Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ... Is this too far? :p  (Read 13955 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: ... Is this too far? :p
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 01:52:25 pm »

... I think this game is making me a tad sadistic, lol.
That just means you have to play more dwarf fortress.
A tad sadistic is not enough. (not in this community o_o)

In Dwarf Fortress, there is no such thing as "is this too far?", there is only "Can I kill something with this in spectacular fashion?"
Also, this.
(it also confirms my statement above.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 01:57:00 pm »

DF; where the genocide of other races for the entertainment of a fortresses diners is considered "casual play."
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 02:10:42 pm »

DF; where the genocide of other races for the entertainment of a fortresses diners is considered "casual play."

And hardcore mode is when you drop all dwarves who attain legendary status instead, right?
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 02:30:10 pm »

Are undead still building destroyers? Or did they lose that tag in DF2012? You are probably safer going with fortifications.
Undead inherit [BUILDING_DESTROYER:1], which allows them to destroy wooden furniture.  Stone doors, metal doors, and windows are not wood, and only a proper troll or titan or whatnot can break those.

Also, if you've got undead in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 03:36:01 pm »

Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
Agreed.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Darksilverhawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 04:10:07 pm »

Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
Agreed.

No no no, see, that's the guest dining room. You know, the one elf traders get to eat in. They even get to admire your fine spike traps up close.

(Also, thanks Girlinhat, I needed a sig.)
When a dwarf has to make a decision, they will make the wrong one approximately 99.7% of the time.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 08:52:04 pm »

This is the game where "child care" is locking a kid in a room with a bunch of rabid animals to scar them, physically and emotionally, for years to make them better killing machines. Sir, this is not far enough.

Sigged (-:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:53:36 pm by Nagidal »
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 08:59:02 pm »

Agreed.

No no no, see, that's the guest dining room. You know, the one elf traders get to eat in. They even get to admire your fine spike traps up close.

(Also, thanks Girlinhat, I needed a sig.)
This is the game where "child care" is locking a kid in a room with a bunch of rabid animals to scar them, physically and emotionally, for years to make them better killing machines. Sir, this is not far enough.

Sigged (-:
Everybody is getting their sigs tonight!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 09:23:46 pm »

Once you start down the Dorf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 09:37:37 pm »

Once you start down the Dorf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
Been sigged, this has.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 09:50:32 pm »

Do you know what the saddest part of this is? He even had to ask if it was too far.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

geail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 10:01:17 pm »

That simply means you are becoming a hardened individual.  Given enough time, you will not really care about anything anymore.  See Girlinhat and her beautiful experiments for a prime example.

evilDagmar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 10:02:14 pm »

Yes, absolutely.  Feel free to fill a room with miscellaneous body parts, and then drop a necromancer in there.

Nothing could possibly go wrong with that plan. :D

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 10:06:44 pm »

Yes, absolutely.  Feel free to fill a room with miscellaneous body parts, and then drop a necromancer in there.

Nothing could possibly go wrong with that plan. :D

I actually plan to weaponize something like this when I get around to playing 34.05.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 10:12:32 pm »

So, regarding necro in room with parts

We all know that animals attack if left in a crowded space. What about zombies (or zombie animals), do they follow this behavior too?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 [2] 3