Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Game Over. The Emperor Remains Immortal  (Read 47494 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Day 1! For Earth!
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2012, 10:56:30 pm »

Vote Servant Corps
May you never lack for flames and brimstone in your eternal punishment, you bloody traitor.

*Applies head to every hard surface within a two mile wide radius*
Apply harder, please.

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2012, 11:20:20 pm »

Officer(s): For upcoming coded instructions, you may use these tables as reference:

1. Bookthras
2. Toaster
3. Tiruin
4.  Ottofar
5. Think0028
6. Servant Corps
7. ToonyMan
8. Phantom of the Library
9. Simple
10. Dariush

a=1, b=2, c=3,... z=26
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2012, 11:37:15 pm »

Closed.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2012, 12:25:49 am »

The emperor looked down at them, and crooked a finger. Servant Struggled as he was dragged before the throne, Simple carrying one arm and Tiruin the other, dragging him forward and throwing him at the Emperors feet.

"Ah, Servant. You were like a son to me, you know, all these years. I remember when you were still just a youth, full of vim and vigour.. and now, this! To discover that you were plotting against me! Is there no loyalty any longer? Is there no one we can trust?"

Servant spat at the Emperor's feet. Weapons were raised by others, but the Emperor raised a hand to hold them back. He was not finished.

"You dare speak of trust! I am no traitor - YOU are the traitor, you- you- you SNAKE. A traitor to all of humanity! A traitor to- you- you killed her, you fucking bastard. You sent them to kill her as a fucking excuse, and- you'll pay! I spent these long years doing your dirty work, extracting confessions from those who did nothing wrong. I swear, before this is done, you'll find people having a go at you, you bastard! I'll fucking-

With a gesture, the anvil fell. A single gunshot, and then the Emperor nodded towards the body. "It may seem unnecessary, but search the body. We may find more clues as to how deep this treachery runs. I would have preferred to have handed him over to my second most trusted torturer, who has simply been begging for a promotion, but the doors are still sealed, and we have no access to holding cells.

So let me make this clear, to any others in this room who harbour resentment against me. If you are involved in this hilariously incompetent scheme, you will join our former friend here in a pool of your own blood. Does anyone have any questions?

*snzzzk* OH OH I DO PICK ME! *crackle* The Emperor grimaced. *snap* I gotta say, guy, keeping the throne rooms computer system disconnected from the rest of the base? Smart move! I was totally figuring I could just tweak your meds and we'd have been done yesterday, but nope! Mind you, your firewalls and security schemes were laughable, and I can still control a few things, like the intercom system, this switch that pumps judicious amounts of stupid gas into the room, and other stuff that's tied into the base rather than your throne and... OH WHATS THIS!? Why, it's the lights! Nighty-nighty, fellas, don't let the glitches bite. WINK WINK LOL SEE YOU LATER HOPE YOU DIE BYEBYE*skrt*

With that, the room was suddenly plunged into pitch blackness.

It is now night. Day will begin in roughly 48 hours or when I've finished processing night actions, whichever comes first

Servant Corps was lynched! Servant Corps was a Rebel!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:12:55 am by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2012, 07:45:29 pm »

Suddenly, the sound of static broke through the darkness. An intercom system sprung to life - but a different one, one clearly limited to this room.

Voice of the Emperor:
---MESSAGE BEGINS---
Remaining Officers, heed the words of your Emperor. Here are your instructions.

Target selection: As a result of the indicated manipulations, you will end up with a number. Apply this number modulo 10 to the list above to receive your target (which means, if you result is 31, discard the 30, your target is #1; if your result ends in zero, your target is #10).

Outcome: To report the outcome of your action discreetly without giving away your identity, I will pay attention to the first word of your first post on D2 that unambiguously resolves for one of these: if the number of letters in that word is divisible by two, I will assume your result was "success", or "Imperial" or similar positive outcome; if it's divisible by three, I will assume "failure", or "rebel", or similar negative outcome; if it's divisible by five, I will assume "cybrid", or "unknown"; if you were converted during the night, and would like me to know that, use a seven-letter word somewhere in your first paragraph.

With that in mind, here are your target selection instructions:
(again, remember to apply modulo 10 if your result is greater than 11, so you end up with a number between 1 and 10)

Officer whose flavour title is four words long: your target is Phantom of the Library.

Officer whose flavour title's first word starts with "P" as in "Petresun": your target is the difference between the numerical value of the third letter of your name, and your position number on the table above.

Officer whose flavour title includes a part of the body: your target is the sum of the numerical values of the first, third and fourth letters in your name.

Officer whose flavour title includes the word "Minister": your target is the difference between the numerical values of the second and third letters of your name.

Officer whose flavour title is a single word starting with "R" as in "Revenge": your target is the length of your name, plus the numerical value of the fourth letter, plus your position on the table above, plus one.

Officer whose flavour title has the letters "mm" in the middle: your target is double the numerical value of the third letter of your name, minus the value of the sixth.

May you carry them out in discretion and with success. Godspeed.

