Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 651281 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #615 on: April 23, 2012, 08:17:27 pm »

XD I didnt mean to have a pun.

Today has been a ☼good day☼.1
True, but I am going to monitor this project to see what will happen next.
Oh, sure nothing wrong with keeping an eye on them.
The punz are strong in this one...
Eye don't get it.
eye believe that the puns aren't going to last long, nor be very punny.

then again, this is B12, home of the tree pun.
What a wooden response. My cousin Iris agrees.

1.Did anyone else read that as "Toady"?. I think the part of my brain that deals with words is going to sleep.

I read it as "three toe"

The Mechanical Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Brian Steelhelm the Disciplined
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 23, 2012, 09:20:48 pm »

Really, you guys are down to 'eye' puns now?

Man, they just keep getting cornea and cornea...
Quote from: XxoriginxX
The upside is that I have meat stores at around 1200 units now. And the bones... oh, the sweet, sweet bones...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 23, 2012, 09:24:25 pm »

Alright! Stop that! It's just silly.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 23, 2012, 09:39:17 pm »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 23, 2012, 09:42:24 pm »

...and a bit suspect, I think!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 23, 2012, 09:51:30 pm »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/372552109/weird-brain-podcast

So, this one confounds me. They didnt have any real Rewards. Their presentation wasnt that good. And their Goal, should have been higher. 300 dollars to get Recording Equipment and to Design a Website (hosting I suppose they'll cover out of pocket), seems way to low.

The recorder they ended up buying, was 289 dollars. Minus the Kickstater fee, that left them around 180 dollars for website design. And thats not including the Income Tax for the crowd sourcing.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #621 on: April 23, 2012, 10:04:46 pm »

So I was trying to find this one thing which basically went through all the reasons I think Mr. Lottery Pizza guy would fail and I found it. Some of you may have heard of Extra Credits (if not you should check it out) and they did all my work for me so without further ado, here is a link to their video on what it takes to be a game designer.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #622 on: April 23, 2012, 10:06:31 pm »

I wonder how that one succeeded.

Also, MrWiggles, $500 probably won't be taxed (much). Considering that a single dependent gets about $300 deducted for unearned income, they'll only pay some $200's worth. IIRC that was less than $20 tax.

(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 23, 2012, 10:14:27 pm »

So I was trying to find this one thing which basically went through all the reasons I think Mr. Lottery Pizza guy would fail and I found it. Some of you may have heard of Extra Credits (if not you should check it out) and they did all my work for me so without further ado, here is a link to their video on what it takes to be a game designer.

Yeah, I lack a few of those, but I can make up for it by having a wealth of resources to call upon when in need.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 23, 2012, 10:22:33 pm »

I wonder how that one succeeded.

Also, MrWiggles, $500 probably won't be taxed (much). Considering that a single dependent gets about $300 deducted for unearned income, they'll only pay some $200's worth. IIRC that was less than $20 tax.

(
Yea, it wont be a lot, but it still money being taken away, with such a low amount of money its noticeable.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 24, 2012, 01:53:30 pm »

Ok, the guy who started your world is seemingly rather stupid. This quotation, for example:

Note: Characters will not be permitted to run around buck naked…. Or can they? Every game needs a good mystery.

I, personally don't see any mystery in that in the least. It's somebody running around naked. Seriously. There's nothing special about it. This guy seems like he's trying to give everybody everything they want and fail at it miserably.

If I'm missing something blatantly obvious, could somebody fill me in?

Also, two people have donated 10,000 or more? Wow. Just wow.

Edit: Threatening a supposed "Troll" (Who is probably completely reasonable and sane) with legal action (or at the very least mentioning that he could do it in a threatening way), this guy seems to be going mad with power.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:58:37 pm by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 24, 2012, 01:56:17 pm »

they were given the money by bartlet himself, surelly

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #627 on: April 24, 2012, 01:59:31 pm »

More realistically, 104 donated $0 as there's not a snowball's chance that it's actually going to get funded.

Actually, on that note, can anyone that's done the Kickstarter thing comment on if your money is taken out when you sign up and held in escrow 9and returned if the project fails) or only when the project succeeds?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 24, 2012, 02:01:33 pm »

More realistically, 104 donated $0 as there's not a snowball's chance that it's actually going to get funded.

Actually, on that note, can anyone that's done the Kickstarter thing comment on if your money is taken out when you sign up and held in escrow 9and returned if the project fails) or only when the project succeeds?

You aren't even charged (escrow) until the project succeeds.  It uses Amazon Payments, which can be deferred, altered, canceled, and so on.  You risk NOTHING by throwing a $10,000 pledge at Your World.

(If it doesn't get fully funded, no skin off your back, you don't even NEED TO HAVE 10k.  And you can always cancel your pledge on the last day)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #629 on: April 24, 2012, 02:10:03 pm »

After I asked, I actually went to go find the Kickstarter ToS, but you were faster. :)

Also, technically it's slightly before 24 hours that you can still cancel, at least according to this:
Backers may increase, decrease, or cancel their pledge at any time during the fundraising campaign, except that they may not cancel or reduce their pledge if the campaign is in its final 24 hours and the cancellation or reduction would drop the campaign below its goal.

But the lack of a need to actually have the money makes me curious if the two $10k backers are 1) actually serious, 2) secretly Bartlett in disguise, 3) just screwing with him. There are entirely too many comments that actually sound positive for me to have particularly much faith in humanity's collective judgement in this matter...
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 213