Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ToadyOne, what did you put into the water?  (Read 9593 times)

Bilanthri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ToadyOne, what did you put into the water?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 08:57:32 am »

I've had quite a few kids become legendary craftdwarves recenlty. Kinda nice to have them to look forward to when they mature. As for harvesting, if you leave the "All Dwarves Harvest" option on in the 'o' menu, then kids will harvest along with everyone else. I tend to set it to "Only Farmers Harvest" to help train up my farmers without spreading the xp around to all my warriors and masons and miners and what-not.

Inconnu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 09:31:22 am »

I currently have 90 dwarves - fully 1/3 are children! (31 to be specific)  I would love them to do hauling, all they do is sit at the wagon (still digging out the dining room). 

My first wave consisted of 4 dwarves and 13 children!

Antalia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 10:23:19 am »

I currently have 90 dwarves - fully 1/3 are children! (31 to be specific)  I would love them to do hauling, all they do is sit at the wagon
I wouldn't advocate cheating or anything, but with Dwarf Therapist you can enable labors for children.  I have done it by accident a number of times in DF2012, because my Therapist version doesn't filter children out of the list properly. So when labors are mass-enabled, it includes the kids if I don't remember to go through and click them all off. There are so many kids; usually I miss some. So occasionally I see kids that slipped through the cracks around the fort--building megaprojects, manning pumps, and smoothing floors. When I notice that I have to go and fix it :-X
Author of Saga of Nutscaves, a tale of unsafe working conditions, plague, and worse

Creator of Dwarf Organizer, a Java application to help assign labor in your fortress
Pages: 1 [2]