Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: Hero Caddies RtD! [Book I, Chapter I]  (Read 59573 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Hero Caddies RtD! [Prologue]
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2012, 11:13:07 pm »

IIIIIITS META TIME!

My thoughts were pushed on because of this:
Just out of curiosity, who do you (waitlisters, of course; it wouldn't be fair to ask current players to guess because they might reveal themselves. For example if I say I think Brown is Derm then you know by default I'm not Brown) think everyone is?
Quote from: *Tiruin puts on his worn detective hat and brings out an old English pipe*
>I don't think Irony would be laughing if he was one dying.

>Dermonster would be focused on the destruction of everything living, unless in a team, where he aims for everything else that is living.

>SeriousConcentrate is not Brown. Brown allies with Orange through brofist ritual. Conclusion? Orange defended in the second turn.

>Monk12 is being mysterious, judging by his post. MostlikelybluebecauseIwantstatisticstobewrong.

>Toaster is yellow! For his Avatar is Orange! No, seriously, he could only give that kind of response after being called out.

>Taricus cannot be yellow, as just by giving it out he draws suspicion away from yellow's inevitable death.

>Maroon is allied with Orange and Brown, they conceded to the alliance and are pushing up the teamwork scale.

>I do not know what the Dongrel is. It seems important enough that Maroon was the first to encounter it, being a team player.

>I put people who I have no meta knowledge against in the other colors. This literally means most of you.

>Red, Green and Grey are unharmed. Therefore they must be the most sadistic of the bunch. (Nah, just joking)

>Purple does not like the Dongrel, set about by Maroon.

>Teal is currently being out of focus, so it would be just to claim on another color!

I have a suspicion that the colors stated in the OP, relating to the heroes, must live. Which they are doing quite well.
Um, Gatleos. Is it ok for waitlisters to speculate?

Do not base anything on my speculations. They are just like my performance in Mafia, random and filled with the essence of experiments. In the glory of the term, this would lead to WIFOM!

Actually, I just listed them at random.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 11:27:37 pm by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2012, 11:18:53 pm »

While I do admit Orange is doing exactly what I would do, it's not me. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2012, 11:22:23 pm »

I saw what you did thar.

Anywhoo, random speculation.  ;D

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2012, 11:23:54 pm »

I LOVE random speculation!

's the best bit.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2012, 11:27:05 pm »

I do too. If/When I get bumped off too early to make the game, I might indulge in a bit myself. (Although I will say right now I think Derm is Yellow, not Taric, who I think is Brown. Or am I one of those colors? :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2012, 11:37:11 pm »

I love it too. I hope some more waitlisters share their thoughts. hint, hint. ;)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2012, 11:38:18 pm »

There's probably a whole 'nother game in here somewhere.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2012, 11:44:35 pm »

's called the Metagame.

It's a game in which the moves are figuring out how to play the game.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2012, 11:46:30 pm »

The only way to win is to not play.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2012, 11:46:45 pm »

naw, that's Mao. I'm thinking more like Clue: The RTD. Or something, I'm pretty tired right now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2012, 11:47:31 pm »

A Clue RTD would be pretty crazy, especially if you didn't tell the murderer it was him/her. Let them figure it out over time with everyone else. :3

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2012, 11:51:49 pm »

Ha! I like it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2012, 06:37:25 am »

This is freakin epic!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2012, 05:35:35 pm »

Prologue: Turn 4

Brown's foot fills with a righteous fury, and he unleashes a stalwart strike upon Teal's groin! (ATT) (DEF) His toe kick imparts explosive force upon Teal's crotch, propelling him upward through the ceiling! His body hangs limply from the rafters like a gruesome ceiling fixture, his head shoved humorously through to the other side.
Spoiler: K.O.! (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, outside the tavern, Red shouts to Blue: "I'll be the red to your blue, pal! Help me out here!" He then grabs at Purple in an attempt to sacrifice him to the hungry Dongrel, (ATT) (DEF) but Purple jumps out of the way! Blue agrees to the truce and, as his first act in alliance with Red, he runs away. (...) But first, in a fit of temporary insanity, Blue approaches the Dongrel and gives it a big hug!

Back inside, Yellow grabs a broken bottle and tries to finish Maroon! (ATT) (DEF) Maroon swats the bottle out of his hand and jumps up onto the counter, then attempts to topple a barrel of booze onto Yellow's head! (ATT) (DEF) Yellow kicks off the wall and flips over the barrel as it explodes on the floor, landing on the bar counter with Maroon and going for a haymaker punch to the face! (ATT) (DEF) The shot connects, and Maroon is knocked out cold and sent flying! He tumbles backward and lands head-first in the largest unopened barrel of ale, most likely drowning in the booze while unconscious. Like a true barkeep, he goes down with his tavern. Like a true drunk, he drowns in booze.
Spoiler: K.O.! (click to show/hide)

Yellow, thoroughly exhausted, crawls across the burning floor toward the window, but can't quite make it. Back outside, Purple lashes out at Red and tries to slam his head into the cobblestone! (ATT) (DEF) Red jumps back to avoid Purple's grapple, and tries to kick him in the side of the head again! (ATT) (DEF) Purple blocks the kick with his forearm, and assumes the crane position!

Back inside the bar once more, Green approaches the bar counter and hefts a barrel onto his shoulders! (...) He then runs toward the front of the bar and jumps out the window! His foot snags on the window frame and he tumbles clumsily onto the street, launching the heavy booze barrel forward toward the Dongrel! (...) The Dongrel shoves Blue to the side and jumps over the barrel as it rolls across the street! (...) Orange charges up the stairs, "accidentally" leaving the cellar door open so that the horrors within can escape, and tumbles out the broken window to the relative safety of the street! (...) Grey does the same, leaving only Yellow and Brown inside the burning bar!

The Dongrel once again flies into a rage and launches itself at (...) Purple! (ATT) (DEF) The Dongrel's attack is fierce, but Purple expertly dodges its hanging jaws with a vertical jump! The fire in the bar still rages, reaching dangerous levels! Anyone still inside must avoid the flames or be toasted!

~Status~
Red: 5/5
Green: 5/5
Blue: 4/5
Orange: 4/5
Yellow: 1/5
Purple: 4/5
Brown: 2/5
Grey: 5/5
DONGREL: 7/10
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:41:53 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2012, 05:46:47 pm »

Goddamnit. :P First dead. Oh well. Who was Maroon?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21