Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: Hero Caddies RtD! [Book I, Chapter I]  (Read 59572 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Hero Caddies RtD! [Book I, Chapter I]
« on: March 15, 2012, 08:07:53 pm »

~Prologue~

Life sucks.

You sit here in this dingy, rat-infested tavern, hunched over a mug of Dongrel piss. You're pretty sure it's just a nickname the barkeep gave this slimy grog, but it tastes like piss anyway so it doesn't make a difference. Hell, you're not even sure what a Dongrel is. Through the dim, flickering light, you glare at the other tavern patrons with mild contempt. You've seen 'em all before. Nobody comes to Zabrek of their own free will, it's a dead-end town full of dead-end types like you. The Hero's Guild only comes around here on collection once per year, even they know what kind of backwater mudpit this town is.

Suddenly, the front door of the tavern is thrown open! A glittering light floods the tavern as five glorious, towering figures step through the front door. It's... it's them! The heroes of legend!!

Odysseus Hawklight
The shining Human Paladin in white armor. Leader of the group, suave and charming. He has vanquished countless avatars of evil in his time, and some say he has the power to call down the retribution of Wilros himself.
Davkul Stalkingwolf
The herculean Dwarf Barbarian of legendary will. Some say he once beat a camp of bandits to death with their own severed limbs.
Coratra Gladomain
The beautiful Elven Ranger with the eye of a hawk. Legend tells that she once hit a dragon's brain through its eye from fifty yards in a sand storm, killing it instantly.
Vladimir Silverblade
The deceitful Human Rogue borne of shadow. You see him in the doorway because he has willed it to be so. With his sleight of hand and razor wit, he could steal all your valuables and clothing, then sell them back to you.
Ravaatra Hellbinder
The brooding Human Mage of unknown origin. Not much is known about her, save that she has left untold horrors in her wake.

Odysseus Hawklight clears his throat, and the tavern falls silent. "Greetings, peasants! As you may be aware, a new evil has arisen in the north." You twitch slightly. You haven't heard anything about this! "The dark warlock Gortharius Maltent is amassing a great army, to invade the kingdom of Nordia. A great quest to stop him lies before us, but we cannot make the journey alone. We require five brave pack mu- er, squires to come with us! To those brave enough to join us in our quest, a small portion of our riches and glory awaits! What say you, peasants?!"

You quickly scan the tavern. You count ten people in here, including you. Your grip tightens on the mug in your hand. Things are about to get ugly...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Waitlist
  • Toaster
  • BullDog
  • monk12
  • SeriousConcentrate
  • Yoink
  • Tiruin
  • mcclay
  • Morelli
  • Sinpwn
  • Borno
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 07:24:34 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Hero Caddies RtD! [Prologue]
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 08:08:49 pm »

IN.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 08:13:03 pm »

IN!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 10:52:00 pm »

Waitlist! Darn'it!

Edit: Or In if possible  :P

Edit II: By the amount of Pre-ins, and by the meta of Gatleos, this will be amazing. (Counting 7 in the waitlist already)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:59:26 pm by Tiruin »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 10:56:03 pm »

IN
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 11:44:49 pm »

In.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 11:45:08 pm »

I bet this'll be nuts.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 11:52:12 pm »

I haven't posted the first turn yet, and there's already 9 people in the waitlist.

Just waiting on one action.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 12:02:25 am »

You're a popular GM. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 12:06:48 am »

* Yoink is saddened by his lack of internet time currently, but shall still claim a waitlist spot in Gat's RtD!

Can I get on the waitlist, pretty please with turnips on top? :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 12:16:07 am »

* Yoink is saddened by his lack of internet time currently, but shall still claim a waitlist spot in Gat's RtD!

Can I get on the waitlist, pretty please with turnips on top? :)
You're first on it, besides whoever gets KOed during this fight.

I have a feeling this RtD is going to have a higher mortality rate than my other ones. Makes more sense in-universe anyway. And like I said, your characters have no stats. All rolls depend entirely on luck, though the equipment you have on you can help in certain situations. So this'll mostly be a roleplaying RtD, with a partly improvised story. Not that my other ones aren't like that, they just aren't upfront about it. :P
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 12:39:34 am »

Am I iN or waitlist?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 12:47:08 am »

Am I iN or waitlist?
adwarf was the last pre-in, so that would make you 7th on the waitlist.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 02:30:53 am »

Prologue: Turn 1

All of the tavern patrons mobilize at once, grabbing the closest weapon and charging at each other! Blue jumps up from his chair, grabbing his mug and tossing it at Green's face! (ATT) (DEF) Green shimmies to the side, avoiding the alcoholic missile, while Blue flips his table over and hides behind it! Meanwhile, Grey jumps over his table and swipes at Red! (ATT) (DEF) Red quickly ducks under the punch and rolls under the nearest table to safety!

Slinking over to the bar and grabbing an empty bottle, Brown smashes it on the counter and lashes out at Teal! (ATT) (DEF) The bottle hits only thin air as Teal jumps back and slides across the nearest table! Now that the battle is in full swing, Red takes the chance to crawl across the tavern floor and formally introduce himself to the adventurer party. (...) "Hi, my name is-" Davkul steps forward, towering menacingly over Red and growling. He quickly crawls back under the table.

Teal lands at the other end of the table, and quickly crawls underneath it to escape the fight. Purple, meanwhile, pushes the closest table out of the way and tries to kick the guy hiding under it SQUAH IN DA NUTS! (ATT) (DEF) Red leaps into the air, performing a handspring off the table and swinging his foot at Purple's head! (ATT) (DEF) The attack glances off Purple's face and he staggers back, bleeding slightly from the mouth!

While all of this is going on, the barkeep, Maroon, rummages under the counter. At last he retrieves his trusty cudgel, and smashes the spigots off of the barrels resting at the end of the counter! A foamy torrent of grog, ale, and who knows what else sprays from the barrels! One of the streams of alcohol shoots straight at Brown, (ALE) (DEF) but he counters by swallowing the stream as he slowly walks toward the barrel! He reaches out and flips the barrel in one swift motion, turning it on Maroon! (ALE) (DEF) Maroon is grazed by the high-pressure happy juice spray, but still manages to get out of it before long. The ale continues to pool in the tavern, rushing across the floor as Maroon laughs maniacally!

Yellow chooses a chair as a suitable weapon, and swings it at Grey's face! (ATT) (DEF) Grey blocks the chair with his arm, (ATT) (DEF) then kicks it back into Yellow's face! His face is bruised a bit from the impact. Orange hops over the counter and grabs another empty bottle to use as a weapon, bumping into Maroon as he sidesteps the booze. Perhaps to show that he is clearly not the disgruntled chap from the intro, Orange gives Maroon a hearty thumbs up and proposes friendship.

~Status~
Red: 5/5
Green: 5/5
Blue: 5/5
Orange: 5/5
Yellow: 4/5
Purple: 4/5
Teal: 5/5
Brown: 5/5
Maroon: 4/5
Grey: 5/5
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:34:16 am by Gatleos »
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 02:37:12 am »

You Americans and your crazy timezones.

One day I will make an incredibly popular RtD, give it a 1-hour sign-up period and then lock the thread because nobody was online at the time to sign up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21