Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: ‼Ω‼ ‼¶‼ Dwarf Chocolate Mod .34.11 (Minecarts and Cooldowns) ‼#‼ ‼Π‼  (Read 73539 times)

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the great mod! Can you continue releasing an ASCII version, if you start bundling graphics with it? Looking forward to an update. Thank you kindly!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:35:36 pm by Taffer »

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction

Can't believe it's taken me this long to find out about this! Looking forward to the update to .34.11, and especially like some of the Alchemy stuff.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About the custom buildings. how do you make books and how do you use the peadestal and diplay cases? Also should the kids have the same power as the adult wizards because one of the wizard kids in my fort wiped out a series of kobold ambushes.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile

Oh god, I just ran into a Troll Shaman. I died, in case you where wondering.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction

Black Powder Firearms: Dwarf Chocolate Edition is now available for download! Threw this together in literally fifteen minutes but it should integrate quite smoothly, I hope. Please report any bugs at the main BPFA thread (link in my sig) rather than this one.

Thanks to SethCreyid for okaying this, as well as letting me borrow some parts of this mod for a major update/overhaul of the Dwarven Synthetics mod that I'll be making a start on as soon as I get hold of the guy who made it.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

Thanks for the interest and feedback, everyone!

About the custom buildings. how do you make books and how do you use the peadestal and diplay cases? Also should the kids have the same power as the adult wizards because one of the wizard kids in my fort wiped out a series of kobold ambushes.

Books require parchment and leather to bind (I've got some non-leather binding reactions in the next release); parchment is acquired from hides, and can be difficult to acquire if Auto Tan is on.  Pedestals and Display Cases are build like workshops and can take any item in their construction after the building materials are selected.  The two buildings are functionally identical except in that the Cases require a glass box.

There's no difference in magical power between a child Wizard and an adult, the greatest difference is in your ability to control them.  Wizard Tower is a bit too unbalanced to the easy side right now, and a few revisions should help that.

Oh god, I just ran into a Troll Shaman. I died, in case you where wondering.

Ah yes, they're a bit worse than Kobold Shamans.  Not quite as common though, you were pretty fortunate to find one!

Black Powder Firearms: Dwarf Chocolate Edition is now available for download! Threw this together in literally fifteen minutes but it should integrate quite smoothly, I hope. Please report any bugs at the main BPFA thread (link in my sig) rather than this one.

Thanks to SethCreyid for okaying this, as well as letting me borrow some parts of this mod for a major update/overhaul of the Dwarven Synthetics mod that I'll be making a start on as soon as I get hold of the guy who made it.

Looks great, Jake - With your permission, I will put a link to this in the OP.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction

Feel free, mate.

Except you might want to give it 'til I fix a typo in the raws...

Okay, all fixed now. I also sorted out both gunpowder reactions having the same hotkey reaction.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:40:16 am by Jake »

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So.

I would like to ask about Slabs that end up stored in places like Mountain Homes, which don't exist.

Is it possible to find them, or what?

detroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, well, while I was surfing the raws and I had found that Dire Lion's skins are as tough as steel!!

This is damn good news for an elf, imaging Dire Lion hide (steel) hoods, Dire Lion hide (steel) cloaks, shirts, coats...

One question though, should I tan Dire Lion's hides or not before sewing cloaks and hoods, in order to get the "steel fur protection"?

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction

Just got this mod up and running, and I've discovered a bug; the DC raws for entity_default are missing wheelbarrows and minecarts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Just got this mod up and running, and I've discovered a bug; the DC raws for entity_default are missing wheelbarrows and minecarts.

Re: ‼Ω‼ ‼¶‼ Dwarf Chocolate Mod .34i (for DF 34.06) Stop Exploding, Wizards ‼#‼ ‼Π‼

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction

Oh. Yeah. Oops.

Also, in other news, I hate trigger-happy pyromancers so much...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yep, DF Chocolate has a lot of cool stuff, but a lot of it is really frustrating. I had to add long delays between similar strong spells and abilities in Genesis, otherwise it's "screw your fort" too often which is not good for gameplay.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ari Lazarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One of the best mods for adventurer mode crafting around. I usually play this with Fear The Night.

That said, there are some mistakes in the reactions - all high-boot reactions make low boots, and mail shirts become breastplates. I think the 2H sword reaction also has a typo, haven't really tried the other weapons.

I also have some questions - from a solo adventurer (no forts) point of view:

1. Where in the hell can I get a boulder. :(
2. There seems to be some problems trying to melt down metal furniture for some reason - my gold tables weren't recognized. Is this why you didn't include those reactions in?
3. For some reason I can't find feathers from any avians at all. Butchering them gives me just skin at best.

Keep up the good work!
Modest Bodies - Fixes joints for all creatures.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction

Yep, DF Chocolate has a lot of cool stuff, but a lot of it is really frustrating. I had to add long delays between similar strong spells and abilities in Genesis, otherwise it's "screw your fort" too often which is not good for gameplay.
Only took one spell in this case; one of the merchants decided to take out a goblin snatcher with a fireball right outside the main gates. The ensuing grass fire totally destroyed the pasture and killed a woodcutter, half the chickens, all the rabbits and both yaks.
On the plus side, he burned himself to death taking out a kobold shortly afterwards and we got to loot the charred remains of his wagon for a load of useful stuff we couldn't afford to buy.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11