Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: ‼Ω‼ ‼¶‼ Dwarf Chocolate Mod .34.11 (Minecarts and Cooldowns) ‼#‼ ‼Π‼  (Read 73385 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

I'm back to DF after a long hiatus, and was checking if Flora and Fauna was updated (as I've been playing with it for a long while), seeing it was not, I searched a bit and stumbled onto this post. You might want to edit the original Flora and Fauna post so it points here, it will make it easier to find.

I will be looking into this mod asap. Thanks SethCreiyd!

P.S. OMG I'm in the acknowledgements! (misspelled my username btw)

Sorry about the typo.  There'll be a good number of changes to F&F for the next version - it sounds like a few plants will be made redundant, all the trees may need to be redone, things like dusk horses need to be replaced with new creature presets - but it's all kind of unclear for now, at least until the new version of DF is released.  I'll get around to putting a link here once I eventually redo the mod OPs.

is there a packaged version with a tileset available ?

Not that I am aware of.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for this great mod, I'm really enjoying it. :)

The only problems I'm having are with some of the spells... Are they really supposed to affect myself? Now, I've never managed to make any spells, so I'm not sure what the limitations are, but would it be possible to make the "Raise cloud", "Spray", "Raise wind storm" and "Raise gust of wind" spells not emanate from the square the player is standing in? I've managed to melt myself to death quite a few times with the spray molten lead and pitch spells, but I've never managed to melt any enemies with them.  :D
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

No, it isn't possible to do that.

Flarp

• Bay Watcher
  • and tearing apart the self-esteem!
    • View Profile

Transannual bump/necro! Whoah!

I just got a nasty necromancer, though, who turned my best hammerdwarves into scarecrows, then awakened my turkeys before the contents of my refuse stockpile brutally murdered them. My front doors are currently being menaced by a pack of a about 10 turkey gobbler familiar corpses.

This mod is pretty great, though. You should download it.
He views any show of emotion as offensive, sees introspection as important, values self-control, and strongly believes that a peaceful and ordered society without dissent would be best. He believes that mastery of a skill is one of the highest pursuits, values nature, and finds romance distasteful. He holds well-laid plans and shrewd deceptions in the highest regard.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction

This is still on my 'can't play without it' list, but I think wizards still need a bit of work. I've had to relocate the trade depot about fifty tiles from the front gate so they'll just blow each other up trying to clobber kobold thieves and local wildlife, not the local residents.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was recommended this mod to play Adventure mode on.

Would anyone tell me if any Tilesets can work with this mod? I don't mind ACSII for fortress mode but I do prefer adventure mode to have some sort of grafix.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Mind if I co-opt some spells? I really hate reinventing the wheel and also writing interactions has become tedious since I've been doing that more than most other modding for about 2 and a third years now >_>

EDIT: Just realized that SethCreiyd hasn't been around in 3 weeks. That's a predicament.

EDIT 2: Also realized that copy+pasting other people's interactions and changing everything that matters is the same thing as making them from scratch without the tedium, so whatever.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 04:44:06 pm by Putnam »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

Love this mod! I'm really only in it for the secrets though, but the other additions are nice. Especially the skin-to-clothing reactions. I can make sentient skin clothing with the help of my good friends the night trolls.
I've noticed one thing about worldgen: When a person begins to seek immortality, they will begin worshiping different gods to learn their secrets. But because not many of the secrets actually give immortality, the person will keep collecting secrets until they get vanilla necromancy, usually. Then the person will take all their slabs and go build a tower. Others will come to the tower and become apprentices. The apprentice gains all the secret the master knew, plus whatever secrets the apprentice managed to gather before coming to the tower. Towers become an adamantine spire of secrets, filled with immensely powerful magi and books of all subjects. I find this to be awesome.

Bug: Female bison, lacking a CASTE_NAME tag, are called nothings.

Also, how good is titanium for shields? I'm carrying around a bronze and a titanium one, and want to know which one to drop.
Also also, I thought being immortal barred you from gaining secrets, but I became a geomancer after becoming a vampire. I think adventure mode vampires are kinda bugged anyway, as I've passed out from pain and woken up again despite NOSTUN. Ah well, at least I can still become the god of magic I always wanted to be!

