Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 79464 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2
« on: March 18, 2012, 02:34:19 pm »

My Little Fortress
- Fanon is Magic -
- 1.2.1 -

A My little Pony : Friendship is Magic mod for Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5929

Based on Ponymod - My Little Fortress by Nidokoenig. All thanks go to him as this mod would not be here without his work.

FiM is for and bundled with 0.34.06 and the following utilities and mods:
Phoebus Tileset

Fanon is Magic is an attempt to make a MLP mod that has its grounds in the universe of G4/Friendship is Magic, as such the features included try to be as close to the show as possible, or at least not directly be opposed by canon.

Major Features:
Ponies in three castes + extremely rare alicorns.
Cutie Marks and detailed descriptions.
Applebucking and apple production.
Introductary research system that will be expanded later.
Weather factory that lets you build clouds and grow rainbows.
Griffons, Zebra, Buffalo and Diamond Dog civilizations.

For More details, please read the README file
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H2mGAzbsS0Tg9xX1XeTEOS455y6fMdZOpMl6UdbupHE/edit

Alternative files described in readme are now available from here, will be included in next version.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3677116/alt%20files.zip

Released My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2.1

Version 1.2.1 Changelog

Updated to DF 0.34.11
Fixed several game breaking bugs that have been left in for far too long, Thanks to Replica for help squashing them.

Old Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:03:51 pm by Sorcerer »

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.1
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 03:20:22 pm »

Fantastic, downloading away!

Thanks for doing this. Nido's version is great, but I like my ponies a bit less grimdark.

Also, yay applebucking!
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 03:27:39 pm »

I just realized a sliiiight bug with this version.. the Population Ratios are off :/ as in only earth ponies have a population ratio at all...

Im uploading a revised edition as we speak

EDIT:

Alright, fixed version is up!

IF you don't want to redownload the whole thing
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3677116/creature_pony_NEW.txt
replace RAW/objects/creature_pony_NEW.txt with this file
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:45:20 pm by Sorcerer »

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 03:45:14 pm »

Also, something may be a bit wonky with the language system. Perusing deities, there are a few named '   , " " ' which is the formatting for Name, "Nickname" but obviously nothing was filled in. Or, with quite a few FBs, it's '   , "Nickname" ' with no original moniker.

I'll download the new one, and continue my sojourn/bug checking. :D
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 03:47:30 pm »

yeah, I have noticed this as well, it stems from the language file not having all the neccessary translations due to new words being added.
Usually the game would fill in these with plain english but it seems the Truetype version does not.

Just let me know about any bugs and I'll squash them like its nobody's business :D

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 04:28:47 pm »

Could you make it clear how, exactly, this is different from the My Little Fortress mod?  Is this just My Little Fortress with Stonesense rolled into it, or are there more differences?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 04:40:17 pm »

Isn't this like.. the seventh pony mod-mod thread?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 04:46:22 pm »

Fourth i think... I've been putting these versions in the original pony mod thread, but they are different enough now to warrant a new thread for less confusion. Sorry bout the pony spam everybody XD

Modifications are actually quite extensive.

Ponies are slightly altered, they have new stat weights, skill aptitudes and appearance modifiers, and the biggest change is the addition of cutie marks. They don't have an impact on the pony's skill like the my little darkness mod, but they're there at least. I also made 11 copies of each of the castes, meaning you are 11 times less likely to see the same coat/mane color combination.

There's also major changes to the pony civilization, they no longer use animal products, so no meat or leather are available on embark, butchering is still available, and ponies DO eat meat, but their civilization is not built around it. Instead there's a multitude of new plants, covering everything you need. Fibre, dyes, and even oil that can make soap is available.
There's a bunch of small thematic changes too, like the monarch position is now exclusively held by an alicorn.
Another major change is to the other civilizations. Zebra, and Buffalo now only come in one caste, Lions have been reduced to just Griffons, and neither race is playable (this is my little PONY afterall)
There's some changes to start locations and favored areas to balance out the different civs a bit.

I have also removed animalponies and animalpegasuseses, actually there are not even animalmen, with the exception of the original cavern dwellers.

Compared to nido's mod i have also removed wood conjuring and painting, as well as the bakery.
I might reintroduce features, but as of right now i didn't really see any point in the show where ponies conjured wood from plants.

I have added a few new features aswell, Applebucking i mentioned, there's also chocolate from cocoa beans, which you can currently only eat or make chocolate milk from, but we'll explore that a bit more later, probably along with a fully fledged baking system.

