Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32

Author Topic: RTD - Roll to Dodge Library & Hall of Fame (updated 6/17)  (Read 102442 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
RTD - Roll to Dodge Library & Hall of Fame (updated 6/17)
« on: March 16, 2012, 08:25:49 pm »

Welcome to the RtD Hall of Fame & Library! Roll to Dodge games are perhaps the most unique of Bay12's many forum games. Although other forums do have some RtDs, Bay12 has not only the most games, but also has the most players, most posts on average, and in fact may have perfected the art of the Roll to Dodge game.

In this Library, the Curator (which is me, for now) will store all Roll to Dodges that are submitted.
Roll to Dodges, when submitted, should have info about (a) status* (b) short summary.

All RtDs are placed on the Library list when first submitted. RtDs that have lasted for more than one month and have a reasonable amount of activity during that period will be eligible for votes**. When any RtD has received fivesix votes, it will be taken out of the Library and raised to the Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame will be sorted by first votes, than alphabetically.

The voters for any RtD can be viewed by mousing-over the asterisk before the summary.

Before voting up an RtD to the Hall of Fame, please consider if that RtD is really worthy of being preserved and prominently displayed.
If you simply wish to record the RtD in the Library, check the current list before voting.

All submitted RtDs that are younger than one month will be marked with a red ?. All submitted RtDs which have their GM voting for recording are marked with an orange *.

What to do when voting
- Make sure to bold your vote.
- Provide a link to the OP.
- Provide a synopsis if you are the first voter.
- Mention if the game is a minimalist game.

What not to do when voting
- Do not vote for a Library game if you do not wish for it to be in the Hall of Fame.

Updates monthly!

Roll to Dodge Hall of Fame

Einsteinian Roulette / Shipboard thread (Out of Mission)
*The Hazardous Materials Requisition Corps sends criminals and unlucky people to search for shiny alien trinkets of dubious utility in every deathworld and hellhole they find in order to assist in the efforts of whichever war the dictatorial human government has gotten itself into. The unfortunate bastards whom the RtD center are based on a ship dominated by Steve, who may or may not be a complete reproduction of the GM's personality. The (most of times) unwilling volunteers then try to survive their first mission with a spacesuit which provides as much protection as a sweater and a fish bowl for their head. Then it gets worse.
Expect a) occasional death, b) loss of limbs and c) brains being put into robot bodies.

This awards-winning (or perhaps award-winning, seeing it has only won once 'til now) RTD also has a TVTropes page.
Active, 15 votes

Perplexicon
* A game in which the players are given only a book, and the clothes on their backs, and are tasked with the objective to killing all other players using the words in the magic book. But the meaning of every word in the book is unknown, and the players must also figure out the meanings of the words to conjure bizarre objects and creatures. Run by the well-known Piecewise, with his other game (Einsteinian Roulette) gracing the top of the Hall of Fame, right above.
Active, 12 votes

The Multiworld Madness games I
*Created by the pioneer of the RTD genre and may even be the first of their kind, the first Multiworld Madness game is a repository of top notch GMing, perhaps the best there ever was. Ground to a halt under its own sheer size after three years of struggling along, and then sprouted a sequel.
9 votes

The Magnificent Timelord
*"Hmmf Evil has reigned for too long, man," thought the Magnificent Timelord to himself. "Time for some ch-ch-changes... Time for Evil to face the pain... Or something..."
Four of humanity's finest join David Bowie's sequin-fuelled crusade through time, space, and an intricate plot to rid Earth of the greatest evils ever known. Featuring guest stars, guest speedos, dinoHITLER, and astounding acts of individual heroism!
Active, 8 votes

Mushroom Kingdom Wars
*A plot-heavy, illustrated game loosely based on the Mario series. Up to six heroes quest to free Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach from Bowser's clutches.
Active, 8 votes

Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia
*Ponies, historical figures, celebrities and cultural icons try to take down Princess Celestia's oppressive rule with a bloody revolution under General Luna. It features a multitude of rappers, dark lords, psychos, knights, gangsters, samurais, generals, aliens, wizards, B-ballers and much more brawling it out in an all-out interdimensional war.
Active, 7 votes

Deviation-22.
*Dystopian Sci-fi RTD set in both the Sol and Epsilion Eridani solar systems. Features include psionics, cybernetics, technocratic Arbiters, insane programs with delusions of grandeur, jump gates of unknown providence, really bad attempts at disguise, Tarran's obsession with friendly fire, and more! The longest RTD currently in existence. You have been warned.
Active, 7 votes

Roll to Roll to Dodge
* Created by Gatleos, the Roll to Roll to Dodge series was perhaps one of the few who could match Multiworld Madness for sheer (Technical) numbers of players and quality, and is where RTD legend Derm began his heinous career of terror among the RTD community. Also the only game to have a Trope Page.
Hiatus, 7 votes

Castlevania Roll to Dodge
*A long-running RTD based on the Castlevania game series.
Dropped/Dead, 6 votes

Looter's Delight
A perplexicon style deathmatch game where kills get rewarded with loot, ranging from a Lovecraftian glaive monster named Moretti to a hot cup of tea to Rick Astley, and most notoriously a pair of panties.
Active, 7 votes

Roll to Seek the Grail
*Four knights at a time quest for the Holy Grail as shenanigans and injuries ensue at their every move.
Done, 6 votes

Spoiler: Library (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:43:17 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: RTD - Roll to Dodge Library & Hall of Fame & FAQ
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 08:26:57 pm »

Welcome to the RtD Hall of Fame & Library, Minimalist subdivision!

