Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Birth Of Chaos RTD Turn 2  (Read 5546 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Of Chaos RTD Turn 0
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 04:07:59 pm »

Hadrian rushes downstairs to see what the other patrons of the tavern are doing, and to see if they have any idea what's going on.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Of Chaos RTD Turn 0
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 06:03:12 pm »

Turn 1:Flesh to Ash
Jagen ran up to the demon and drove his sword through its head. He then turned to the crowd and yelled "Grab any weapons you can and go to the main gate! We'll throw these demons back with the might of God!"
(8vs4-2)(5+4vs6) Your sword bites deep into the demons skull, with a thunk it drops dead onto the platform. (8-2=6)  You manage to rally a handful of people near you through the chaos, the peasants look scared and panicked but somewhat heartened at the sight of the dead demon (9) they scramble towards the blacksmith shop and guard house, within a matter of a minute a large group of hastily armed and armored peasants have gathered near the main gate.  They mill about unsure of what to do, and ask you how to proceed.

Head outside and see if the attackers have surrounded the town. If they have, see if the tavern has a basement. If not, keep behind cover and flee in the direction of my horse.
(7) You manage to get to a higher vantage point near the center of town, and can see smoke rising from all around the town.  The wooden walls block your line of sight however, at the best guess though you would say that they have at least surrounded the main gate making escape unlikely.  (3)  You manage to find the hatch to the basement of the tavern behind the bar counter, however it has a massive padlock and chain holding it down.  A fairly large number of people have begun moving into the tavern and are moving tables and chairs to block the windows and doors.  You notice what looks like a few mercenaries among them, but for the most part they are unarmed.

"Oh hells below whats happening..." Grab an suit of armor and an Maul if i have those
(10) In the back of the store room you find a large suit of heavy plate armor, with an accompanying war maul.  You struggle to get into the armor, and while it seems incredibly strong you find that it is weighing you down substantially.  The maul itself is a fairly large steel item with small blades running up the sides.
Gained:
Heavy Steel Plate Armor
Bladed War Maul

Irea turned her head quickly to the body of what was once her fellow clergy man then to the crystal in her hands and finally to the demon before her, ignoring the people and chaos around. This was totally unexpected.

Holding up the {Holy Cross} that hung by her neck along with the {Crystal} in her left hand, she opens the {Book of Prays} that hangs by the chain on her belt and begins chanting with fervor the verse that many of the people know; focusing on banishing the demon!

"Ye shalt know no evil-..."

You begin to chant and focus just as a knight kills the demon, however you notice that the beast appears to be still breathing.   (9vs2) With the fervor of the saints streaming through your voice you chant the prayer to banish the demon, as your focus and fervor increases the crystal and cross begin to glow together with a white light.  The demons body burns as the light touches it and begins to emit a black fog-like light of its own. (10-1=9vs2) The crystal momentarily flickers black before with a final flash the demon turns into ash on the block and blows away in the wind.  The crystal continues to glow lightly with a dull grey light.
White and black banded Crystal

Look for some sort of arms storehouse. If there are any left, grab a bow and quiver of arrows.
(6) You manage to find your way to the guards storehouse, and through the chaos as people are crushing in and out of the place you just manage to get a longbow and quiver out of one of the storerooms.  You slip back outside as groups of peasants filter out of the house with various weaponry and pieces of armor.
Wooden Longbow
Quiver of 30 arrows

Hadrian rushes downstairs to see what the other patrons of the tavern are doing, and to see if they have any idea what's going on.
(4) You rush downstairs and straight into a crowd of panicking people who are frantically trying to barricade the windows, going over to a wounded man laying against the wall you attempt to get him to tell you what is happening (3)  the man mutters "Demons, hundreds... they are pouring out of the forest....." he appears to fall unconscious.   (8) Another man dressed as a scout grabs your shoulder, he says to you "There is not that many of them, there may only be 150 at the most but they have some type of smaller green-black imp type creature with them, and there's a lot of those.  They also seem obsessed with the crystals, the whole time I was following the horde they were constantly scouring the ground for the crystals."

