Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: ‼Ω‼ ‼¶‼ Dwarf Chocolate Mod .34.11 (Minecarts and Cooldowns) ‼#‼ ‼Π‼  (Read 73513 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile

I don't know what Ooo is, but the natives are humans. Humans who happen to have a dungeon filled with arcane secrets.

The setting for Adventure time, my good man.

Also, go into that dungeon and learn all you can. That come out and take over your own little private island. Well, it will be private after you commit genocide, but hey, dont let that stop you.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might do that considering the only problem these people have is a single outcast. Time to take that pyromancer out of retirement.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I mixed the mod with LFR and my other two .34 mods and found a tower with 3 god tier secrets and foodomancy.

How fun!

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile

Minor oddity to report: ebony doors look identical to walls, making huts made of ebony seem without an entrance until what looks like some peasant walking through a wall or [l]ook around it. I suppose it's because of [DISPLAY_COLOR:0:0:1].

The cursor in this picture is currently over the door, which is the tile directly to the west of the adventurer.

Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)

I've been pretty impressed with this so far, though. Have yet to start a fortress in it (mostly because it seems that the clothing bugfix is on the horizon) but just romping around in adventure mode has been enjoyable.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I now know the secrets of conjuring food. Which includes inedible cheese.

Whew. Those goblin spearmen were tough. Good thing I can conjure cheese webs. Now I have nerve damage. Should I retire again or continue my quest? Oh and severe blood loss.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 06:48:50 pm by Vgray »

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is really fun! Excellent adventure mode.

I think I might be finally figuring out the crafting, which is good. My first two adventurers didn't last super long (lightning men can be a bit. . .intense).

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, are monks supposed to be a bit more.... robust? I know there ment to be one of the weaker secrets, but I just lost my monk adventurer to a random group of twits.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Hmm, are monks supposed to be a bit more.... robust? I know there ment to be one of the weaker secrets, but I just lost my monk adventurer to a random group of twits.

Let's be honest, most adventurers die to a random group of twits.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I would like to think that most of my adventurers die to a random group of eldrich boogiemen.  :D

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

Version .34d is up at DFFD.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

The placeholder reaction mat products for plants were tied to new tokens in the plant raws, so now, for example, you can brew plump helmets for proper dwarven wine instead of that weird liquid it was producing before.  I wanted to let the player extract from plants without a defined extract but it was coming up with "plant none" so now the reactions are all limited to plants from which you can actually get the right stuff.

Carpentry of furniture now requires a hand saw, which can now be forged.  The reaction to make the saw won't show up in old worlds, so you might want to edit them out or cheat yourself in a few if you need one.  I posted the beginnings of a crafting guide in the OP and pasted the note about secret acquisition.

- Made adventurer-produced gloves, socks, shoes, boots and gauntlets properly made in pairs
   These are like paired items in Fortress Mode, item qualities are not synched

See? This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about :P

Well making one shoe isn't very good for much but throwing... sadly, the custom glove bug is still around so custom made gloves are still unwearable.  I hope that gets caught up with the clothing update.

im now downloading 34c and i think that you fixed it, but in 34b making leather gloves was making mail shirts
idk if is intended but mages start the game naked with some kind of small weapon and a stave, i think they deserve at least a robe and some pair of shoes and socks
aaaaaaand sure is intended, but ectoplasmic cloth burns very bad
you should put somewhere more visible that mages wont learn secrets, and maybe what differences are between wizards, homunculi and golems

For the title i was thinking someting like "full list of reactions" and maybe "awesome magic"

im having the most amazing aventure mode times ever

Naked outsiders is a DF thing, but you can make yourself some pants as soon as you find some rocks and skin, so it's not too shabby.  I liken Outsider adventurers to Tolkien's Wizards, they're just dropped into the world with little more than the skin on their back and expected to change the world, but then a wizard outsider will have an easy time finding some hide to tan for a robe.  Good luck to your adventures.

Looks great so far man.
When can we get that crafting guide up and running?

Im quite OCD with games so running around in adventure mode with 1 high boot and 1 low boot is like running around on glass for me >.<

Edit: Well im probably kinda stupid, but call me stumped, i cant even manage to break down wooden items into bits of wood to get me started =/

Edit: Half stupid.
Managed to get as far as making a stone crafting knife. But i cant manage the crucible. Any tips? >.>

I have similar taste, so pairing boots and such was a priority.  They're made in pairs with the updates, and I covered wood first in the beginning of the crafting guide.  For the crucible, you'll need fire-safe blocks.