There's probably lots of things I've forgotten, alot of the new features are in the readme file.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:06:02 pm by Sorcerer »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 06:06:54 pm »

Updated the mod with the new version of DFhack and fixed a crashing bug with stonesense and appletrees.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 08:43:50 pm »

Are you planning on removing generic horses/donkeys/etc? Easy to fix on my own copy, but I do find it kind of jarring when migrants show up with horse pets.

Darekun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 02:11:41 am »

Wow, um. Dwarf Therapist is like a third of the 22MB, and will be re-DLed each time. Would be nice to get a DL with just the modded files >_> (Does Dwarf Therapist even work on Linux?)

Instead of separately defining all the castes and selecting them in bunches, you can create the unnumbered set, and then use [USE_CASTE] to copy them for the numbered sets. That would also mean you would only have to  (At least according to the wiki, looks like Toady doesn't use it.)

Are you planning on removing generic horses/donkeys/etc? Easy to fix on my own copy, but I do find it kind of jarring when migrants show up with horse pets.
Um, the show had at least one mule, as well as ordinary farm animals…

(Although the mule did talk, so maybe add [CAN_SPEAK]? Then you'll get migrants who bring pets who get elected mayor :P)
Darekun likes iron, cobalt, alicorn, cut gems, elves for their comparative advantage, and goblins for being an iron-bearing ore. When possible, she prefers to consume tea, cow meat, and Bacon Salt. She absolutely detests pasture creatures.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 02:38:57 am »

Horses at least are becoming non-pettable, also probably adding CAN_SPEAK to the creatures seen talking in the show.
I've set most of the elected entity position as [ALLOWED_CLASS:Pony] so no mule mayors :P

As for dwarf therapist, whoa, didn't realize it was so large, I'll not include it in future releases.

As for the castes, the problem with the colors and descriptors is that the gene system isn't exactly designed to make dozens of different multicolored ponies.
If you don't define colors on a per-caste basis in the raws, everyone ends up looking identical, with only small variations.
I'll look into the [USE_CASTE] tho.. the file ends up pretty big even after my restructuring.

Darekun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 03:38:38 am »

Also…
Isn't this like.. the seventh pony mod-mod thread?
Maybe there should be separate subfora for modding-the-activity and mod products? There really are a lot of both here, and you get people calling less than a month a huge necro.

I've set most of the elected entity position as [ALLOWED_CLASS:Pony] so no mule mayors :P
Ooh, nice move :3

As for dwarf therapist, whoa, didn't realize it was so large, I'll not include it in future releases.

Though again, just the changed files would be nice… I think I'm seeing most but not all of DFHack and Stonesense O_o

I'm adding this to a DF with dinosaurs(not as many as I'd like), a bunch of plants and items and such, two new kinds of dwarves, seven new kinds of elves, two all-new major civving species, etc. And I'm on Linux. Is this really a "for newbies" kind of thing, the way (say) Mayday packs are?

As for the castes, the problem with the colors and descriptors is that the gene system isn't exactly designed to make dozens of different multicolored ponies.
If you don't define colors on a per-caste basis in the raws, everyone ends up looking identical, with only small variations.
Stopping at year 100 really helps this :J (That plus removing [MAXAGE] half-solves the problem for my own proto-ponies(trying to debug graphics intended for this).) Also, migration between sites "stirs" it, but tweaking worldgen to promote that might be a pain in the neck.

Still, hopefully someday we'll be able to [TLCM_GENETIC_MODEL:CHAOS]…

I'll look into the [USE_CASTE] tho.. the file ends up pretty big even after my restructuring.
Also, you might be able to use creature variations as macros, especially for applying the TLCMs…
Darekun likes iron, cobalt, alicorn, cut gems, elves for their comparative advantage, and goblins for being an iron-bearing ore. When possible, she prefers to consume tea, cow meat, and Bacon Salt. She absolutely detests pasture creatures.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 03:49:27 am »

The major reasoning for the bundle is i kinda prefer it as a full package, especially with the stonesense sprites being a bit integral to the mod.
Since it also changes several of the default files, it's not really just a drop in and go type of mod.
Sorry for lack of simple linux support, I tend to forget this game is released on all platforms :P
But i figure you linuxites have the know-how to grab what you want from this release (hint: its everything with pony in the name)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 11:51:42 am »

Added a quick hotfix to solve a few small bugs.
You can just drop the files into any active savegames to fix these issues

-Body Multiplication bug (a second body attached to the upper body O_O)
-Infinite Research Stacking bug (turning 5 seperate research objects into five seperate research objects)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25