Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange Mood Problem  (Read 27169 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange Mood Problem
« on: March 18, 2012, 08:58:01 pm »

I just got a strange mood. According to dfhack and the wiki, he needs metal bars (2), any bones, rock blocks, rock boulder, any leather, and any bones. He's already collected all of these things in the metalsmith's forge, but he hasn't started building. In the forge, there are iron bars, stray two-humped camel bones [18], microcline blocks, hematite, two-humped camel leather, and more iron bars, all with TSK.

He asks for blocks...bricks, leather....skin, bones...yes, bars...metal, stone...rock.

Is there a glitch? Did I miss something?

edit: He didn't have enough bones. Apparently dfhack doesn't tell you how many bones you need. Good to know.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:01:01 pm by expwnent »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Mood Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 09:01:59 pm »

In the forge, there are iron bars, stray two-humped camel bones [18], microcline blocks, hematite, two-humped camel leather, and more iron bars, all with TSK.

He asks for blocks...bricks, leather....skin, bones...yes, bars...metal, stone...rock.

Is there a glitch? Did I miss something?
Are you sure this is the exact order he asks for items? Dwarves will collect is a specific order, so look carefully.
So if iron bars were the last thing he collected, then he wants either more iron bars or whatever comes after iron bars.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 09:05:37 pm »

any bones, rock blocks, rock boulder, any leather, and any bones

2 times bones
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 02:55:38 am »

If it isn't a mag forge, you'll want some charcoal, in there aswell.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 04:35:46 am »

actually, there is no set number of bones he needs, but bones stacks. He needed two sets of bone stacks and would have been as happy with two stacks of 4 puppy bones as with one puppy bone stack and a stack of 198 titan bones (yes, that happened to me once)
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 05:33:52 am »

If it isn't a mag forge, you'll want some charcoal, in there aswell.

Fuel isn't required during a mood.