Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: Hero Caddies RtD! [Book I, Chapter I]  (Read 59605 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Hero Caddies RtD! [Prologue]
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2012, 10:31:02 pm »

Y'know what, I'm totally gonna assume Toaster was my Orange buddy. And I'll guess that Derm was Grey because Grey is rolling fairly well? This is hard.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2012, 10:38:56 pm »

Huh, I was wrong. Great  :-\
Not only that, because there's 1:1 matching, each wrong guess is both wrong and means you were wrong one other place. You can still make 6/10 though! :P
Heh, let's find out when everyone else gets killed off through non-lethal immolation.  :D

Go Gatleos!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2012, 12:54:01 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Prologue: Turn 5

Red and Blue team up to destroy Purple, moving into formation and attacking in tandem! First Blue sneaks up behind Purple, (ATT) (DEF) and holds him still while Red charges toward him! (ATT) (DEF) Red kicks Purple in the stomach, knocking the wind out of him! He crumples and wheezes. Nearby, Orange gives the thumbs up to Red and Blue.

Meanwhile, back in the tavern, Brown tries to shove Yellow into the rising flames! (ATT) (DEF) Yellow cunningly avoids the attack, his burnt, skeletal face flickering in the firelight as he dances around Brown's strikes! Eventually, Brown gets bored and (...) jumps out the window, leaving Yellow by himself in the burning building! Yellow, thoroughly burnt and hungry for revenge, (...) grabs a barrel of grog and pours it over his head. He then sticks his arm into the rising flames, setting himself alight! In addition to being a valuable commodity amongst filthy drunks, grog contains an extremely slow-burning chemical compound which makes it fantastic for fire ditch-based castle defense. As such, it forms a thin protective shield against the fire on Yellow's skin.

Yellow sprints toward the window, but not before slinging a blob of napalm-esque burning grog at one of the booze barrels! The explosion from the barrel sets off a chain reaction in the tavern, and the whole building goes up behind him as he sails through the air, laughing and burning! His cloak is shredded by the intense heat, and flutters behind him by his neck like a cape of flames.

A massive storm, er... (...) actually pretty sparse barrage of shrapnel flies from the tavern explosion, and everyone (except the crazy guy in midair) is knocked off their feet by the deafening shockwave!

Red Green Blue Orange Yellow Purple Brown Grey DONGREL

Red, Orange, Brown and Grey hit the deck while the shrapnel flies overhead, the blazing heat radiating outward from the flaming booze cloud! Green pops his collar, pulls out a medallion from within his robes, combs his goatee, and boogies down! His ingenious dodging method ensures that he does, indeed, stay alive. Blue, meanwhile, utilizes his still-active temporary insanity and flips over a flying wooden plank, landing on top of it and surfing it through the air! He subtly influences his path through the air with strokes of an air guitar, shredding his way back to the ground and coming to rest in the middle of the street. Another flaming wooden plank strikes Purple in the head, and he is knocked to the ground. The Dongrel easily dodges the shrapnel, hopping about the litter strewn street to avoid the flying tavern bits.

At last Yellow lands, his flesh a raging inferno of burning grog. He hefts Green's booze barrel into the air and tosses it at the Dongrel! (ATT) (DEF) The Dongrel once again dodges the barrel, and it rolls across the street harmlessly. Purple picks up the burning plank that hit him on the head and swings it at Red, (ATT) (DEF) but their wits match again and Red just manages to avoid the flaming chunk of tree meat!

It's that time again, and the Dongrel pounces on (...) Yellow! (ATT) (DEF) Yellow jumps out of the path of the hulking reptile, and arcs his flaming arm upward in a fiery punch! (ATT) (DEF) The Dongrel is far too fast for him however, and brings its razor jaws down on his head! (ATT) (DEF) Yellow's infernal visage, silhouetted against the billowing pillar of booze-fueled fire, is torn apart in an instant as the Dongrel's hungry jaws pry his head from his shoulders! His body falls to the debris-strewn ground as his soul wavers off the mortal coil, cackling madly the whole way.
Spoiler: K.O.! (click to show/hide)

About this time, Zabrek citizens start to come out of their homes to see the source of the tavern-shattering kaboom. The captain of the guard, backed up by the town's meager 3-man militia, rushes out of the guardhouse and looks around the street. "What in the name of Wilros is going on here?!" Just then, Grey, who had previously grabbed the barrel of ale thrown by Green and Yellow as well as a burning plank (for the purpose of immolating the town), steps in front of the guards! (ATT) (DEF) using an overhand toss, he heaves the barrel at the guards! It lands on the street in front of them and, due to the previous heaps of abuse directed toward it, bursts open! The guards are soaked with aged ale! Grey then picks up the burning plank and tosses it like a spear into the captain of the guard's forehead, setting he and the other guards on fire! They fall to the ground in the middle of the street, screaming and swatting at the flames to no avail!

Just then, the adventurers rush out of the inn across town and look around! "What in blazes-" Odysseus Hawklight looks up and down the devastated street, awestruck. The adventurers begin to rush across town toward the tavern explosion site.

