Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Game Over. The Emperor Remains Immortal  (Read 47820 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Day 1! For Earth!
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2012, 04:06:26 pm »

Servant: Alright to make it clear : you're Rebel! Imperial Intelligence officer ? And your only ability is inspecting people and sending reports to emperor ? And i guess you should at least tell us who you think we should lynch instead if you want to bargain with us ?
I suspect Phantom of the Night due to the exchange ToonyMan had with him, especially with Phantom's overreaction to ToonyMan's post (Part 5 seems way too "defensive" for my tastes).

Of course, I won't be able to verify if Phantom is a Cybrid, not unless I investigate him, but that is the individual I most suspect. Phantom isn't very committed, and seems more interested in surviving, which I think a Cybrid is more interested in doing at D1 (in the hopes of getting to N1 so that he can convert people to his side) than a Rebel would.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2012, 04:09:31 pm »

Oh, and yes, I am an "Rebel! Imperial Intelligence officer" and my only ability is inspecting people and sending reports to the Emperor.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2012, 05:38:09 pm »

Mod: requesting a vote count, and a prod of Phantom, please. He hasn't posted in 48 hours.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2012, 05:41:02 pm »

I apologize for not posting yesterday, I got caught up in RL stuff and was unable to make a post.

I just logged in an hour or two ago I think, and I am currently typing a reply.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2012, 05:52:01 pm »

Servant <-- Simple, Dariush, Ottofar, Toaster, Tiruin
Ottofar <-- Toony
Phantom <-- Think

Servant, Phantom

That seems right, I think.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2012, 06:17:36 pm »

I apologize again for not posting yesterday, I got caught up in RL stuff and was unable to make a post.

Phantom:
Grand Emperor Bookthras: If an officer were about to be lynched, would you attempt to save them by revealing their status as town?  Why or why not?
Interesting question. What do you think I know about officers, and their statuses? If you were in my Imperial shoes, how would you answer your own question?

I was hoping to save this until day 2 but recent circumstances have forced me to reveal now that I am an Imperial Intelligence Officer and the Emperor knows as much.  I am fully loyal to the emperor unlike my evil counterpart Servant Scum. 
As for how I would act?  It would depend on how they had been playing.  I would question them and make sure that they are loyal before attempting to protect them otherwise I would leave them to their own devices.

Simple, Phantom, Toony, and Think, your Emperor commands you to weigh in, and discuss in detail a) your opinion as to SC's scummitude, b) do you see any reason to prevent his lynch today, and c) who else you suspect, why, and what are you going to do about that.

a) I think that he is most certainly scum.  That slip and his now admission leave us without a doubt, it would be foolish to leave Servant Scum in our midst for long. 

b) However I have a proposal if anyone should see it fit: Since we both claim to be Intelligence Officers we could investigate each other tonight and report our findings to the Emperor, this would eliminate any doubt of either of our claims.  I personally don't see much use in this besides confirming my own status as Imperial, but if the emperor finds it pleasing then I will redact my vote and investigate him tonight.  Otherwise I have no qualms about seeing him lynched.

c) Enclosed in spoilers are the players I find suspicious in some way or another.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I plan to investigate one of them tonight if you disagree with the plan I outlined earlier, most likely Toony, Ottofar, or Think I haven't quite decided which one yet.  Unless the results of my search change my mind, I will most likely focus on Think0028 tomorrow.

I suspect Phantom of the Night due to the exchange ToonyMan had with him, especially with Phantom's overreaction to ToonyMan's post (Part 5 seems way too "defensive" for my tastes).
If you call that overreaction, what do you call Toonyman's behavior? 

Of course, I won't be able to verify if Phantom is a Cybrid, not unless I investigate him, but that is the individual I most suspect. Phantom isn't very committed, and seems more interested in surviving, which I think a Cybrid is more interested in doing at D1 (in the hopes of getting to N1 so that he can convert people to his side) than a Rebel would.
I was trying to ensure my survival till D2 at the very least so my investigation powers could be of service to the Emperor on one day, that is why you found me being defensive.

@Phantom: Alright, but why do you think Book is a big threat for cybrids ?
Primarily because he is confirmed town, knows the officers, and has the ability to grant the lynch decision.  Secondarily is the fact that GG stated that he had some other powers that are unknown to us. 
While it is true that he is a large target and possibly a liabilty, I would assume that he has powers of some sort which will prevent him from dying that easily.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2012, 06:53:31 pm »

Simple, Phantom, Toony, and Think, your Emperor commands you to weigh in, and discuss in detail a) your opinion as to SC's scummitude, b) do you see any reason to prevent his lynch today, and c) who else you suspect, why, and what are you going to do about that.
Oh haha I totally missed this.

Oh, and yes, I am an "Rebel! Imperial Intelligence officer" and my only ability is inspecting people and sending reports to the Emperor.
He's calling himself a rebel.  I'm gonna say scum.  I have my vote on Ottofar though so he can explain himself and also for possible Emperor voting channel powers.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2012, 08:10:29 pm »

I was hoping to save this until day 2 but recent circumstances have forced me to reveal now that I am an Imperial Intelligence Officer
Dude, have you ever heard of discretion? How, pray tell, were you forced to claim?

I may be a great big target, as you said, but you know who else is a great big honking target? A person who claims town cop day one needlessly, before he has had a chance to inspect. I'd fire your ass for your big mouth, but I suspect the scum will do it for me. Or worse, convert you, forcing me to doubt every single result you get throughout the rest of the game. How very useful.