***EVENT**
(9vs7) There is a resounding boom and the gates crack down the center, the guards and peasants at the gates manage to hold it shut for the most part but a few smaller demons manage to squeeze through. 
5 Small horned demons with jagged metal blades attack the men at the gates as they squeeze into the town.  (6vs7) The peasants and guards manage to block their assaults just barely (10-2, 8vs4)(8vs6) and a few of the veteran guards even strike back at the horned demons and manage to cut one down.
Gate Status:80%
Men at the gates:100% Wavering
Demons inside town:
4 small horned demons at the gates
Nom nom nom

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Of Chaos RTD Turn 1
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 07:36:47 pm »

Send someone to try and break the lock, then begin coordinating the defense of the tavern.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 07:59:54 pm »

Jagen notices the wavering status of the peasants and yells " All men with long range meleele weapons like pikes, staves and pitchforks to the front, you shall be the rock that demons crash upon! Men with short and meduim range mleele weapons like swords form a line behind them, you shall renforice the front line! Men with ranged weapons like bows, form a line at the back, you shall ran eath upon the deomns! Ready, HOLD THE GATE!"Before he takes up a place in the center of the middle line.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 08:11:00 pm »

((My crystal is missing from my inventory.))

That knight seems to know what's going on. Obey him, and form up with the line of people armed with ranged weapons.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 09:10:30 pm »

fixed, notice any further mishapes lemme know ;)
Nom nom nom

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 10:03:06 pm »

Raise morale of the crowd, rally the guards and try to organize them into a coherent angry mob! Focusing on holding the gate and counter-firing! (Y'know, at the enemy.)

"In the name of the Gods above us, we shall not fall to this rabble of taint! Chaos shall not enter our homes and slay our people. To me, my fellowmen! Rally forth and fight! Hold those gates! As long as I breathe, no demon shall walk unharmed!"

If possible, find a suitable weapon for self.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 01:38:16 am »

"I should have tested this armour before.." To the gates
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 07:55:37 pm »

just waiting on bdthemag
Nom nom nom

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 08:31:52 pm »

Hadrian quickly looks around and hides the gem in a safe place on himself. He then helps with the barricading.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 11:12:20 am »

bump

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 09:09:54 pm »

Turn 2:Form Up!
Send someone to try and break the lock, then begin coordinating the defense of the tavern.
(4) Everyone but a small child seems to be far to busy attempting to block off windows as arrows continue to rain down on the town.  (10) However the child tries to open up the cellar door... and succeeds in ripping the lock clean out of the hatch.  Apparently the bar has a terrible termite problem, a few patrons chuckle at a child opening what you could not. (3)  The scoff at your suggestions, (7) but it seems that the bars owner is present and organizing the peasents fairly well.  Tables are flipped against the windows, just as another wave of arrows hit.  You hear screams from outside and see a number of people fall to the arrows, however most appear to only be wounded and still attempting to get shelter.  You see a group forming in the square and moving towards the gates, a few bar patrons rush to join the mob.

Jagen notices the wavering status of the peasants and yells " All men with long range meleele weapons like pikes, staves and pitchforks to the front, you shall be the rock that demons crash upon! Men with short and meduim range mleele weapons like swords form a line behind them, you shall renforice the front line! Men with ranged weapons like bows, form a line at the back, you shall ran eath upon the deomns! Ready, HOLD THE GATE!"Before he takes up a place in the center of the middle line.
(9) The peasants and few guards immediately move to your orders (3) however as they line up you appraise that there's only about 60 peasants still alive at the gates, as those without weapons scramble for shelter.  Coordinated they rush forward and slaughter the 4 demons who had pushed through before forming lines.  Arrows arc over the gates and crash into the cobblestones near the town square, you see some wounded people in the square attempting to get to shelter, and a group forming in the square near you.  You take your place at the center of the line (9vs1) just as the gates blow open, the people on either side scramble to push the broken fragments into the gate but demons begin pressing in.  You see the shadow of what appears to be a huge man on the other side of the breaking gate just before the peasants manage to squeeze it mostly closed again.

