm town!" mindset.  What do you want your fellow rebels and the cybrids to do?  Claim scum?  It'd be nice, but it's never that easy.

As for your addendum, there is no disadvantage, really.  Given that, why wouldn't they do it?

Let's test this theory.  Are you Imperial, rebel, or cybrid?
First, I'm Imperial.

Second, I'll give you the answer I'm looking for.

Rebels are scum, there's no question about it. And scum does want to appear "townie", which in this case, is the Imperial side.

However, there's clearly a prioritization of targets at work though. Not all scum are equal on all days of the games. Hunting rebels is nice, but the goal is to control them, list them, mark them, and then lynch them when a greater threat (the cult-like Cybrids) are destroyed.

Scum wants to avoid getting lynched, but if they know that they won't be lynched at a certain time once they claimed their role, then they just might. They may do so if they want to avoid getting lynched (so that the Imperials know to focus on the "greater threat" in the meantime), or they may want to find other people of their scumteam (rebels trying to contact rebels). The disadvantage of claiming Imperial is that you cannot claim your scum role. You can only claim one role at a time.

What might deter scum from doing so is the argument that they might get lynched later on once the "greater threat" is eliminated...or that they might still get lynched now, because the Imperials might want to catch a known threat rather than hunt for an unknown one. So scum may still not claim, even when it is advantageous for them.

But that doesn't mean scum has to claim to be part of the Imperial team. That was my main objection to your post, Toaster. It is possible to claim scum if scum sees that it is in its best interests.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2012, 09:48:59 pm »

Unvote as well.
Hello rebel scum!  If you were Imperial, you'd know what the Imperial wincon is (Emperor lives).  Obviously you know you want to get rid of the Emperor (your wincon, opening flavor).
The Imperial wincon is not "Emperor lives".

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2012, 09:56:22 pm »

...though I realize that trying to eliminate all threats to the Imperials/Emperor could be construed as "Emperor lives".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2012, 12:26:01 am »

Phantom: Still waiting on a response.

ToonyMan: Do you think Phantom is scum, or shit-talking town?

Tiruin: Suppose you were kinged by Bookthras after a long day of you arguing against everyone else. People are somewhat suspicious of you, but they are generally interested in lynching Person A. You've been spending all day arguing Person B is scum. Who do you lynch?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2012, 02:11:25 am »

Think: If I were king'd, then I would put it in all my power to see who is the most scummy.

Now, as attention is divided between my own want of a lynch and the rest: I shall concede to whomever is the most scummy (as my viewpoint is different from others, given the circumstance), meaning a thorough re-read and interrogation would work until I am damned sure my target is not Imperial (town) and most sensibly scum. Still, depending mostly on the situation but this is how it basically works.

On that note, Mod: This is essentially a kingmaker with flavor right? No time limit?

Also, for Phantom, he responded.
Phantom of the Library: Who would you want most on your team as a Cybrid?
Preferably someone with experience, although if I was the converter then I would go for the player who looked the cleanest at that point in time.  At the moment the only person I'd have a preference over might be Toaster, as he taught me how to play as mafia.

Emperor Bookthras: I noticed a shift in singular-plural in your first announcement. Forgive me if I'm missing anything in a kingmaker game, but "We"?

Simple: Um, why state your own WIFOM?
@Phantom: Alright, but why do you think Book is a big threat for cybrids ? As for your similar question Emperor is both an asset and a disadvantage. While we got confirmed and good town player,one kill is enough to end the game. Also it makes Cybrids and Rebels less likely to off themselves as they probably will focus on him. Wait. Now i think of it it's not that likely as they can focus on each other waiting for the other group to off the emperor. Urgh, that's more wifom than anything else so i better shut up now...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18