Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: There's something very... odd about my world.  (Read 9938 times)

Doughnut189

• Bay Watcher
  • Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.
    • View Profile
There's something very... odd about my world.
« on: March 14, 2012, 04:50:37 pm »

So I copied the latest DF version (34.05) over my old Dig Deeper folder (taboo, I know), and then added a rapier weapon to my dwarves, elves, and humans.
As a note, I let the pasted in files overwrite EVERY file there, so much/most of the DD information was removed, and the raws for basic creatures and entity_default were the standard.

...and genned a world.

I decided to test whether it had that annoying crash I sometimes got in adventure mode when talking to people, so I  started playing it in adventure mode.

I could play as a goblin, kobold, elf, or human outsider.
"DAMN!", thought I "All of the dwarves and humans must have died...." but then I thought "Wait... goblins and kobolds? I can adventure as those without lots of raw editing?"

I decided to play as an elf.  I started off outside a mundane house, and thought "Huh. I wonder who built the houses if there are no humans?"
So I went inside. It was filled entirely with goblins. I approached a goblin miner and talked to him. The discussion was quite normal. He told me about his capital, where a gremlin lived, and to kill a gremlin master in some camp north of here.

Going to the fast travel screen, I found that I was in a town entirely populated by goblins, and that there were many other towns populated by goblins nearby.

Then, confused, I walked off to a nearby castle, which was entirely filled with goblin soldiers, and some goblin peasants were in the lords room.  Then I retired, and decided to embark.

Then it got even stranger.

I embarked with seven elves, which had no access to dogs, so I only brought cats.  Then I ordered my elves to mine out the side of a nearby mountain, build a mechanic's workshop, and make mechanisms, which they did.

Is this possible with entity_default being the default entity_default? The only thing I changed after pasting over DD was that I gave humans, elves, and goblins access to a new weapon, the rapier.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:52:29 pm by Doughnut189 »
Imagine you're driving a car. Push the gas pedal to the floor. Close your eyes. Remain this way for ten minutes while turning the wheel at whim. This is Dwarf Fortress.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: There's something very... odd about my world.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 04:54:24 pm »

Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens. It seems yours is one of the more "stable" forms. There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap, or all the rocks think they are made of ALL the types of rock in some kind of psychadelic split personality disorder.

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.
This is a blank sig.

Doughnut189

• Bay Watcher
  • Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 05:18:35 pm »

Looking in my errorlog, I see
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Imagine you're driving a car. Push the gas pedal to the floor. Close your eyes. Remain this way for ten minutes while turning the wheel at whim. This is Dwarf Fortress.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 05:38:36 pm »

I saw razorwire. I must know how it works....

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:52:36 pm »

I just made redundant RAWs for a laugh... and now my civ is magma men.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 05:55:40 pm »

I just made redundant RAWs for a laugh... and now my civ is magma men.

That is awesome.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 06:05:06 pm »

God damn it it crashed when i started in a fortress.

Also, against all odds I could bring tame fishes with me, bronze colossi were fishes, I could bring unknown plant substances with me as well.

Also tiger eggs. Copper whips as picks.

...Bumblebee gizzard tissue quiver ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And I could embark, my peasants (which were visibly tame) set fire to the unknown frozen plant substance wagon, i also have a beetle brain chest in it.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 06:13:57 pm »

Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens. It seems yours is one of the more "stable" forms. There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap, or all the rocks think they are made of ALL the types of rock in some kind of psychadelic split personality disorder.

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Sigged this as well. The intelligent chairs, hahaha.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 11:03:27 am »

So, how do I do this?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 11:51:33 am »

Add copies of RAW entries into your raws. Like two DWARF entries in creature_standard.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 11:54:56 am »

So this explains why I embarked as fairies....

I am going to dupe Raws, how do that?

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 11:56:14 am »

Add copies of RAW entries into your raws. Like two DWARF entries in creature_standard.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 11:58:30 am »

Ok time for !!SCIENCE!!

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 12:20:54 pm »

embarked as fairies....
They're [VERMIN, right? What sort of effects did that have?

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 01:57:50 pm »

My fly adventurer from a vermin civ was kinda awesome until it got demolished by a kobold. 

...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...
Pages: [1] 2