I might do that considering the only problem these people have is a single outcast. Time to take that pyromancer out of retirement.
Traversing the seas to impart destruction on an unsuspecting, isolated, untroubled population for the sake of power, how very dwarven.

Just crossing an ocean with a pyromancer is pretty neat, will you be swimming it or hiking across the winter ice?

Minor oddity to report: ebony doors look identical to walls, making huts made of ebony seem without an entrance until what looks like some peasant walking through a wall or [l]ook around it. I suppose it's because of [DISPLAY_COLOR:0:0:1].

The cursor in this picture is currently over the door, which is the tile directly to the west of the adventurer.

Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)

I've been pretty impressed with this so far, though. Have yet to start a fortress in it (mostly because it seems that the clothing bugfix is on the horizon) but just romping around in adventure mode has been enjoyable.

Much appreciated.  I hadn't yet come across ebony, here's what it should look like now:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I now know the secrets of conjuring food. Which includes inedible cheese.

Whew. Those goblin spearmen were tough. Good thing I can conjure cheese webs. Now I have nerve damage. Should I retire again or continue my quest? Oh and severe blood loss.

If it were me, I'd retire but not before bringing the secret somewhere accessible.  If you take him to a dwarf town and retire there he might show up at your fort if you embark with the same civ.

I've tried every single thing I could think of to try and get the game to even recognize reaction classes when it comes to material emissions.  It calls the cheese cheese, but it's not edible or anything, and the powder isn't counted as a POWDER_MISC type item (or an item of any sort) for reaction purposes so it can't be transformed into something useful.  Anyone out there have any ideas?

This is really fun! Excellent adventure mode.

I think I might be finally figuring out the crafting, which is good. My first two adventurers didn't last super long (lightning men can be a bit. . .intense).

Great, I'm happy you're having fun!  Did your adventurer melt before their nervous system shut down?  I might have to cool the lightning a little.

Well, I would like to think that most of my adventurers die to a random group of eldrich boogiemen.  :D

Monks are admittedly not very special yet.  A boost in kinesthetic sense and endurance might do well for them.

edit, neglected some things
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:17:08 pm by SethCreiyd »

Poot

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:haunting quacks]
    • View Profile

Thank you both.  You can start adventurer mode as a Wizard outsider, which will give you access to spells right away, but you won't be able to learn secrets later.  An adventurer of a mundane race can learn secrets by reading the books or the slabs, the way the Necromancer secrets work in standard DF, but most of the new secrets and their holders are found in keeps and such rather than Towers.  As for finding them, the surest way is to check out the slabs in Legends mode and try to follow their trail.

Thanks bro.

When you say keeps, what do you mean? What kind of keeps? Surely not just the regular human ones right?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:42:12 am by Poot »

Kaplahworm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Version .34d is up at DFFD.
Looks great so far man.
When can we get that crafting guide up and running?

Im quite OCD with games so running around in adventure mode with 1 high boot and 1 low boot is like running around on glass for me >.<

Edit: Well im probably kinda stupid, but call me stumped, i cant even manage to break down wooden items into bits of wood to get me started =/

Edit: Half stupid.
Managed to get as far as making a stone crafting knife. But i cant manage the crucible. Any tips? >.>

I have similar taste, so pairing boots and such was a priority.  They're made in pairs with the updates, and I covered wood first in the beginning of the crafting guide.  For the crucible, you'll need fire-safe blocks.
My issue is that i cant make the fire safe blocks.
I can get a big pile of stones.
Get half way though crafting one, then it says no more materials.
I think its only letting me combined 2 items at once.
Right now i cant figure out how to hold more than 2fire safe stones in my hands to make the blocks in the first place.

Im guessing this is not an issue with the mod, more of an issue of me not really knowing what im doing.

Kaplahworm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay,

Edited the Raws in the end to reduce the amount of stone i needed for a crucible.
But now i still cant melt things down to make anything.

Has anyone who has actually managed to make a weapon or armour please tell me what the fuck to do, because it isnt very intuitive atm.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My pyromancer is actually a native who went exploring in the old dungeons. I am currently in the morgue. Dead bodies everywhere leading to it, and tons of coffins and memorials in the room itself. If only Elf Retreats existed. I could go to their continent, which is actually pretty close. I think it's the Dwarves on one continent, the Elves on the other, and the humans on two tiny islands including the one I'm on. I'm not sure if my world has Goblins.

Oh, and how heavy is cheese?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:53:07 am by Vgray »

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i have melted and gotten the fuel right (follow the graphical instructions in the OP) but i still cant find (or make) a stone hammer...  someone knows how to deal with it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11