Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: ‼Ω‼ ‼¶‼ Dwarf Chocolate Mod .34.11 (Minecarts and Cooldowns) ‼#‼ ‼Π‼  (Read 73493 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

Historical figs like to get a lot of secrets I had one that was a Lich and Healing and 2 or 3 more things.  :o Having 100 secrets in the world makes it FUN
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile

Seth Creiyd, you have outdone yourself. I loved the Wizerd mod, but this is a better "vannila" mod. Right now, I am trying to fight off a Manticore (and failing.) while I think a Trickster is somewhere around the fort. For once, I actualy feel fear when I breach the cavern systems, because I have no idea what I might find and I am too proud to look into the RAWs. The plants and reactions are done very, very well, and so far I must say that this is one of the best mods for the game so far. Not to say that others are not great, but often they change up the general feeling of the game. This? This is dwarf fortress, but with bloody magic and creatures I have been trying to get off my ass to mod in since I discovered this game. Cudos to you, good sir.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmmm.

This mod looks really interesting. I really like DF vanilla, and a lot of the (admittedly excellent) mods change it a bit too much in one or more directions (going in a more steam-punky direction, for example, which I'm not as into). At the same time, I would like a bit more magic and such than vanilla has.

Downloading.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Seth, every time I look at the features of your mods, I think "how the hell did he do THAT?"

It's pretty amazing.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmmm.

This mod looks really interesting. I really like DF vanilla, and a lot of the (admittedly excellent) mods change it a bit too much in one or more directions (going in a more steam-punky direction, for example, which I'm not as into). At the same time, I would like a bit more magic and such than vanilla has.

Downloading.

Same here. I would just download it for the creatures in the magical.ff file. The whole mod? Fantasic.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile

Yeah, this looks great.

I wonder - didn't you abandon Flora and Fauna because of world gen crashes regarding plants? Has that been addressed in .34.x?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 07:47:31 pm by trees »
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

Historical figs like to get a lot of secrets I had one that was a Lich and Healing and 2 or 3 more things.  :o Having 100 secrets in the world makes it FUN

Yep, the tops of towers can be rewarding.  Before I learned the nature of usage hints and such, Lich Prophets had a self-destructive habit of banishing themselves and their minions, which made getting the slabs pretty easy.

Seth Creiyd, you have outdone yourself. I loved the Wizerd mod, but this is a better "vannila" mod. Right now, I am trying to fight off a Manticore (and failing.) while I think a Trickster is somewhere around the fort. For once, I actualy feel fear when I breach the cavern systems, because I have no idea what I might find and I am too proud to look into the RAWs. The plants and reactions are done very, very well, and so far I must say that this is one of the best mods for the game so far. Not to say that others are not great, but often they change up the general feeling of the game. This? This is dwarf fortress, but with bloody magic and creatures I have been trying to get off my ass to mod in since I discovered this game. Cudos to you, good sir.

I'm thrilled that you're enjoying it so much, I dunno what to say besides thank you.  I'm also glad that Manticores are properly tough.  Let me know how the fortress pans out.

Hmmmm.

Downloading.

Thanks, I hope you enjoy it.  Toady One's made a pretty clear demarcation of DF's tech level and I'd like to stick to it here.  Black powder and pitch materials would be fun, but dwarves wouldn't know what to do with the stuff besides set it on fire and dump it on invaders, respectively.

Seth, every time I look at the features of your mods, I think "how the hell did he do THAT?"

It's pretty amazing.

It comes from a healthy quantity of iced tea and an obsessive streak I've learned to steer toward creation.

Srsly though, I've learned from all the modders here, including you, and all the Wiki contributors, and it's my hope that others can learn from this project too.

Yeah, this looks great.

I wonder - didn't you abandon Flora and Fauna because of world gen crashes regarding plants? Has that been addressed in .34.x?

Thank you - FF was put on hold, but thankfully I haven't noticed the plant problem since the 2012 release.

.32c is up at DFFD.  It's save-compatible, but the new reactions won't appear without a new world gen.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

When you practice, there's a 40% chance of getting a skill gain (100% is too fast and kind of an exploit).  When you get a skill gain, you'll "make a sweat," and the sweat disappears when you walk a couple of steps, so no need to drop it all.  If you drink sweat, you'll get sick, so it won't do any good to drink it if you can't find any water.

You can melt more stuff and the smithing reactions now respect metal, the METAL material argument is just an alias for INORGANIC, and with little effort one could melt granite hunting knives into bars, so that's taken care of.

I haven't included a Sound Man, I can't think of a way to implement it that isn't ridiculous.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

- Made adventurer-produced gloves, socks, shoes, boots and gauntlets properly made in pairs
   These are like paired items in Fortress Mode, item qualities are not synched

See? This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about :P

dezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Giving this a go, I'm a bit terrified of the power of wizards though haha. It will be nice being able to craft metal armor for once, but its unfortunate you can only get wood from smashing up other peoples furniture >.>

Kaplahworm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks great so far man.
When can we get that crafting guide up and running?

Im quite OCD with games so running around in adventure mode with 1 high boot and 1 low boot is like running around on glass for me >.<

Edit: Well im probably kinda stupid, but call me stumped, i cant even manage to break down wooden items into bits of wood to get me started =/

Edit: Half stupid.
Managed to get as far as making a stone crafting knife. But i cant manage the crucible. Any tips? >.>
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:14:32 am by Kaplahworm »

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

im now downloading 34c and i think that you fixed it, but in 34b making leather gloves was making mail shirts
idk if is intended but mages start the game naked with some kind of small weapon and a stave, i think they deserve at least a robe and some pair of shoes and socks
aaaaaaand sure is intended, but ectoplasmic cloth burns very bad
you should put somewhere more visible that mages wont learn secrets, and maybe what differences are between wizards, homunculi and golems

For the title i was thinking someting like "full list of reactions" and maybe "awesome magic"

im having the most amazing aventure mode times ever

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It figures. All the secrets in my world are in a dungeon on a tiny island in the middle of the ocean.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It figures. All the secrets in my world are in a dungeon on a tiny island in the middle of the ocean.

Embark, dfhack, liquid, magma/obsidian bridge. Rinse and repeat until access is allowed.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thrilled that you're enjoying it so much, I dunno what to say besides thank you.  I'm also glad that Manticores are properly tough.  Let me know how the fortress pans out.

Well, turns out that spirals of maddness happen faster when the entire military is wiped out,so there's not much to report other than I never did figure out what was making my dwarves have nosebleeds. :P

Arena testing is fun, tho. Chromatic dragons are !!fun!!, and Mantocores are actualy as tough as I suspected.
Currently wondering if I sould fiddle around and make either Griffons or phoenixes more breedable.
Edit: Phoenixs, no doubt. There body temp is deadly against almost everything. For giggles I had one fight a Basilisk, and after it killed that it melted several Hydra heads. I must get my hands on a pair in fortress mode.

..... Congrates. You have created Ooo. Embark now, and see what happens if you fight the natives on it.  :P

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know what Ooo is, but the natives are humans. Humans who happen to have a dungeon filled with arcane secrets.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11