Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 79463 times)

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.1
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 05:10:01 pm »

Heads up, getting consistent crash during world gen.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 05:17:13 pm »

Hmmm.. I have heard other mention the same thing, what size map are you trying? are you getting anything in errorlog.txt?

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 05:26:30 pm »

Small map, short world gen, civ/site medium, low savagery, low beasts, high material frequency.

Errorlog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 05:38:22 pm »

Hmmm, I managed to reproduce the crash, but it does seem to be random..
Try deleting Interaction_alicorn.txt It's not completely implemented anyway, and it's the only thing i can think of that could have an effect in worldgen.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 05:50:39 pm »

Hmmm, I managed to reproduce the crash, but it does seem to be random..
Try deleting Interaction_alicorn.txt It's not completely implemented anyway, and it's the only thing i can think of that could have an effect in worldgen.

Will do. What exactly does that interaction do?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 05:56:52 pm »

Well, it supposedly turns ponies seeking immortality into alicorns. Initially i wanted it to be a god-granted power but those only seem to come in the form of curses
The actual transformation works, but I havent gotten the alicorns to show up in worldgen yet so i assume it's not working properly.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 06:50:14 pm »

Well, it supposedly turns ponies seeking immortality into alicorns. Initially i wanted it to be a god-granted power but those only seem to come in the form of curses
The actual transformation works, but I havent gotten the alicorns to show up in worldgen yet so i assume it's not working properly.

Here's the issue with your Alicorn secret:

Your raws:

Fixed raws:

The Secret interaction source currently only accepts IMMORTALITY as a goal and the addition of tags for other interactions messes it up. If you want the power to be a secret this is what you need.

“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 06:52:37 pm »

Cheers, I'll give that a shot :D
Wish we had a couple more tags to play with for the interactions.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 08:51:44 pm »

Fully realizing that you are working on fixing the interaction, I tried simply deleting the interaction, and I'm still getting the continuous world gen crashes. Tried with different settings, etc. And the errorlog seems to be not registering anything at all now.

Regardless of the issues, thanks for doing this! Looking forward to a bugs-hammered-out version!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 09:34:17 pm »

The weird thing is that while trying to fix the bug, i actually developed the same problem on my "development" install, and i have NO idea what causes it atm.

Could I persuade you to give this a shot, see if the problem persists?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3677116/My%20Little%20Fortress%20-%20Fanon%20is%20Magic%201.1.3%2834.05%29.zip

I've just built 20 or so worlds with your settings without any crashes on that install.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 10:13:08 pm »

Just genned a few worlds with that dl, tried several wildly different gen settings, and good, clean gens all the way through. Most perplexing.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 10:34:55 pm »

Indeed, I've been trying to figure out what exactly i changed to make it crash... ohwell.. Im sure it'll turn up sooner or later XD

RPGriffon

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Caw-caw, baby. SumunSinsot is here!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 02:17:09 pm »

For the first BODY entry(non-caste) try to use only this:
[BODY]
Simple as buck, but it works.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 03:23:02 pm »

Realized we can use larger sprites for stonesense now that the zoom levels have been properly fixed, which means more detailed sprites! whoo!

Here's some magical alicorns i made by pasting wings and horns on earth ponies! huzzah!

Note that you can even see their eyecolor if you zoom in now :D

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 06:37:53 pm »

Ohhh how much I wish I knew how to work stonesense on a mac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25