*sigh*

How has the Emperor even survived this long? He has Intelligence Officers that lack the very quality of their title, both claiming before doing anything useful, and worse, at least one of them being a despicable scum.

Attention, any Officers who may or may not remain: DO NOT FUCKING CLAIM!

Phantom, Intelligence Officer: I will give you a target to inspect before the end of the day. Carry out the inspection and report your results at the start of the next day, assuming you make it through the night. I will use this and other tools to assess whether your loyalties have wavered in the interim. Oy!

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2012, 08:22:51 pm »

Quote from: Phantom
If you call that overreaction, what do you call Toonyman's behavior? 
Standard scumhunting procedures, trying to get you off-balance to try and determine if you're actually town.

I was trying to ensure my survival till D2 at the very least so my investigation powers could be of service to the Emperor on one day, that is why you found me being defensive.
Investigative powers are nice, but scumhunting and risking yourself for your own side would be far more valuable to your Emperor. We are all expendable for our own factions, Phantom...except perhaps for the Cybrid Machinator//Infiltrator, who needs to ensure their survival 'till D2.

Attention, any Officers who may or may not remain: DO NOT FUCKING CLAIM!
Follow this advice.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2012, 09:38:56 pm »

Tiruin: Which cybrid plans that Servant mentioned look suspiciously detailed to you ?

And right now my secondary picks are pretty weak : Tiruin last post feels like he wants to convince us that he knows absolutely nothing about cybrids and want them gone with passion. And i'm not sure what to think of Ottofar lurk technique but as far as i remember that's not that unusual.
Simple: This is because I don't know anything at all about Cybrids, other than the fact that Rebels and Cybrids both want the Emperor dead. I do want them gone with a passion, as judging by their power set and from reading the last one; Cybrids start out small, but have powerful weapons in their possession to win the game and beat the rest.

What Servant mentioned that caught my eye was already mentioned in my post. He spoke of them like he knows their plan in the specifics, when there are many other role types. But to be sure:
Investigative powers are nice, but scumhunting and risking yourself for your own side would be far more valuable to your Emperor. We are all expendable for our own factions, Phantom...except perhaps for the Cybrid Machinator//Infiltrator, who needs to ensure their survival 'till D2.

Servant: What makes you think that there is exactly the Machinator (The one that can create multiple Cybrids) instead of the rest?

Bookthras: Not to be picky, but Navy is hard to see in the Darklight theme. Could I request the Cornflowerblue option instead?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2012, 09:49:51 pm »

Servant: What makes you think that there is exactly the Machinator (The one that can create multiple Cybrids) instead of the rest?
Because in all the other Cybrid Mafia games, the Cybrids start off with the Machinator, and it wouldn't be a good idea to get rid of the Cybrid's cult-like abilities (since that's what make the Cybrids so scary)?

There may be other Cybrid roles that will spawn in later, but the Machinator is the most likely Cybrid to exist currently.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2012, 10:06:05 pm »

Day ends in < 1 hour.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2012, 10:26:17 pm »

Bookthras: Not to be picky, but Navy is hard to see in the Darklight theme. Could I request the Cornflowerblue option instead?

Cornflower blue? Cornfuckingflower blue!? What do you think I am, your fucking interior decorator? No! I am the bloody Emperor, mate! Basically, I rule. I talk in whatever colour I bloody want. Plus talk to your deviant scumbuddy here:

Also, as a completely offtopic note, Book, please use some other shade of blue, since it's unreadable on the dark forum theme. Like this. Or this.
[OOC]This is the same "blue" used traditionally for FoS'ing people. Do you have trouble reading that too? I went with blue because GG's flavour used it, but fine, I'll accommodate you this time. Having dealt with this, how about you join the game and do something actually useful?[/OOC]

Navy fucking blue was his fucking idea, for the same fucking reason. At least he chose a military colour, not CORNfuckingFLOWER blue!

Enough of this shit. I tried to accommodate you deviant bastards, but no more. I went into the darkling theme, looked for myself, and decided that the colour of your dried blood is the most readable solution for both. I am the bloody Emperor, so blood it will bloody be. If anyone doesn't like it, they can highlight it with the bloody mouse, or ignore it, or change themes, or stick rusty nails into their fucking eyeballs for all I care. This fucking conversation is over.

Officer(s): I will speak to you after the lynch. Follow my instructions precisely.

Signing off, The Bloody Emperor Solomon Petresun, bloody annoyed at his Intelligence Officers, the bloody supplicants with "colour" issues, and at the bloody Universe that decided to saddle him with such woes. Just let the bloody day end already.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2012, 10:45:24 pm »

Vote Servant Corps

Fellow Rebels, do whatever you can to get in contact with each other. Organize a 'rebel base' by which you can coordinate your actions. Because the Imperials are going to get disorganized, really fast, and you better be able to fill the power vacuum before the Cybrids take over.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2012, 10:53:19 pm »

I was hoping to save this until day 2 but recent circumstances have forced me to reveal now that I am an Imperial Intelligence Officer
Dude, have you ever heard of discretion? How, pray tell, were you forced to claim?
*Applies head to desk*
*Applies head to wall*
*Applies head to face*
*Applies head to every hard surface within a two mile wide radius*

I'm an idiot.  As simple as that.  I was distracted by stuff in real life of pressing importance, but that does not excuse the sheer idiocy of what I just did.  I suppose it's partially out of inexperience, but mostly out of idiocy.  The best explanation I have is that I felt cornered, and apparently I panic more as town than I do when I'm scum. 

I suppose it's back to the BM's for me now...

Or a hole somewhere to die...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18