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

Mind if I co-opt some spells? I really hate reinventing the wheel and also writing interactions has become tedious since I've been doing that more than most other modding for about 2 and a third years now >_>

EDIT: Just realized that SethCreiyd hasn't been around in 3 weeks. That's a predicament.

EDIT 2: Also realized that copy+pasting other people's interactions and changing everything that matters is the same thing as making them from scratch without the tedium, so whatever.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to use what you like.  Also, thank you for answering questions here that I've been neglecting to answer.

Love this mod! I'm really only in it for the secrets though, but the other additions are nice. Especially the skin-to-clothing reactions. I can make sentient skin clothing with the help of my good friends the night trolls.
I've noticed one thing about worldgen: When a person begins to seek immortality, they will begin worshiping different gods to learn their secrets. But because not many of the secrets actually give immortality, the person will keep collecting secrets until they get vanilla necromancy, usually. Then the person will take all their slabs and go build a tower. Others will come to the tower and become apprentices. The apprentice gains all the secret the master knew, plus whatever secrets the apprentice managed to gather before coming to the tower. Towers become an adamantine spire of secrets, filled with immensely powerful magi and books of all subjects. I find this to be awesome.

Bug: Female bison, lacking a CASTE_NAME tag, are called nothings.

Also, how good is titanium for shields? I'm carrying around a bronze and a titanium one, and want to know which one to drop.
Also also, I thought being immortal barred you from gaining secrets, but I became a geomancer after becoming a vampire. I think adventure mode vampires are kinda bugged anyway, as I've passed out from pain and woken up again despite NOSTUN. Ah well, at least I can still become the god of magic I always wanted to be!

IIRC, for blocking potential, item quality matters more than anything else.  A titanium shield weighs less and sells for more.

@Jake, explosive Wizards are a problem that I want to eliminate for the next version, even if it means removing the troublesome spells entirely.  Which for now is looking like the solution.

@kuudou, Meph's old graphic tileset is still included with the download, and it works with this mod.

I will aim to make an update for this once the new version of DF comes out. Removing some redundancies, fixing some bugs, adding some new content.  With the new Adventurer stuff coming out, I'm looking forward to messing around with novel kinds of entities. 

My thanks to everyone who has enjoyed the mod so far.  If you wish to support its development, the posting of feedback is greatly appreciated.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, they are both masterworks (woo bandit weapon lords), so I guess I'll be getting rid of the bronze one (which I have been using) if it doesn't have any important kills. Also, I finally collected enough skins from night troll lairs to make myself a full set of sentient leather clothing!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hey, you are alive :)

But I dont think that you have my tileset in here... its my creature sprites you use. Tileset would require you to mod the raws a bit, to use Phoebus or Ironhand or Obsidian Soul.

JollyBastion or Spacefox would work without Raw changes, just drag and drop. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, would it be OK to use some of your geomancer's abilities for my avatar of earth?

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. I was trying to make some slings and stones for a wizard embark, and accidentally made about 10 thousand masterwork cloth slings out of four pieces of cloth.

Perhaps a missing [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] or whatever? I don't know stuff about stuff.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

That would be it.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

Oh snap, new version is out. Time to get busy.

Hey, you are alive :)

But I dont think that you have my tileset in here... its my creature sprites you use. Tileset would require you to mod the raws a bit, to use Phoebus or Ironhand or Obsidian Soul.

JollyBastion or Spacefox would work without Raw changes, just drag and drop. :)

Yeah, creature graphics is what I meant, thank you.

Phoebus' graphics pack more or less worked the last time I checked, but that was quite some time ago. Jolly Bastion and Spacefox both look very nice, I'll have to try them out once the new version excitement settles down.

Hey, would it be OK to use some of your geomancer's abilities for my avatar of earth?

Sure, have fun. I need to note somewhere that the mod is free to use for any appropriate purpose.

Hmm. I was trying to make some slings and stones for a wizard embark, and accidentally made about 10 thousand masterwork cloth slings out of four pieces of cloth.

Perhaps a missing [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] or whatever? I don't know stuff about stuff.

1 piece of cloth has an item dimension of 10000, so it's making one sling ten thousand times. If I understand it right, [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] would work, but accept any piece of cloth no matter the size of its item dimension (where 10000 is considered a 'full spool').

This should work:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_CLOTH_SLING]
[NAME:make cloth sling]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE][MIN_DIMENSION:10000]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SLING:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:CLOTHESMAKING]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11