Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 645433 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #570 on: April 20, 2012, 08:49:18 pm »

Indeed they did, I think there's a cracked article on it. Something about 'Dick moves', but all those articles are bascially written the same way.
Hello Hunam

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #571 on: April 20, 2012, 08:50:57 pm »

especially when there was not a single challenge in the game that necessitated it.
Quitting?

On an unrelated note: What was that MMO that had it's servers crashed by the dev. team because the players were about to 'finish' the game?
that multiplayer dwarf fortress server?
\
There was an incident in EverQuest where some players were about the kill 'The Sleeper' so the GM's despawned it.

The Sleeper was not intended to be killed, waking him triggers a script where he kills EVERYONE, as in, not just the players in the zone that he slept in, he then rampages throughout the game killing old raid bosses, and lots of other players and such; as a once-per-server event.

The problem was the PvP servers had never woken him; however a new guild intended to do so; so all the other top guilds on the PvP server actually worked together to wake the sleeper instead of the upstarts;and proceeded to nearly win by 'zerg'ing him (having enough clerics to just keep rezzing, and rezzing, and rezzing... players as they died) so that he could never have everyone in the zone dead at once to continue the script...

Since the GM's did not know if that would break something, the force-despawned The Sleeper in the middle of the fight; and there was MUCH rage.

Later, the GM's gave everyone who participated some reward, and a chance to properly kill the sleeper once they checked that it wouldn't break the server. The loot on the corpse at the end was a generic "Cloth Cap" like what drops from level 1 mobs.

The commemorate the event, one of the anniversary quests rewards a different "Cloth Cap" (with a special click-effect).

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=83326
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 20, 2012, 08:52:32 pm »

Another reason for Final Fantasy not to be an mmo, then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 20, 2012, 08:58:46 pm »

Oh, yes thats the one, thank you. Got to go check it again, good story from what I remember.
Unfortunately it hasn't been updating for a while. The author is running an exalted based forum game (vaguely similar to Homestuck) though.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #574 on: April 20, 2012, 09:11:21 pm »

I went and looked, its farther along then when I last looked at it. The change in art is a little jarring but nice and not quite as OoTS as it was. I lost the links to a number of webcomics when my laptop died a while back and even if it is on hiatus its nice to find it again.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #575 on: April 20, 2012, 09:15:18 pm »

Personally, I don't like the most recent art style :(

I like the one just after the sorcerer ritual best. Or the style my avvie is in.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 20, 2012, 09:16:46 pm »

The Banner Saga is done with the Kickstartering, ending as around 720%.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #577 on: April 20, 2012, 09:21:09 pm »

Personally, I don't like the most recent art style :(

I like the one just after the sorcerer ritual best. Or the style my avvie is in.
Okay, your right, I was just trying to make myself like the new art. Some of the characters do look okay but most, especially the character in you avatar look better in that style. *sigh*
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #578 on: April 20, 2012, 09:28:16 pm »

Yeah, poor Secret D:

Also, the yellow-haired guy's (forgot name xD) most recent hairstyle is too puffy for my taste.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #579 on: April 20, 2012, 09:31:23 pm »

Its partly the eyes. They just don't look right anymore.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #580 on: April 20, 2012, 09:38:01 pm »

Secret's eyes really aren't the same when they are not black ovals with a red ring around them. T_T

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 20, 2012, 10:27:51 pm »

The Banner Saga is done with the Kickstartering, ending as around 720%.

As is Velociraptor! Cannibalism! at 1090%  Woo!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 20, 2012, 10:29:08 pm »

Nice.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 20, 2012, 10:33:57 pm »

Nice.

$400 shy of that nice, round, 1100%
Still, great turnout.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 21, 2012, 01:48:08 am »

It certainly speaks well of kickstarter that we can make a thread about guffawing at one of the biggest idiots on the internet and still repeatedly "derail" into positive things.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 213