Roll to Dodge Minimalist Hall of Fame

YOU AT FINAL BOSS
Titanic beings of unimaginable power, the Players, war for victory against the ambiguous Lich, Final Boss of All. Plots entwine and twist and mutate into new forms. Alliances rise and fall, never to be remembered, only destroyed. Whole wars are fought, entire realms devastated, to sate the sick pleasures of the Dark Ones.
In the place beyond time and death, there is only war. War and the laughter of thirsting gods.
Also TVTropes.
Done, 6 votes

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:32:22 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Roll to Dodge Library & Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 08:30:55 pm »

I vote for *Deep breath*
The Multiworld Madness games
*Created by the pioneer of the RTD genre and may even be the first of their kind, The Multiworld madness games are repositories of top notch GMing, perhaps the best there ever was. The creator has sadly disappeared for parts equine related.
Nominatee.

Roll to Roll to Dodge
*Created by Gatleos, the Roll to Roll to Dodge series was perhaps one of the few who could match Multiworld Madness for sheer (Technical) numbers of players and quality, and is where RTD legend Derm began his heinous career of terror among the RTD community. Also the only game to have a Trope Page.
Nominatee.

Endless RTD
Created by the community as a whole, join five unlucky heroes as they venture through the RTD that will never end, as GM's Switch leadership once the time is right.
Nominatee

The Arcanum Octet games
I... can't actually remember much about these ones.
Nominatee.

Aaaand fuck I'm having a brain fart.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 04:35:36 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 08:31:30 pm »

You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 08:38:06 pm »

I nominate for HoF:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=76875.0 Deviation-22. Alive. Sci-fi RTD on an alien world. Minus aliens, instead aliens are mutated Terran creatures.

I offer:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91236.0 RTD of the Dragon. Alive. A medieval fantasy(obviously) RTD where the players are dragons.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81419 The Westlands. Dead. A medieval fantasy in a chaos-irradiated land.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=58946. USDF Spaceship RTD. Dead. A Sci-fi RTD where the players are crewmembers of ships.

I offer from others:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104470.0 The Covenant of Arcane Steel. Alive. A medieval fantasy RTD where duos of mages and knights do stuff.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96930.0 Darkmoon. Dead. A typical medieval fantasy RTD where wizards and others go places.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91870.0 Rise of Dragons. Dead. A medieval fantasy(obviously) RTD where the players are dragons.

Now, I suggest asking Toady to sticky this.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:46:17 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 08:40:56 pm »

I'll second the Arcanum Octets. First, Second.

Under the same category (ridiculous wizard games, or somesuch), I'd also like to add Westlands and Staggered Magi.

EDIT: Good idea, Gat.

The premise of all these games is that the players are mages of some description, acquiring experience points in and leveling up various schools of magic. Being an RTD, it also features somewhat freeform and certainly unpredictable magic within that framework, leading to mass quantities of FUN!

Recurring examples include murdering comrades through healing magic and berserk summons, though each game has its own flavor and highlights.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 11:10:26 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 08:44:10 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77939.0 CVRTD. Alive. A long-running RTD based on the Castlevania game series.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=94754.0 Roll to Seek the Grail. Finished. Four knights at a time quest for the Holy Grail as shenanigans and injuries ensue at their every move.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=97633.0 Fortress of Blood. Dead according to Dwarm on IRC (I think?). A dungeon-crawler RTD heavy on role-playing.

I will not nominate my own games because that doesn't feel right.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:08:11 pm by freeformschooler »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 08:55:48 pm »

I second Deviation 22, and CvRTD

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 09:00:54 pm »

FINE THEN YOU RUN IT
I have no qualms. ;D

I'll just throw in Zealots and Demons and Mushroom Kingdom Wars.

Also, it may be a good idea for voters to supply synopses for their nominations. So SkyRunner can just use those instead of reading the whole damn thing to get it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:02:47 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 09:08:38 pm »

Good idea. I added single-sentence descriptions to all of mine.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 09:31:38 pm »

Added a sentance or five to my recs.

Half of them, anyway.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 09:39:11 pm »

It would be a nice idea to divide the active between with and without waitlists. Of course it may be a little stupid, seeing as most have waitlists. In the OP, I mean.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:49:18 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 09:46:37 pm »

I also added short descriptions.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 09:58:28 pm »

CVRtD for HoF. Kaythx.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 11:12:52 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96133.0
Roll to Deathmatch. Active.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98568.0
Legands of the  Hidden Temple. Active. Based on the old tv show of the same name, six ten year olds explore an ancient Temple.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83547.0
Roll to Alter Someone's Life. Dead. Players, as the forces of chance, chaos and probability, spit into the teams of Success and Failure and alter someones life for better or worse.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=93138.0
Roll to Work at GenCorp. Finished. The players are hired by GenCorp. Chaos ensues.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:03:39 am by BullDog »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32