((My crystal is missing from my inventory.))

That knight seems to know what's going on. Obey him, and form up with the line of people armed with ranged weapons.
(6) You move into line with the other people, however there only appears to be about 10 with ranged weapons.  There is also only 50 or so people in front of you with assorted weaponry. (8vs2-1)The gates crack open and you immediately fire into the gap with the other people, felling the first wave of demons who push through. (9vs8-1=7)(5+3vs6) You and the others reload and fire again but only manage to injure the second wave.
-2 arrows, 28 left

Raise morale of the crowd, rally the guards and try to organize them into a coherent angry mob! Focusing on holding the gate and counter-firing! (Y'know, at the enemy.)

"In the name of the Gods above us, we shall not fall to this rabble of taint! Chaos shall not enter our homes and slay our people. To me, my fellowmen! Rally forth and fight! Hold those gates! As long as I breathe, no demon shall walk unharmed!"

If possible, find a suitable weapon for self.
(6)The people hear you and rally somewhat (7) you even see a handful of people run from shelters with weapons, they form a small group around you. (9,9) A second wave of arrows falls from the sky but your group shelters underneath shields and pieces of wood they are carrying, a particularly large man blocks the wave of arrows with his tower shield.  He pulls a spare mace from his belt and hands it to you, nodding he charges towards the gates and joins the line.  (6) Your group moves to reinforce the lines of men holding the gate.
Spiked iron mace

"I should have tested this armour before.." To the gates
You make your way to the gates (5) and just avoid the new rain of arrows, following suit you take up a spot at the front row.  The gates crack open but peasants on each side manage to push it shut again somewhat.  Demons push through the small gap but are torn down by arrows from the men behind you before they even reach the first line.  A second group shoves its way in and closes with you.

Hadrian quickly looks around and hides the gem in a safe place on himself. He then helps with the barricading.
You slip the gem into your inside jacket pocket and move to help reinforce the windows (8 ), with your help the bar is quickly secured.  The people inside line chairs and tables up as a small fence in-front of the inner door.  Taking a second to look about you see maybe 25 people in the bar with you, however they all appear armed with something, those lacking metal weapons have broken off table legs to use a clubs and everyone seems ready.

***EVENT****
(2) The gates are bashed open farther and a number of small green creatures, with the appearance of children swarm in.  Still attempting to reload, only a few of the archers manage to wound some as they close with the first line of men and attack the people holding the gate shut. (3vs8) The men holding the gate manage to kick them back, and the front line moves forward to cover them.  The first line of soldiers attack (9vs2) and in a flurry of blows kill the demons who had managed to push through. (9) You can hear the sounds of claws on wood going up the sides of the walls, something has begun climbing the palisade.  The sound seems to be coming from the walls on both sides of the gate.  The small wooden wall however has no footing for soldiers to climb the inside, so you are stuck on the ground behind the gates.  The gate booms again (7vs7) and the men barely manage to hold it shut, however the wood cracks further and seems on the edge of crumbling.

Demons:??

People at the gates:10 people with ranged weapons: OK 100%
30 with various melee weapons
20 with spears and pitchforks

Group following Irea:20 with various forms of shields and swords, maces.  1 large man with a tower shield and longsword

Bar: Not under attack, 25 peasants.
Nom nom nom

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Of Chaos RTD Turn 2
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 09:28:26 pm »

Look through the basement for anything of use.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2012, 09:29:19 pm »

Ready to engage climbers "Oh lord that call us worshippers, i pray to you to deliver us from this foul tide..."
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 09:53:01 pm »

Jagen turns around to look at the newcomers. "Those with shorth range melee weapons get into the second line, those with long range melee weapons gwt on the first line. Pass the sheilds around the first line so they can better form a wall. 5 of you archers aim at the walls and prepare to take down the climbers. HOLD THE LINE!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3