For Earth!
---MESSAGE ENDS---

From now on, the Overseer account has been reactivated, and will be used as the Voice of the Emperor. The thread will no longer be locked at night, but no one who is not either myself or the Overseer is allowed to post.

The Overseer

• Bay Watcher
  • You saw... NOTHING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2012, 08:03:49 pm »

Suddenly, the sound of static broke through the darkness again. The local intercom system sprung to life one more time.

From now on, the Overseer account has been reactivated, and will be used as the Voice of the Emperor. The thread will no longer be locked at night, but no one who is not either myself or the Overseer is allowed to post.

This is the Emperor speaking. I confirm that "The Overseer" is reactivated as communications medium, and I have access to it. I do not know for certain, however, if my access is exclusive, so I recommend caution.

To prevent unauthorised use, we may develop some convoluted system of authentication. Possibly via the use of PGP signatures. If we choose this route, then Bookthras will post the appropriate key credentials during the day, so you can trust messages with a valid signature are indeed from the Emperor.

Regarding the instructions posted above:
a) I confirm they are indeed the Voice and Will of the Emperor...
[OOC] But GG messed up my beautiful, beautiful formatting. 8-P  Imagine there is bold and underline and so on to make it prettier. [/OOC]

b) To clarify: when I say "name" I refer to your actual user name, as listed on the player signup list. Like "Bookthras". Officers, your flavour title should be known only to yourself, and it follows your role. Your role PM should have been given to you as "Name, role (flavour title)". I make no reference to your actual role in the note above.

May your night period be safe, successful and productive. Godspeed.

For Earth!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Day 2. Well, fuck.
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2012, 10:26:57 pm »

Soon, the flights flicked back on, and a voice came over the intercom system. "We've expelled the Snowman from our system, sire. He was operating from Alaska. A kill team is enroute - we let him think he got away clean, he'll have no idea what him. Is everything okay in there, sire? We're working to unlock the doors as quick as we can, but he left a huge mess in here."

Book looked down from his throne at the bodies laid out in front of him. Servant, a rebel traitor, executed. Mostly unimportant. What was important was the disturbing sight that came next - Tiruin, an administrator in the palace for near 30 years... most of his head was simply gone. The doctors who found him claimed it look like something had exploded inside... or burst from the skull.

It was not a pretty sight. And they had not found Toaster yet, but believed he been killed as well.

The Emperor heard the shouts, next - they'd found Toaster? He activated his remote cameras just in time to see two of his men converge on the dead body. It was lying face up next a chair, having clearly fallen from it to the floor below. As they approached, something... the dead man's face began to bulge and writhe, as if something was moving below the skin, and finally it burst in a shower of blood. A long, metallic creature, almost like a crayfish, escaped and dashed across the floor, a metal cockroach desperately seeking cover.

One of them ran up to it, punting it into a nearby wall, shattering the mirror it crashed into. The other followed up with a solid barrage of fire, punching hole after hole into the thing with his trusty pistol.

Finally, eventually, it stopped moving.

"Yes, everything is fine. We might have a few more flies to swat, but they are no longer important. I wish you to broadcast an important message, and send a retrieval team to get in here as soon as the doors open. The Cybrids are here, and they are among us. The War has finally begun."

Tiruin, Rebel/Cybrid Parasite has been killed in the night!
Toaster, Weak Imperial Double Agent Doctor has been killed in the night!

It is now day! Day will end in 72 hours!
Shortens and Extends available.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia 3:The Immortal Emperor - Day 2! The Machine Revealed!
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2012, 10:35:06 pm »

Ottofar, explain your vote yesterday.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2012, 12:04:35 am »

Good morning, loyal citizens and scumworms alike. Seems we have some new pools of blood to join those of my traitorous officer from yesterday. Good. Those of you harboring any hopes of rebellion, cast them aside now and join the Earth Empire, or know you will end up as the squashed cockroaches before me now.

I also hereby confirm I have received reports from all my Officers, so they need not concern themselves too much with the convoluted outcome reporting instructions posted earlier.

It is a good start. Let us continue squashing bugs, metallic and organic alike.

For Earth!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2012, 12:17:25 am »

Phantom: You chose your target correctly from the instructions, thanks. I know the result you obtained. I will reveal it when I deem it appropriate. But please say if there was anything else interesting about the night (without revealing your target or result); do you know if you were followed? were you converted? did you notice anything out of the ordinary? do you have any reason to mistrust your result? are you still loyal to Earth and your Emperor?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2012, 12:20:10 am »

Ottofar, explain your vote yesterday.

Thought Servant was a rebel.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2012, 12:23:55 am »

Can you expand on what you meant by "stuff" back then?  That was never addressed.  You know you don't need to bandwagon in this game since it's the Emperor's say on a person.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2012, 03:22:58 am »

The wincon thing pretty much.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2012, 04:29:43 am »

Huh ? I was right about Tiruin ? And looks like he killed himself by accident ?

Few questions: What the Double Agent role does ? How many cybrids are there ? And what the hell is Rebel/Cybrid ?

Also: Think.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2012, 05:54:25 am »

Bah.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18