Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 650128 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #3150 on: May 14, 2018, 11:35:03 am »

That KS has to be a joke.
Did you actually click the link? There's way too much material in there for it to be a joke.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: May 14, 2018, 11:35:38 am »

I did. I went through the campaign page. It *has* to be a joke. Noone can be that self-deluded.

Edit: look at this

To Lance Goodale: Thank you for the intelligent questions, I did learn Akkadian or Cajun French as a kid, but can’t remember enough to slip most of the time lol, dyslexia always says it spelled right too.

Who the fuck claims to have learned fucking Akkadian as a kid?  It *has* to be a joke.

I'm tempted to write an email to this guy and inquire.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 11:39:28 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: May 14, 2018, 11:46:42 am »

I'm tempted to write an email to this guy and inquire.
Do it. Post results.

For extra humour, run your email past an Akkadian translator website beforehand.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: May 14, 2018, 11:55:19 am »

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: May 14, 2018, 03:58:51 pm »

Here's a classic kickstarter fail: Project delayed because the sun said not to publish the game
That response to the claim that she is breaking the law by not delivering her paid-for products is...interesting.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: May 14, 2018, 05:05:19 pm »

Here's a classic kickstarter fail: Project delayed because the sun said not to publish the game
That response to the claim that she is breaking the law by not delivering her paid-for products is...interesting.
"What's that? You jaywalked? Then you can't call the cops on me, you criminal scum."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: May 14, 2018, 05:42:30 pm »

Get this:   she started another kickstaryer

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820893788/eternal-war-of-the-candy-realms/description
She might actually be mentally ill. Those Candy Realm cards are borderline nightmare-inducing. She probably thinks they're cute, but they're actually a little alarming.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: May 14, 2018, 05:47:26 pm »

So she mentions that she was driven 'sane' by the previous project and has gotten over that. Someone asks her in the comments as to what this means, and her response is this.

Molly Friedrich 3-time creator 1 day ago
Being driven sane is partly a joke, and partly a comment about our culture's awkward narrative dissonance over sanity.

I've written in depth about my opinion on this topic on Twitter if you are curious, but the main point i was making is that there is no official way to establish "a purely sane" status.

Ie there's no "going sane" pathway that is clearly marked and agreed upon... what we call "sanity" is simply the determination that someone isn't a threat to themselves or others. Which seems like an okay stop-gap, but is very ignorant of the kind of relationship that life and death is seeking to create as its evolutionary opinion of sanity.

Mostly this subject boils down to food, and a culture that eats other races of plant and animal every day, while still calling themselves "non-racist".

A kid's game isn't really the best place to take on this subject on a real way tho.

I'm confused as to what this means.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: May 14, 2018, 05:59:00 pm »

At a guess, she's either trolling or still (to borrow a phrase I read in one novel or another) nuttier than squirrel poo.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: May 14, 2018, 06:07:17 pm »

She'd be better off by starting a kickstarted to get her therapy sessions. She could even offer her games as stretch goals.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: May 14, 2018, 06:11:30 pm »

She'd be better off by starting a kickstarted to get her therapy sessions. She could even offer her games as stretch goals.
"The sun forbade me from attending therapy. Thanks for the free money though."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: May 14, 2018, 06:27:50 pm »

She amended it later to saying that it was actually the US Navy (the Sun was a ruse). Which... I mean, it's kind of an unusual pick since the US has folks like CIA to pin conspiracies on instead.

Also apparently racism is not discriminating against other humans based on a shitty perversion of the concept of genetics or sometimes anthropology, but rather it is eating organic matter originating from living organisms.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: May 14, 2018, 06:33:02 pm »

She amended it later to saying that it was actually the US Navy (the Sun was a ruse). Which... I mean, it's kind of an unusual pick since the US has folks like CIA to pin conspiracies on instead.

Also apparently racism is not discriminating against other humans based on a shitty perversion of the concept of genetics or sometimes anthropology, but rather it is eating organic matter originating from living organisms.
Might be a Flat Earther; I hear some of them think that "Antarctica" is actually an enormous ice wall that marks the edge of the world, and the world's navies constantly patrol the ice wall to destroy anyone coming too close to it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: May 14, 2018, 06:34:10 pm »

Might be a Flat Earther; I hear some of them think that "Antarctica" is actually an enormous ice wall that marks the edge of the world, and the world's navies constantly patrol the ice wall to destroy anyone coming too close to it.
One thing I always wonder about flat-earth (and hollow-earth) theories is... what is even outside the world in this cosmology of theirs?
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213