Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136]

Author Topic: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.  (Read 191221 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When it mentions Turkish flags, are they insinuating Turkish annexation?

That's a pretty good question. On one hand, they're a very potent symbol of victory, on the other, they're markers of claimed territory.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

That's a pretty good question. On one hand, they're a very potent symbol of victory, on the other, they're markers of claimed territory.
The natural borders of the Ottoman Erdogan Sultanate are those of the Middle East itself. /s
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Don't forget Cyprus
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Erdogan has said that he will have the Turkish army push onwards, and expand the scope of operation Olive Branch to Manbij, Kobani, Ras al-Ayn and Kamishli.
Basically this means the entire Kurdish territory in Northern Syria.

Furthermore, Erdogan threatened that he is willing to even invade into Iraq, to fight the Kurdish fighters around Sinjar, unless the Iraqi government takes action against the Kurds themselves.

Looks like Erdofuck is going to go full genocide on the Kurds. I wonder how much longer NATO will tolerate a psychopat ally.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:39:37 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Interesting. Especially since the SAA was already moving to help the Kurds against the Turks, god knows how this is going to end.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Interesting. Especially since the SAA was already moving to help the Kurds against the Turks, god knows how this is going to end.
Probably it will end with the UN declaring NATO the new nazis for allowing Turkey to genocide the Kurds, and then the rest of the world will all nuke us. Except NK, who will accidentally nuke the last Kurdish refugee camp, because their nukes can't aim for shit.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Genocide? That's nonsense, Turkey would never do something so horrible.

It's clear that the Kurds are intent on committing mass suicide just to give the Turks a bad name.

#fakenews!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh FFS, why do they always go after the statues?

Since Turkey is in military control of these areas literally the only thing preventing annexation is trust that Erdogan would not do such a thing.

Personally I would say Erdogan has shown that he is exactly the type of person that would annex these area's.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

statues are a large and physical form of propaganda. Everyone always goes for the statues.
I know. It still saddens me every time. Mankind, no matter what political or religious affiliation, seems to find their opponent's statues irresistible targets for destruction.

Ggobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ptw
Just popping in to say that if DF has taught me anything, it's that everything is doomed.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

statues are a large and physical form of propaganda. Everyone always goes for the statues.
I know. It still saddens me every time. Mankind, no matter what political or religious affiliation, seems to find their opponent's statues irresistible targets for destruction.
We must save the statues from Erdogan's rampant vandalism. By the destroying his statues. It's the only way.

But really, can't they just remove the statue and put it in storage if they want it out of the public eye?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Erdogan has started ranting at Macron. The French government has offered to mediate between Turkey and the US-backed SDF forces.
Macron met a delegation in Paris last thursday of Christian, arab, and Kurdish SDF members, and this has pissed off Erdogan.

Erdogan warned France that they 'should not interfere with Turkish business in northern Syria.
Erdogan told Macron 'who the fuck do you think you are that you think you can mediate between Turkey and terrorists?'

Turkey considers SDF to be the Syrian branch of the terrorists organisation PKK, while the rest of NATO view them as their most reliable allies in the war against IS.

Macron in turn, promised the SDF his support in 'stabilising Northern Syria'. According to the SDF, France will send more ground troops to the area (there are already French special forces operating in Syria, and French airforce).
The French government denies nor confirms that more troops will be deployed.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I have leaked documents detailing Erdogan's warning to Macron
Dear Emmanual Macron,

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my club in the National Turkish Student Union, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Kurdish militia, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in what's left of the Turkish armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Turks across the EU and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in Turkish oil wrestling, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Special Forces Command and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, baguetto.

Sincerely, Erdogan

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Meanwhile in Syria, the Israeli air force bombed about 60 Iranian targets, after an Iranian missile launcher launched 20 missiles at Israel. According to the Israeli command, almost all military infrastructure belonging to Iran has been hit in the attacks.
Russian forces in Syria were notified by Israel beforehand. Assad has been warned not to intervene.Some Syrian anti-air batteries were also taken out after they fired at Israeli planes.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-44063022
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/09/world/middleeast/israel-iran-attack.html
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 04:50:18 am by martinuzz »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Things could become even more dire in Yemen. The port of Hodeida, currently controlled by the Houthi and through which most of the aid going to Yemen is transiting is being attacked by the Saudi and Emirati coalition. The port is currently being surrounded. If a siege devellop, aid could be cut to most of Yemen.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136]