~Status~
Red: 5/5
Green: 5/5
Blue: 4/5
Orange: 4/5
Purple: 2/5
Brown: 2/5
Grey: 5/5
DONGREL: 7/10
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2012, 09:35:36 am »

The end, it nears! (Of the prologue anywho)

I would also like to take credit for indirectly slaying Yellow, as that was MY starving enraged Dongrel. His name is Mr. Wiffles, and daddy loves him very much.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2012, 09:38:41 am »

Hmm, now it's time to take off the Yellow Ranger's mask here and see who it was...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2012, 09:58:39 am »

Yellow had to have been derm, right?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2012, 10:14:46 am »

*Holds up a sign saying "GO YELLOW BLUE GO!"*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2012, 10:31:00 am »

This is utterly confusing.

I love it.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2012, 10:40:04 am »

Well, I jumped out of that window dramatically, alright.

Well, it's looks like Grey is going to try to burn down the rest of the town. :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:19:42 pm by BullDog »

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2012, 05:11:43 pm »

Ok, here's are my bets:

Blue is Scelly9, Red is Adwarf, Orange is Toaster, Green is IronyOwl, Purple is lawastooshort and Brown is Taricus.
These are just vague hunches, but I'm almost certain that Grey is Dermonster.
Grey seems like he wants to burn the whole town down.

Now I get to sit back and watch all my guesses turn out wrong. :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2012, 05:17:57 pm »

HMM, judging by color...

Quote from: My Convoluted Guess
Red - Dermonster
Orange - SeriousConcentrate
Yellow -Taricus! Toaster
Green - IronyOwl
Blue - monk12
Purple - lawastooshort
Teal - Taricus
Brown (which is not brown?!) -Scelly9
Maroon - Bulldog
Grey - adwarf

I don't think Irony would be laughing if he was one dying.

I am bound to get one correct! I just know it!
Ok, here's are my bets:

Blue is Scelly9, Red is Adwarf, Orange is Toaster, Green is IronyOwl, Purple is lawastooshort and Brown is Taricus.
These are just vague hunches, but I'm almost certain that Grey is Dermonster.
Grey seems like he wants to burn the whole town down.

Now I get to sit back and watch all my guesses turn out wrong. :P
2/2 people agree: I'm Green and lawastooshort's Purple!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2012, 05:22:59 pm »

Looks like Bulldog agrees with me that Taric is Brown. Also good arguments for Derm being Grey; although initially I thought he was Yellow, I got proven wrong there. :P However, I'm pretty sure Irony is not Green. I don't think he would pop his collar, ever, under any circumstances. :P I think Green is actually la since that strikes me as the kind of detail he would put into his action.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2012, 08:25:14 pm »

Reading the guesses is almost as good as the rest of the game!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2012, 09:51:12 pm »

Prologue: Turn 6

The street becomes choked with smoke and soot, rushing past in the firm wind. The fight continues in the street! Blue dismounts his burning plank and tosses it at Purple! (ATT) (DEF) The plank bounces off his head, nearly knocking him out! Brown follows this up with a running jump, and dropkicks Purple in the face! (ATT) (DEF) The attack caves in Purple's skull and sends his corpse flying across the street! Orange runs over to the corpse and picks it up to use as an anti-Dongrel meat-shield.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, Red attempts to tame the wild Dongrel with a slab of tasty meat! Orange is making use of Purple's corpse, so he picks up Yellow instead. (...) The offer of cooked flesh simply throws the Dongrel into a rage! Red leaps out of the way as the Dongrel gets all up on the tasty meat, tearing it apart! Green, well-acquainted with the Dongrel's behavior, (...) readies himself to dodge its lunge in a most likely funky fashion.

Grey begins a search for sanctuary from retribution for his quadruple murder, and runs off down the street looking for a hiding spot! (...) He comes across a barn near the other end of town and slips inside as the adventurers rush past, barring the door behind him. In his relief at finding relative safety, he walks blindly backward into the barn and whacks his head on a hanging lantern. The lantern falls into a bed of straw, lighting it on fire!

The Dongrel once again launches itself at a new victim, (...) Green! (ATT) (DEF) The Dongrel flies at Green with amazing speed, but he is ready. Green's moves are so fresh as to be ridiculous. The Dongrel attempts to dig it, but you need, like, a construction permit to use the type of equipment required for digging of this magnitude. The point is, the Dongrel misses.

The adventurers arrive on the scene, and Odysseus steps forward. "We leave for two minutes, and you blow up the-" Suddenly, the Dongrel lunges at the heroes! Davkul raises his axe, but Coratra steps in front of him! She raises her hand to the Dongrel, and it stops in its tracks. The elf stares into the Dongrel's eyes for a few moments, then speaks. "Down, Mr. Wiffles. Good boy." The Dongrel becomes docile, and lays on the ground. She appears to have read the creature's mind somehow. Odysseus blinks a few times, then turns to the peasants again. "We leave for two minutes, and you blow up the tavern?! What is the meaning of this?!"

~Status~
Red: 5/5
Green: 5/5
Blue: 4/5
Orange: 4/5
Brown: 2/5
Grey: 5/5
DONGREL: 7/10
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2012, 10:06:08 pm »

:o

That was surprising.

1 more death and the roles will be unveiled...

The thing was, Taricus claimed yellow, but after yellow's death, Bulldog came through. Hm.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21